YesNoOk

A Most Belated, But No Less Arbitrary MUGEN AI Tournament? (Read 92673 times)

Started by SerbianYugoThief, October 06, 2020, 09:38:22 pm
Share this topic:
Re: A Most Belated, But No Less Arbitrary MUGEN AI Tournament?
#21  October 19, 2020, 10:59:41 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 11:42:04 pm by Vocalnoid
#22  October 19, 2020, 11:06:29 pm
  • Self Taught Big Man
  • kanye west 2
    • USA
yall bes be movin along now
#23  October 19, 2020, 11:48:48 pm
  • Palette Maker + 1.1 Stage Conversion Maestro
    • USA
    • xtremeregime.weebly.com
#24  October 22, 2020, 12:29:08 am
  • Absolutely Disgusting
  • ?????
    • USA
>Inb4 goodman upset part 2

TEAM NAME: BIG CHUNGUS

It's funny, I went into testing this team fully expecting to veto GL right off the bat, but I honestly think he's kosher (unless his AI just has yet to wake up, though I've put him through more fights than usual just to be certain and nothing's really changed about his behavior). I'm gonna have to say no to Zodd and Vebel, though, on the premise that they deal way too much damage (and Zodd is rather tanky on top of that). I think I'll give Hauzer a tentative pass; that armor super is concerning, but it didn't seem to be especially difficult for anyone I tested him with to deal with.
#25  October 22, 2020, 02:32:14 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Guess I might as well throw in my two cents for this

Team reject modernity, embrace apt questionable traditionalism
1. Thud by NRF
2. Evil Dan by ilcane87
3. Evil Talon/Satinsect by Exclamation_Question, AI by guykazama
4. Geese by Tora
http://www.mediafire.com/file/6wb68ml4aq33hw7/a_rar_file.rar/file

also luise has life = 3100 and the mask destroy kenshiro_31, God rugal with yuki's AI patch at max settings, and compete with Donald desu's Ronald McDonald on standard settings.
Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 03:26:47 am by Amidweiz
#26  October 24, 2020, 02:48:59 am
  • Self Taught Big Man
  • kanye west 2
    • USA
I'm gonna have to say no to Zodd and Vebel, though, on the premise that they deal way too much damage (and Zodd is rather tanky on top of that).

I'm glad you enjoyed Gold Lightan lmao, googoo is a gift that keeps on giving

I hope these make suitable replacements, its getting increasingly difficult to find big replacements for the big team.

https://mega.nz/file/rZpQmKAB#A7YO9hlS9Vho7-_OYS4hJw9Al_93YVQ6KhdbjJa9dUg

IIRC this baby vegeta has a 12p so just don't pick that and it'll be fine
#27  October 25, 2020, 02:51:26 pm
  • Amateur Writer
  • Basically, I do palettes.
    • USA
#28  October 27, 2020, 12:27:23 am
  • Absolutely Disgusting
  • ?????
    • USA
I do feel bad doing this to ya again, but I don't think I can pass anyone on this team (I recall banning Evil Dan last time around, though I believe he was on someone else's team? I gave him another spin for consistency, but ultimately decided he was too much).

I hope these make suitable replacements, its getting increasingly difficult to find big replacements for the big team.

Oh, my apologies. By "pass", I meant "accepted"; which two of the three characters in the folder did you want to use as replacements?

I will replace Akuma Good Ghost with Vega by Soy Sauce:
Replacement accepted. My sincerest apologies, however; it's ultimately my fault for my unclear wording and I thought I'd clarified this previously, but apparently didn't, but I gotta say no to Rashou Mon.
#29  October 27, 2020, 02:32:20 am
    • USA
It's funny, I went into testing this team fully expecting to veto GL right off the bat, but I honestly think he's kosher (unless his AI just has yet to wake up, though I've put him through more fights than usual just to be certain and nothing's really changed about his behavior).

Gold Lightan doesn't have proper/custom AI though. None of Googoo's creations do out of the box.

EDIT:

Anyway here's my team:

Kohaku's team of Robotic Lens (am I getting my Type-Moon right?)

Robo-Len by Ukege with AI from Ouchi(?)
Oboren  from ikiki with AI from Holn (sorry, want a team of pure robot-based Lens here)
Geslenst from feizy, with AI from >天<
Astranalent by Kn with AI from ちぃたま氏

The download link for this team is here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/hmba7k8zo63wd60/len_ai_auto.zip/file

Note: the AI settings use the defaults only aside from minor mods to turn on Auto AI (Shouldn't have to wait for command / AI.cheat shenanigans to turn on AI)
Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 05:10:45 am by Onisatomimi No Miko
#30  October 27, 2020, 03:20:06 pm
  • Amateur Writer
  • Basically, I do palettes.
    • USA
#31  October 27, 2020, 09:25:41 pm
  • Self Taught Big Man
  • kanye west 2
    • USA
Oh, my apologies. By "pass", I meant "accepted"; which two of the three characters in the folder did you want to use as replacements?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I just now realized I accidentally packed bonuskun in there! Yeah, use Baby Vegeta and Fernandeath to replace Vebel and Zodd, that's my fault  --;

#32  October 27, 2020, 09:38:26 pm
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
I do feel bad doing this to ya again, but I don't think I can pass anyone on this team (I recall banning Evil Dan last time around, though I believe he was on someone else's team? I gave him another spin for consistency, but ultimately decided he was too much).

Last time you gave me an reason why though... a vague answer of being more oppressive than the rest of the teams which I saw that but an answer nevertheless, all I'm getting here is evil dan bad. That doesn't really help me out with selecting replacements since there isn't really a baseline upon what is cheap, hence why I had that all those bullet points on my tournament upon what your character plus AI shouldn't do.
#33  October 27, 2020, 11:21:26 pm
  • Absolutely Disgusting
  • ?????
    • USA
Last time you gave me an reason why though... a vague answer of being more oppressive than the rest of the teams which I saw that but an answer nevertheless, all I'm getting here is evil dan bad. That doesn't really help me out with selecting replacements since there isn't really a baseline upon what is cheap, hence why I had that all those bullet points on my tournament upon what your character plus AI shouldn't do.

You're totally right, I'm sorry. The damage outputs are generally my concern here. Thud's single hits are both fast and pack a punch, leading to a lot of one-sided fights. Dan kinda toes the line, but I feel he's particularly evasive and his clone move opens up for some nasty shenanigans. Satinsect is in a similar boat as Thud, with the reach of his attacks being the secondary concern. And Geese was just too powerful, pulling off half-health combos with relative ease and then adding on even more damage with aerial double reppukens that hit while the opponent is still on the ground.

EDIT: I will say, though, if it feels as though I'm being too strict (or outright inconsistent) on what's allowed, I'm open to discussion (don't want to promise anything, but I'm honestly leaning toward repealing my veto of Thud, who I think I may be overestimating). Though I am the one hosting, I don't do these exclusively for myself, and as such I'm fine with community input given that I'm turning to the community to set these up anyway.
Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 11:57:16 pm by SerbianYugoThief
#34  October 28, 2020, 06:43:17 pm
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org

You're totally right, I'm sorry. The damage outputs are generally my concern here. Thud's single hits are both fast and pack a punch, leading to a lot of one-sided fights. Dan kinda toes the line, but I feel he's particularly evasive and his clone move opens up for some nasty shenanigans. Satinsect is in a similar boat as Thud, with the reach of his attacks being the secondary concern. And Geese was just too powerful, pulling off half-health combos with relative ease and then adding on even more damage with aerial double reppukens that hit while the opponent is still on the ground.

EDIT: I will say, though, if it feels as though I'm being too strict (or outright inconsistent) on what's allowed, I'm open to discussion (don't want to promise anything, but I'm honestly leaning toward repealing my veto of Thud, who I think I may be overestimating). Though I am the one hosting, I don't do these exclusively for myself, and as such I'm fine with community input given that I'm turning to the community to set these up anyway.

Thud is quite very much a product of the game he comes from with good normals and high damage. I could also argue that harry ness has similar damage output to thud in area but oh well. I mainly picked evil dan because of his shura warp into koryuken super (which is something a human can do with evil dan) being really good but his balanced-to-2004-reubenkee-characters does show. Satinsect/Evil Talon was top tier in his game for having normals that extend across the screen and most mugen AI's don't expect that for the most part and I very much picked him because of that meme. I did put geese as my anchor because he is pretty good, though I do question if the combos the AI does, you can do in source or if it's just mugen AI being dishonest. I do remember that you can otg shippukens in RBS but it does get really good damage. The only thing about tora/abuhaci's RB characters is if the B level (the limited mechanic of going through stuff by what looks like a graze of sorts which the AI does) is an mechanic that was in source.

