YesNoOk

Ikemen GO (Read 1251795 times)

Started by K4thos, May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO
#1981  June 05, 2022, 04:16:30 pm
    • Brazil
Good morning everyone.

I followed all the steps and could not correctly install the rank external module. I've known mugen for 10 years and Ikemen for around 5 years. It can be assumed that I placed the sff, snd and zss files in the corresponding locations (in addition to adding the rank code of system.def). However, I got no result. It would be interesting, if possible, to elaborate a written or video tutorial showing the step by step.

Another suggestion is to make rank an enabled and disabled option in options like dizzy. I think it would be much better than an external module.

Greetings.
#1982  June 08, 2022, 07:48:36 am
Hey man I got a problem with something, I have a character called "SFV Alpha Ken"
I added him in the same slot as my main Ken when I try him it says this:
https://imgur.com/a/oygtdY8
I want to use him that badly but it keeps on saying that he has no shadow.

There is a error in the CNS file at line 5130.
It would be posible for you to post the file?

Hey, been trying to get Ikemen working on Mac and I'm now on the verge of throwing the Mac out the window cos I have no idea what I'm doing. I can't get it working at all. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

What part of the setup you are stuck at?

Hey man I'm sorry that I didn't sorry respond since I didn't know you answered (I don't mostly go to MUGEN Guild very often because of Busy things.)
I've also deleted the character from my roster which I moved on to a new one.
#1983  June 24, 2022, 11:57:09 pm
    • Spain
    • cidiego@gmail.com
Hi. What are the chances or seeing IKEMEN on Android?
Thanks for all your work!
Thank you all for sharing!
#1984  July 03, 2022, 06:26:14 pm
  • "Some People Are Born To Be Extraordinary"
    • Italy
    • fab.marchetti86@gmail.com
I read on previous messages that developer was adding Android dipendencies, an update about it surely could be great!
#1985  July 06, 2022, 10:15:20 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
So... I tried Ikemen GO on Linux, as in the native Linux executable, and all audio is pitched down. Any reason as to why that might be?
#1986  July 06, 2022, 10:39:51 pm
  • Why,
So... I tried Ikemen GO on Linux, as in the native Linux executable, and all audio is pitched down. Any reason as to why that might be?

Oh? Also it? Idk... I try self get my midis wich work mugen and Ikemen go there just at silence, then these strange named ones.. a nd?? Strange...
Is that BUG?
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#1987  July 18, 2022, 03:01:28 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia

Oh? Also it? Idk... I try self get my midis wich work mugen and Ikemen go there just at silence, then these strange named ones.. a nd?? Strange...
Is that BUG?

Currently there is no MIDI support.

Well... that's weird.

Can you give more info about your OS? (Linux distribution and version)
Also if posible a video showcasing the bug. (Optional)
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
#1988  July 18, 2022, 05:49:58 am
    • Argentina
I have debuted in Ikemen today and I must say that I fell in love with all its possibilities and features. In fact I would move my entire project to it if it wasn't that it doesn't support Midi. Yes I know it's retro to use Midi for Mugen at this time but it gives it the retro look I love so much and allows me to ensure that OSTs from different origins can sound like they all belong to the same game. If it's not too much to ask, I'd love it if you could make it compatible in a future release.
Help me i can't change profile picture!!!! D:
#1989  July 18, 2022, 11:37:36 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Well... that's weird.

Can you give more info about your OS? (Linux distribution and version)
Also if posible a video showcasing the bug. (Optional)
Uh sure, I can't really get a video right now (Linux isn't my main OS) but it happened on both Ubuntu and Pop OS. I'm on Nobara Project right now (essentially just Fedora) so idk if that's still the case. I'll see if I can capture a video soon and either edit this post with the link or send you a PM.
#1990  August 20, 2022, 03:58:59 am
Hello Gacel!

I really wish there was a section explaining how to add cutscenes for IKEMEN, for example when i''ve won the third character a cutscene will appear and before the boss another cutscene must appear.

And I would like to know how I can change
a score result to numbers instead of color bars to show on lifebar after the round have been finished as below please:

SCORE RESULT ( I WOULD LIKE THAT BELOW)

LIFE: 1500
TIME: 1845
SCORE: 245802
RANK B
Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 04:02:10 am by Mazemerald.
#1991  August 21, 2022, 07:04:21 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Oh. Sorry for not seeing this before. I have been stick these days and had not much enthusiasm to do anything.
Usually for asking help I recommend you to use Discord.
(You can use it in the web browser version, the link is the the first post of the topic)

So for that you could use the custom arcade route feature.
https://github.com/ikemen-engine/Ikemen-GO/wiki/Miscellaneous-info#arcade-paths--story-mode

If you have any questions about lua I will gladly ask.
#1992  August 29, 2022, 03:00:58 am

Is it true that IKEMEN engine damages the PC RAM (Random Access Memory)?

Why did people say that?
#1993  August 29, 2022, 02:40:07 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
It doesn't damage RAM, but it does have a memory leak that the devs are trying to fix.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#1994  August 30, 2022, 06:29:08 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
So I tried Ikemen GO for the first time on Linux Mint and tried to convert my current Legacy screenpack by Noz everything works fine except one or two things. When I go to watch mode I noticed that when I try to select Single, Smil, or turns the selection doesn't blink/flicker when I select the selected mode when compared to Mugen 1.1b. Second would be that after a character wins there Win screen doesn't show up it just automatically returns to the character select screen. Finally I use an Xbox One controller and it doesn't work when I try to map it in game on Linux but if I use the windows version of Ikemen go through the Wine application the Xbox Controller works analog and everything with it.
#1995  September 14, 2022, 02:56:40 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Is it true that IKEMEN engine damages the PC RAM (Random Access Memory)?
Why did people say that?

The people said the engine has a memory leak on SSFv2.
A memory leak means that resource are not freed as planned so the engine uses more ram than expected when loading a SSFv2 char.
This does not affect other part of the OS. And when the engine is closed the OS frees all memory used by the program.

So I tried Ikemen GO for the first time on Linux Mint and tried to convert my current Legacy screenpack by Noz everything works fine except one or two things. When I go to watch mode I noticed that when I try to select Single, Smil, or turns the selection doesn't blink/flicker when I select the selected mode when compared to Mugen 1.1b. Second would be that after a character wins there Win screen doesn't show up it just automatically returns to the character select screen. Finally I use an Xbox One controller and it doesn't work when I try to map it in game on Linux but if I use the windows version of Ikemen go through the Wine application the Xbox Controller works analog and everything with it.
I see.
Did you do any modifications to the screenpack?
And if so it would be posible to upload it? (You can send it via PM if you want to keep it private)
#1996  September 14, 2022, 03:00:25 am
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
@Gacel just wanted to confirm if you received my DM the other day.
Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 08:56:15 pm by Shadic12
#1997  September 29, 2022, 11:16:01 pm
It would be wonderful if IKEMEN GO already had these functions or some of them that are more plausible, I'm a very hardworking creator and I research a lot even though I still don't know how to use LUA, and I always write down the functions that don't exist to suggest them.

1 - Color palette select and alt mode select on select screen
2 - TAG Mode with move assist and hyper assist linked with chain combo
3 - Stage select separated to select screen if you wish like that.
4 - character voice on versus screen and winner screen
5 - score result on winner screen
6 - score result on lifebar like that : Score: 00/ time: 00 / life:00/ vital 00 not only color bars.

With that the engine becomes perfect for me because it will only depend on the author's creativity.
Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 05:35:44 am by Mazemerald.
#1998  September 30, 2022, 05:42:54 am
Thanks Gacel, i've learned how to put cutscenes, it has been a dream.

now i need to learn how to change the score result on lifebar

from color bars to that:

Score: 12080
life : 5200
time: 450
combo: 8

Add the option to put a voice for the characters on winner screen please and a sound provoking on versus screen too.
#1999  October 07, 2022, 09:41:58 am
Gacel, Do you know to say if in the futur we'll have a tag system with move assist and hyper move assist?

I would really like to have this possibility and not just switch between the characters.

Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 10:27:36 am by Mazemerald.
#2000  October 09, 2022, 09:01:49 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
It's somewat a very small suggestion but since Fadein and Fadeout.Anims are possible in screenpacks, I suggest to enable this function in lifebars as well to work in-game.

This would lead to build even better screenpacks with custom transition animations, specially the ones inspired on CVS Pro, CVS2, MvC2 and even original based ones[Rising even more the quality of accurate screenpacks from source games].

Also, to enable a way to make these fadeouts and fadeins to be possible to enable depending of the round

Like, from first round the animation won't appear from the start but at the end of round 1(Going from the possibility that the end of the Versus Screen doesn't end with a animation of a "door closing"), and then proceeds to appear from start of the round 2 and  further "fadein1.anim = -1 / fadeout1.anim = your begin animation there / fadein2.anim = begin animation / fadeout2.anim = begin animation"

Also, another small idea, some way to built or create custom extra modes like a "Illustration/Art Gallery Modes" like Street Fighter Zero 2 Dash that you load some illustrations from other artists to be viewed with a soundtrack
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome