YesNoOk

Shockdingo's Shocktorium of...uh...stuff! (Read 39960 times)

Started by Shockdingo, January 17, 2012, 03:25:01 am
Shockdingo's Shocktorium of...uh...stuff!
#1  January 17, 2012, 03:25:01 am
  • Mumbling voice actor reploid
    • Canada
    • electricvoiceboxmedia.com
Hey guys,
How's it going? I don't know why it's taken me so long to post any of my sprites. Hmm, maybe I was waiting to post something really awesome, I don't really know. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy! These are all on my Deviant Art page. I have a few things on there that I didn't post on here, it also has some info on each of the pieces incase you wanted to know any interesting blurbs about the particular sprite. http://shockdingo.deviantart.com/

Edits circa 2006

Flash animation test about selftitled Mugen character
http://shockdingo.deviantart.com/art/Scrap-Shockdingo-Preview-101299578?q=gallery%3Ashockdingo%2F787895&qo=43

(Attempt at spriting myself)

Flash anims

Deadpool title cards test
http://shockdingo.deviantart.com/art/Deadpool-title-Cards-test-118848490?q=gallery%3Ashockdingo%2F787895&qo=40

Misc photo manips

(freakin' watermark messed this up a little)

Shockdingo (Mugen character misc)

Identity chart

2009 my indepth intro on Shockdingo (mugen character) It's a bit of a length flash anim, but I wanted it to be indepth so that when I finally get of my butt and finish the character, people will know what this is all about.
http://shockdingo.deviantart.com/art/A-Closer-look-at-Shockdingo-142662278?q=gallery%3Ashockdingo%2F1179191&qo=0
Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 03:29:22 am by Shockdingo
Re: Shockdingo's Shocktorium of...uh...stuff!
#2  January 17, 2012, 12:18:20 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
There is some great pics! even in the older ones. THis kind of little stories make me nostalgic of mugen early days communities.
I'm diggin' the fight of boxers!
#3  January 17, 2012, 06:47:32 pm
  • SNK is life
I like your imagination. You really make good use of all the parts you get from here and there.

I find the newspaper notes very funny, I like them.
#4  January 22, 2012, 04:50:55 am
    • Canada
Thanks for the kind words guys! :)

Heh, yea, I should have been a coverwriter or something, I love making extras like that. I loved doing the newspaper stuff a ton, I think I'll do some more when I have time.
#5  February 01, 2012, 02:32:00 am
    • Canada
I know a lot of people hate this guy (and some love him), but I've been amused by the gameplay vids and couldn't resist spriting him...behold BadBoxArt Mega Man...

Hardcore Mega Man fans:
Please don't murder me....I'm allergic to brutal murder  :P
#6  February 01, 2012, 02:56:15 am
  • Yu Yu hakusho spriter
    • USA
    • thanewdude07.deviantart.com/
LOL Love it!

I think its a great troll from capcom and i will be interested to see how he plays in the street fighter x tekken.

I like the sprite a lot i think you did a great job! :sugoi:

More stuff Get ready for the best yusuke ever!! http://thanewdude07.deviantart.com/

Check out my youtube for more fun stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamSpamBustah?feature=guide
#7  March 02, 2012, 07:51:05 pm
    • Canada
Hehe, thanks for the kind words dude.

I've got some new(old stuff)

Back in the day, I used to make special and super concepts for different characters. On July 5, 2008 I made this little piece, it's meant to show off Cap's finesse with a shield. I made it in the being of Thor's Heroes of Asgard "input hyper". Enjoy:

I also did a dramatic rendition of the infamous Zero Wing intro. I made some extra visual fx to punch up the overall vid, but you can check it out here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdjHjVCYw2U

Enjoy! :)
#8  March 06, 2012, 10:32:50 pm
I would love to see a well-made cap using this attack as hyper.
Really nice work on all of those.
Lands charred black, rivers boiled,
crops and wells alike despoiled.
Mountains leveled, forests felled,
Footprints of the beasts of Keld.
#9  June 23, 2012, 05:33:36 am
    • Canada
I would love to see a well-made cap using this attack as hyper.
Really nice work on all of those.

Heh, thanks dude. I've actually talked to a few people about this. I think the move has found a new home.

Also, I've been out of spriting for a loooooooong while and decided to do this:

Nothing special, but I wanted to sprite ol Chuckles in a different way, so I used Ghost Kick's upperbody. I tried to do some weird new shading on one of the sprites, but I'm super ignorant about light sources and haven't been able to properly grasp the concept for years.  Back to more practicing.

Oh yea, I did this months back because I was insane or something having to do with my Canadian pride welling up for some...reason? I dunno:

Posted: November 09, 2013, 01:28:18 am
Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 01:53:52 am by Shockdingo
#10  January 13, 2014, 01:54:22 am
    • Canada
Bumping this up with some new works for the new year, though there's some videos too, I hope that's cool.

Lately, I've been learning vectors and drawing with Illustrator, so that led to a couple interesting creations.

Marvel Minimalist Concept reel 1

This is a little tribute to those old commercial bumpers from 80's cartoons. I love those and title cards (Batman the Animated series) so I assembled a team of voice actor friends (one of which made me all those awesome custom music tracks) and boom! I got this! :)

Here's some of the vector portraits by themselves:

Here's a Close Up!

Heart of Shou Lao

As the City Sleeps

Dead Center!

and lastly, here's Nick Fury. I was going to include him in the minimalist reel and have him close it out, but it was starting to run way too long. If I do a sequel I'll put him in.

Street Fighter Commercial Bumper Test

Continuing the Commercial bumper obsession, I made one for street fighter. (Since this one was a test, I put it on my secondary attic channel)

An old piece before an HD crash, basically this was my concept for the fake Marvel Comic my namesake would appear in. I'll return to the idea one day.

Tales of Heroism #14- The Immortal Sword of Macel-Od

#11  January 13, 2014, 04:34:27 am
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
ShockDingo, that Charlie sprite just inspired me to do a shadow theme!

Look forward to it!!
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#12  January 14, 2014, 06:07:17 pm
    • Canada
Thanks Wizzy! I'm glad I could inspire you, I'm looking forward to it! :)
#13  January 16, 2014, 07:31:25 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Great Works man!!!! Keep it up.
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#14  January 18, 2014, 08:22:42 pm
    • Canada
Thanks dude!
#15  January 18, 2014, 08:34:09 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
heya shock, you might want to check some of the later freeza videos, your voice has already been put in place ( although no winpose has been done )yet
#16  January 18, 2014, 08:36:40 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
Cool stuff here man :)
#17  January 18, 2014, 10:04:56 pm
    • Canada
#18  November 10, 2014, 09:11:48 am
    • Canada
Hey guys, still alive. I've just been trying to sort stuff out professionally and personally.  Been keeping busy, though some stuff isn't ready to show yet.

Tracking Mr.Q Poster (Rough)

I've been trying to get this together for a few years, but I'm building to a series starring everyone's favorite trenchcoat wearing phenom. I'll post more in the near future.

Double Trouble!

After the dust settled on the whole Decapre mess, I decided to make another one of my newspaper pics starring her. I wasn't happy she was the 5th character, but I still do think she has quite a bit of story potential. Also, her revamped design (notably the dagger-claws) are pretty cool.

The WizzyWhipItWonderful Experience!

Earlier this year, Wizzy and I teamed up to make a promo video and here's the result! I'm pretty happy with it! :)

Venom Trailer - Ghosts of the Past

With all the madness over at Sony over who's getting a film in Spidey's universe, I felt inspired to dust off the cobwebs and make a video again (it had been months since I did anything, and even longer since I made a fake trailer).

Venom Trailer - I Know You

A more focused trailer. I had a vision in my head for what I wanted, but I had to get creative with limited footage possibilities. Sometimes I want to learn 3d so that I can fill in things and unshackle my imagination hah.

Alien Soldier Remix!

Out of all my recent projects, this is my favorite. I loved this game as a kid and just one day decided to put my spin on things, so I found a more sensible translation of the intro, remade the title scrawl, inserted a bunch of showcases and "Greatest hits" style gameplay highlights.

Keep a lookout for more stuff. I've been feeling inspired lately! Heh.

Until next time guys!
#19  November 10, 2014, 03:03:12 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
nice to see you back really love your work
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#20  November 10, 2014, 11:56:31 pm
    • Canada
Thanks man! :)
#21  June 23, 2016, 02:53:48 am
    • Canada
Hey guys, phew, it's been a long time since I regularly visited the forums and it's been even longer since I've sprited. I've done some work but forgot to post it here. I hope you guys enjoy!

Subway Strikers - Q vs Crimson Viper

I'm a Q fanatic and just wanted to make a scene with two characters I thought would be a nice match up, Q and Crimson Viper. (Apparently I'm not alone in thinking this since SF5 confirmed she's officially tracking him) Did this last year using @FeLo_Llop 's Viper sprites (I hope you don't mind dude!)

https://vine.co/v/erdtvOKUJQP

(Not sure if we can embed Vine vids on this forum)

Street Fighter: Moving Forward -Invincible Eagle

I wanted to make a series of pics where I update the status of old street fighters and create a few new ones. I've long loved Skullomania, but with the Arika rights issue Capcom will never use him again. So I thought up "Why not make a spiritual successor to fill that Tokusatsu void?"

I decided to make a martial artist who, after a career sidelining injury, became an extra and then became the star of a Toku show.

Click the hyperlink for a bit more info on the character.

Shadaloo - Element 3d Teaser Test

Using Andrew Kramer's E3d plugin I was able to create the Shadaloo logo and wanted to make a fake teaser. I love doing anything Bison or Shadaloo related heh.

Revolver 8

This is another plugin test. For several years I've had the concept of Revolver 8 in my head. At first I thought it just sounded like a cool title, then I began to build it a bit more and arrived at the idea of an immortal cowboy that's been dispatching justice for nearly a century. Basically another teaser for a concept that's floating around in my head.

Warrior's Fate - Man of Mystery

This was borne from the Shoryuken .com forums. Several of us love to get together and discuss canon and lore. Recently a few members decided to start tackling canon from the very bottom and other users have been digging into the All About Capcom and other Japanese materials, providing scans and translations and some conventional things have been turned on their heads. A few members are compiling things still (And will be doing so long after SF5's storymode launches), but there was a discussion on a good way to present the content. I wanted to show that video could be a fun way to share what we know and if we so wish we could also offer analysis and speculation in some of the vids.

As I mentioned before, I love Q, so wanted to use him as an easy pilot/proof of concept for this idea. There's only a few canon details about him, but loads of room for speculation.

Phew, this post is getting long. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy the new stuff, I hope to get back into the swing of things soon so keep an eye on this space!
#22  June 23, 2016, 03:39:05 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Holy shit, you have a wonderful voice.

I really hope you do more of those SF videos, I enjoyed your analysis (and voice). :)
This is a generic forum signature.
#23  June 25, 2016, 08:27:56 pm
    • Canada
Thanks man! I really do hope to do more of those too! :)
#24  August 02, 2017, 01:36:58 am
    • Canada
Been a looooong time since I've been here regularly. I hope to get back into spriting and more.  I've still been working on vids and hope to complete some releases of a few things that've long been cooking for a while!

MSH 2 Fakeshot

Made this a few years ago, but somehow I forgot to post it here. Just an alternate of "the Night of 1000 Bubs" piece. I actually did this first. I wanted to test out a Squirrel Girl design and also I updated the colours for ShockDingo.  I may get back to making him for MUGEN, but that plan's been on hold for years since I have more commitments.

Code Red

Another piece I forgot to post from several years back. I wanted to do Rulk with a non-MvC Hulk base. I'm okay with it, but I don't like how the face and abs turned out.  I still need to practice anatomy hah.

Maverick Intros the ShockDingo Way (MM X5 - X6)

I've always had a fondness for the Maverick Intros and wanted to make my own. I previously did a few with the X4 style, but decided to try X5-X6.  Huge thanks to Sei for the Anti-Venom and ShockDingo portraits. I got these from her a while back, stunning work.

Shocking Showcases: Fan made Venom title sequence

I got inspired by the beautiful work of Shadow Rabbit Designs and with the swirling Venom Movie news, I decided to try my take on a title sequence.

Concept Corner -Captain Commando II - Gears of Yokai
Oh maaaaan, did this one take a while to do. I'm really proud of this one and can't believe how well it  turned out.  I'm still learning how to choreograph, so this was a bit tough and added to the huge delays on release.  I've always loved Captain Commando and desperately want a sequel. I made this as my concept of a modern, retro-inspired sequel. 

"The brief moments of peace brought forth by Scumocide's Death have been shattered! The mysterious new enemy, The Gear of Yokai, is turning legions of people into monsters to add to his army! Worse yet, a seemingly unrelated surge of crime wishes to swallow up the globe! Can the Commando Team rise to the challenge? What mysteries and mayhem await?!  Find out now Commando-faithful!"

Vine Collection

Just an assortment of goofy, random dubs I did before Vine imploded.  Viper sprites are from

Spider-Man: Title Card + Web Transitions test

Title cards and commercial bumpers. If there's an aspect of cartoons that I miss more, it would be those. I love them and any chance to make them, I jump at it! I feel they're a lovely aesthetic boost. This was just me testing out an idea for a Spider-man show (something set after Amazing Friends, but before the 90s series).

Quick Mix: The Misadventures of Brock n' Pete!

I wanted to do a quick video and dub test and since I've been on a Eddie Brock high, this was the result.

Dingo Scraps 5.5: The Tale of Metro City

My latest work! With all the rumours of Abigail floating around before his release, I got inspired to do a quick dub. I always liked the visuals of Final Fight CD, but reaaaaaaaaaaally didn't think the voices fit. I decided to also attempt a Barbados accent for Mr. Damnd (I thought it added a bit of texture)

I've been working on Dingo Scraps 6 for...an embarrassingly long time. It's a combo of a lack of inspiration, getting ideas for quicker projects, the new job I got a few years ago and total intimidation due to choreography that has delayed it, but I really wanna get it done this year and continue with other projects.

Thanks for taking the time to give these a look! I'll see you all around!
Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 01:52:11 am by Shockdingo
#25  August 02, 2017, 01:40:43 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
These Maverick intros looks awesome! I only missed the announcer screaming their names [But it's a minus thing since I've played a lot the japanese versions of Rockman X5 and X6 XD ]
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#26  August 05, 2017, 09:30:14 pm
    • Canada
These Maverick intros looks awesome! I only missed the announcer screaming their names [But it's a minus thing since I've played a lot the japanese versions of Rockman X5 and X6 XD ]

Thanks, much appreciated!
#27  June 05, 2018, 05:43:41 pm
    • Canada
Yikes, been along time, hasn't it?  I'm still stretching myself thin over a whole bunch of things working on a whole bunch of things, but recently, I did get a chance to wrap some stuff up.  More's in the wings as per usual her.

Shadaloo C.R.I. Report: Project Falke

This was a quick video that took me a few days to craft.  I'm a HUGE lore addict when it comes to Street Fighter, I spent a ton of time on the lore threads on SRK . com, so I couldn't pass up a chance to do something when the Capcom twitter account started posting reports for Falke and her development in the Shadaloo labs.  This was relatively small, but I had some ideas to push and still had fun putting this together.  It was actually a mini break from the larger project I was working on the time:

G & Q: The Golden Question:

This was one of the biggest things in my recent history that I worked on. The ideas and thesis took a bit to link together and then I had to make a somewhat punchy script. Then came all the recording, cleaning, organizing, arrangement and search for resources, then the little 3d intro took quite a while, but I'm very happy with the final product. It was incredibly demanding, but I had a blast.

This all stemmed from my obsession with SF3's Q and all that mystery that follows him.  From the first shot of G, in the Arcade Edition trailer, I thought he was pretty cool and wanted to learn more about him, I dug his design and his possible status as the new villain. A bit back, a picture leaked of the season 3 story costumes and G's looked uncannily like Q's, so then TONS of speculation started and people felt that Q's mystery was wrapped up.