Personally I would say more inconsistency than lack of strictness since they're are some characters as I mentioned above that have some questionable stuff about them

also luise has life = 3100 and the mask destroy kenshiro_31, God rugal with yuki's AI patch at max settings, and compete with Donald desu's Ronald McDonald on standard settings.

but I'm also assuming that teams you didn't respond to got the greenlight by default. I could also argue that even a relatively normal character like Issac by omsby with the fact he spams projectiles that make AI's block a ton freezing them in place for most of the match.  I do admit this does bring up the debate upon looking at and testing opponents teams very much to see how it performs, very much the mugen equivalent to card reading for blackjack. This is just something I tend to do, not that there isn't counters to this (submitting via PM or offsite though I've had bad results with the ladder *cough*GravesDisease*cough*) and also I don't know if another team could destroy mine that I didn't look at.

I feel like I'm rambling on here so I'll come up with a replacement.
#35  October 28, 2020, 08:31:49 pm
  • Absolutely Disgusting
  • ?????
    • USA
I feel like I'm rambling on here so I'll come up with a replacement.

Honestly? I do appreciate the input. Having an external perspective helps a lot. And I completely missed the last two teams on the first page, wow. I think I'll let Thud through if you'd still like to include him.
Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 08:40:43 pm by SerbianYugoThief
#36  October 28, 2020, 11:20:01 pm
  • Absolutely Disgusting
  • ?????
    • USA
Extremely sorry for the late replies to the first two teams here; my empty head was literally too focused on the fact that there was a second page for me to double-check the first.

Team Name: Team Cringe

I'll have to say no to Daga-Ru and The Mask, with the former boasting an insta kill and some borderline infinite shenanigans and the latter having some extremely oppressive AI.

TEAMNAME: Morning Glory

Everyone checks out here except Luise, due to her crazy high stats.

Kohaku's team of Robotic Lens (am I getting my Type-Moon right?)

I think I have to veto Robo Len on account of her overall power, and Oboren keeps bugging out of the stage (on top of already being quite spammy), so I can't let them through either. The latter half of the team seems fine, though.
#37  October 28, 2020, 11:37:30 pm
  • a.k.a DuckSS
    • https://synckmugencentral667.000webhostapp.com/
Extremely sorry for the late replies to the first two teams here; my empty head was literally too focused on the fact that there was a second page for me to double-check the first.

Team Name: Team Cringe

I'll have to say no to Daga-Ru and The Mask, with the former boasting an insta kill and some borderline infinite shenanigans and the latter having some extremely oppressive AI.

Okay then, replace those with Psykyopath Kyo by Dr.Kelexo and Dink Smallwood by The_None
https://mega.nz/file/jhwmQYaS#WMJzLqbWwwzqsY7istrupOV0_01xnidgBIYM8qKyIVg

#38  October 29, 2020, 07:03:16 pm
    • USA
I think I have to veto Robo Len on account of her overall power, and Oboren keeps bugging out of the stage (on top of already being quite spammy), so I can't let them through either. The latter half of the team seems fine, though.

Thanks for the output.

I'm replacing both Robo Len and Oboren with shibaduke's kaiju lens, Gamelen and Gyaoslen, both with AI by Tyanko, both moded to use Tyanko's max AI level (3 out of 3) and also AI automatically turns on like the other lens in my team.

My new team name is now Kohaku's Experimented Len Clones

New download for my team is below:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vvq154f0wozukym/kohakus_experimented_len_clones.zip/file
#39  October 30, 2020, 05:44:54 pm
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
    • remixsparta.wix.com/mugensdawn
#40  November 01, 2020, 02:50:10 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
I haven't heard any words about my team yet, but just to let you that Isaac is more of a HP keeper/berserker once his ultra burst activates, and he still keeps his attack buffs even after ultra burst is over, which feels pretty dang OP.

Want me to replace him with Mika Returna? (10th Palette) Unless everything is fine.

He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca