YesNoOk

SeanAltly's Commissions Thread (Commissions Open, Details on Page 21) (Read 178005 times)

Started by Sean Altly, April 16, 2012, 10:30:30 pm
SeanAltly's Commissions Thread (Commissions Open, Details on Page 21)
#1  April 16, 2012, 10:30:30 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Alright, I'm giving in. I'm sure it won't amount to much because I'm not as good at this as Diepod or Balthazar, but I'm going to start taking sprite commissions. I have not yet set up a PayPal account, but I will soon. Here are the details, which are extremely complex:

I will make you one "SeanAltly" style sprite for $5. Now when I say SeanAltly style, what I mean is this:

As you can see, the style is comparable to, but not exactly like CVS-style. I try for a mostly overhead light source (though I admit it's sometimes not perfect), 4-5 shades per color, semi-realistic proportions. You can commission a sprite of anyone or anything; If I'm unfamiliar with the subject, I will Google the shit out of it. If it's particularly large, I may charge $7-$10. I am unfortunately not adept at any other styles, so I can't offer SF3 or KOFXII style sprites. That's part of the reason I will do one sprite for $5. Also, since I am only charging $5, I would prefer it in advance. I am good for it. If you send me the money and I do not make your sprite, feel free to tell everyone I didn't fulfill your commission. However, that won't happen.

To be clear on pricing, full characters are going to cost at least $350, probably more depending on the complexity of the design and the size and difficulty of the moveset. I can accept incremental payments on a case-by-case basis, but any payments sent to me are non-refundable if you can't finish paying for whatever reason.

Single animations follow the same design complexity rules, but are more based on frame count than anything else. They generally amount to $2-3 per frame. For example, Kyo's kick was 13 frames. I received ~$25 for the animation, and I was able to complete around 4 frames per hour, which amounts to ~$8 per hour, which is a little lower than I'd like but still better than say, running a fast food counter and getting $5.50 an hour after taxes. Plus, I enjoy spriting, so there's that.

To make things clear right away, most animations will be referenced from other characters, which is another reason why it's so cheap. That doesn't mean these will be edits though. I'm just not great at original animations. If you want your character coded, that's another $30 to $80, depending on the complexity.

Anyway, like I said, I don't expect this to really go anywhere, but it'd be a waste if I didn't at least try. And, of course, if you'd just like to donate a few bucks, that's awesome too. Contact me through PM here, or at the following e-mail address:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

If you commission an entire character, we can exchange MSN names or something similar for more streamlined communication.

Thanks to anyone who is interested.

I will now take 3 sprite requests, as a sort of "demo," so you can see how I would handle commissions.

All the above is old pricing and old info. New info on Page 21!

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 03:35:57 am by Sean Altly
Re: SeanAltly's Commissions Thread
#2  April 16, 2012, 10:34:46 pm
can you do one (1) sprite of morrissey (preferably 80s look)
#3  April 16, 2012, 10:38:31 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
albiole from battle monsters please

OZ

#4  April 16, 2012, 10:40:16 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
thrax from osmosis jones
ಠ_ಠ
#5  April 16, 2012, 10:41:22 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
can you do one (1) sprite of morrissey (preferably 80s look)

Just Googled "Morrissey 80s look," getting plenty of pics from the chest up, almost zero from the chest down. Do you have any that are of his entire outfit/body?

Alright, there's the 3 freebies:

Morrissey (80s)
Albiole (Battle Monsters)
Thrax (Osmosis Jones)

Download Last Bout now!

OZ

#6  April 16, 2012, 10:42:13 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
he has an entire folder i'm sure
ಠ_ಠ
#7  April 16, 2012, 10:42:50 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
    • USA
i'm glad that we have the best trio of people we could put together
#8  April 16, 2012, 10:43:48 pm
#9  April 16, 2012, 10:45:16 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Alright, no prob.

By the way Oz, Thrax is a pimp. Best thing about that movie, if you ask me.

I'm off to work now, but when I get home I will do at least one of these, and the other two tomorrow.

Download Last Bout now!

OZ

#10  April 16, 2012, 10:47:15 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ
#11  April 16, 2012, 10:49:37 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Wow, this is a very nice topic, and offering to sprite a whole spritesheet is ... :o
#12  April 16, 2012, 11:55:15 pm
    • USA
This is pretty cool. $1 is in my price range lol
#13  April 17, 2012, 01:04:24 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
First one done:

Original          >       With Flames       >        Without Flames

This was strange. I googled this character and all I got were screenshots. I found a mugen version, but the large portrait was just a card that wa svery pixelated, so I had to sort of guess on stuff like the face. The flames I assume would be some semi-transparent CVS-like flame fx, but I made one with flames anyway, just in case.

Download Last Bout now!
#14  April 17, 2012, 01:09:50 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
    • USA
hah wow that's pretty spiffy looking, you got both the character style and your own personal style mixed in there very evenly. like it a lot, thanks a bunch

and yeah his face is pretty much impossible to make out but the melancholy expression there fits him pretty well
#15  April 17, 2012, 01:21:46 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Yeah, got that done since I ended up not going to work. Hilarious, I'm complaining about money and car issues, and then my girlfriend lost her car key (the top of it's broken so it can't go on a key chain, so it's loose all the time). It's just --- gone, man. We only had one because she didn't want to pay to have it copied since it has a chip in it or something which makes getting copies more expensive. So now I'm missing an entire night of work. Blargh. Going to try to get another one of these requests done and then I'm going to get drunk to make good use of the night.

Download Last Bout now!
#16  April 18, 2012, 05:52:15 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Here's my best shot at Morrissey for Titiln:

Head might be a little big, but I wanted it to look like him as much as possible (I don't mean he has a big head, just a distinctive face that is kind of long). Sorry the pose isn't terribly dynamic.

And here's the last of the requests, Thrax from Osmosis Jones.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 07:08:47 am by Sean Altly
#17  April 18, 2012, 01:17:05 pm
#18  April 18, 2012, 03:16:59 pm
  • SNK is life
Pay for get hits only, so we can beat his sorry ass.
#19  April 18, 2012, 03:18:52 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
    • USA

....yep, just as i thought. lined up, this team would allow me to actually care about cvs2

seriously though great work, nice to see someone step out of what they're familiar with and do really good at it

then I'm going to get drunk to make good use of the night.

make drunk sprites
Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 03:23:01 pm by MelvanaInChains

OZ

#20  April 18, 2012, 05:29:17 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