I made this video to present my theory that G and Q may still be different people and this may infact be building up Q's lore and setting things up for a new post-Shadaloo organization.  Check it out and let me know what you think! Spread the word if you'd be so kind!

Thanks for stopping by, gotta get back to work and gotta get more things released!
#28  June 05, 2018, 06:12:03 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
This is all amazing!
#29  February 04, 2019, 10:49:26 pm
    • Canada
This is all amazing!

Thanks!

Happy New Year guys, I haven't got much to post this time around, but lately I've been doing more voice work, you can currently hear me in the new indie game Wargroove as King Mercival!

I'm also sloooowly learning 3d modeling and I'm always obsessed with Captain Commando, so I combined the two for my first, very simple render. I hope to post more here soon.

The Shades Make the Man (Captain Commando)

Also, I wanted to spread the word, but in between wrapping up a few things, I'm opening up short voice commissions on the site Ko-Fi.  I'm starting to save up because I'm starting up a project soon and I'm hoping to commission some spriters and others to help with the production.

For more info, (please read if you're going to commission me) please check out
My Ko-Fi link here.

Basically if you want some short audio like a sentence or two to practice 2d/3d animation lip syncing, have subscriber notifications for your Twitch streams, ringtones, etc, then I can help you out.

I hope it's okay to advertise this, take care and all the best guys!  I've got some fun things in store, I hope I can share them soon!

Cheers!
#30  November 04, 2019, 08:24:45 pm
    • Canada
Hey guys, it's been a while, but I return with a brand new video! It's a followup to last year's G & Q: The Golden Question.  Last time I analysed the newest Street Fighter before his release.  This video delves into what we've since learned and other fun bits!  Check it out and enjoy! I proudly present to you, G & Q: Fool's Gold!

#31  March 09, 2020, 09:13:47 pm
    • Canada
How's it going everyone?  I wanted to share my latest release with you guys, it's kind of special to me.  It's one part music video, one part promo.  I've spent years building towards a sprite series and now I'm steadily heading towards pre-production. I proudly present to you "Tracking Mr.Q - The Wanderer"!

#32  March 20, 2020, 06:24:46 pm
    • Canada
Note even I am immune to the thrall of memes!  A couple voice actors on Twitter were having fun with the resurrected meme, so I followed suit. Enjoy my twist on things!

#33  March 20, 2020, 06:32:35 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I laughed at this harder than I should have. Really good voice acting there, especially Gill.
This is a generic forum signature.
#34  March 20, 2020, 07:06:14 pm
    • Canada
Hah, thanks man! I really had fun with this!
#35  January 13, 2021, 08:59:47 am
    • Canada
Happy New Year guys! I hope all is well! Here's a few releases I've put on youtube!

A couple voice actors on Twitter were doing the 6 character challenge, but with voices, here's a few I did.

I was having fun with Ono's tweet before his departure, I thought this was another hint, so I found a way to have fun with that as well as poking fun with the way I'm always making theories and speculating of G & Q.

Newgrounds was celebrating an anniversary and due to NeoGeo playing a part in inspiring it's creation, Tom Fulp made a Neo Geo jam. I didn't win, but here's the ridiculous and timely entry I put together, here's the YT mirror.

My latest release!  I love Captain Commando and am often looking for a chance to showcase my fanboyism. Here's a short, action-packed tribute to the Commando Team!

Cheers everyone!
#36  July 18, 2022, 10:45:08 pm
    • Canada
Hark! I still live! Here's two new works I've released lately:

When the Free MvC2 movement started, I made a little video for it and did a little tribute to Norm Spencer, Cyclops' voice actor from the 90s animated series and Capcom games.

This next one is a big one, it took me over a year, so I hope it turned out good! When I was waiting for more info on the 5th Street Fighter V season, a user asked me about the SF3 cast. I was inspired to do a retrospective look at them as the timeline of SF was nearing SF3's continuity. I eventually crafted a video that looks at the entire cast, including some obscure info and I also look over the fallout from Rose's story mode, concerning G's revelation.  There's a lot here, so don't worry if you can't complete it in one sitting, I've made some handy chapters for you to keep track of progress! Enjoy!

Cheers everyone!