YesNoOk

Scizor [v1.25 - 01/25/2023] (Read 8410 times)

Started by N_N, November 15, 2022, 05:23:41 am
Share this topic:

N_N

Scizor [v1.25 - 01/25/2023]
#1  November 15, 2022, 05:23:41 am
  • ViktorVaughN_N
    • USA

It admittedly took me longer than it should have, but Scizor is finally complete! Using the sprites from Ghosteo and JozetPoet's past Scizors, I was able to make a Scizor of my own nearly entirely from scratch. I'm happy with how he came out honestly.
Scizor doesn't really play in any sort of predefined style, though it is worth noting that he has a dodge, a roll, a power charge, and some pretty good juggles. He's very much a melee-oriented character, with zero projectiles to be found. While Scizor can have a hard time dealing with more projectile-oriented characters, he still has a good set of tools.

Spoiler: Changelog (click to see content)

Get him HERE
Feedback appreciated!
Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 11:32:15 pm by N_N
Re: Scizor (complete!) [11/14/2022]
#2  November 15, 2022, 06:39:35 am
    • Brazil
I already have a bit of a nitpick, but its more of a personal opinion really: I think Polish Up is a very boring level 3 super. I'm not saying that it shouldn't be a level 3 super, I'm saying it just feels like something very boring to have, specially since you already have Swords Dance as a boosting move. I would have preferred a cool finisher, like his STAB z-moves (Savage Spin-Out or Corkscrew Crash) or his burst attack from Pokken Tournament (Iron Meteor Dive). Of course, thats just a personal preference. But overall, the char turned out really good.
Re: Scizor (complete!) [11/14/2022]
#3  November 16, 2022, 03:45:53 pm
    • Colombia
    • arfercon@gmail.com
you can do some basic shadows in the sprites? other than that it looks very good. thanks

N_N

Re: Scizor (complete!) [v1.1 - 11/23/2022]
#4  December 01, 2022, 07:11:49 pm
  • ViktorVaughN_N
    • USA
you can do some basic shadows in the sprites? other than that it looks very good. thanks
I don't plan on adding any shading at the moment because I would basically have to redo the entire .sff. That and I'm just not very good at that sort of thing. Maybe in the future I'll release a patch, I dunno.

I already have a bit of a nitpick, but its more of a personal opinion really: I think Polish Up is a very boring level 3 super. I'm not saying that it shouldn't be a level 3 super, I'm saying it just feels like something very boring to have, specially since you already have Swords Dance as a boosting move. I would have preferred a cool finisher, like his STAB z-moves (Savage Spin-Out or Corkscrew Crash) or his burst attack from Pokken Tournament (Iron Meteor Dive). Of course, thats just a personal preference. But overall, the char turned out really good.
Yeah it's definitely a little underwhelming compared to his other hypers lol. I thought about it a bit and I agreed that he should get a new level 3. Thank you by the way!
----
Scizor has been updated! I was originally going to post this a lot sooner but then the forums went down for like a week. Funny how that happens.
Anyway, I added a new level 3 (which should hopefully be more exciting compared to the other one) and adjusted a couple of minor things here and there. Complete changelog below:
Spoiler: Changelog (click to see content)
Link in the OP

N_N

Re: Scizor [v1.2 - 01/04/2023]
#5  January 04, 2023, 09:08:26 am
  • ViktorVaughN_N
    • USA
Scizor has gotten yet another update! This time around it's mainly a bunch of tweaks. He should generally feel smoother and better to play as than before. Still gotta work on that AI!
Spoiler: What's new? (click to see content)
Link in the OP!
Re: Scizor [v1.2 - 01/04/2023]
#6  January 08, 2023, 01:10:26 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
Scizor has gotten yet another update! This time around it's mainly a bunch of tweaks. He should generally feel smoother and better to play as than before. Still gotta work on that AI!
Link in the OP!

Very well done, third time I've downloaded ... I put my own little spin on his .snd file; with that said ... immensely enjoy this character!  Love the easter egg on his alternate palette!

N_N

Re: Scizor [v1.25 - 01/25/2023]
#7  January 25, 2023, 11:37:09 pm
  • ViktorVaughN_N
    • USA
Very well done, third time I've downloaded ... I put my own little spin on his .snd file; with that said ... immensely enjoy this character!  Love the easter egg on his alternate palette!
Glad to hear! I feel Scizor is definitely the best thing I've put out yet. Granted I haven't put out too much, but still.
----
Scizor's gotten another update! You can get it here, or if you already have v1.2 installed, you can get a patch that upgrades it to v1.25 here.
There aren't too many changes this time around, outside of me adding an AI. Still, I'll attach a changelog for those who want to read it.

As usual, feedback and suggestions are very welcome.
Re: Scizor [v1.25 - 01/25/2023]
#8  February 28, 2024, 06:43:21 pm
  • Gaming is so fun!
    • Poland
    • sites.google.com/view/dxgsmugensite/main-page

I know the previous post is over a year old now, but I wanna mention something:

- Night Slash crashes Mugen in simul mode if Scizor manages to touch two opponents at once (I use Mugen 1.0 btw and I found it when playing survival, and in simul mode, Scizor (as an opponent) touched me and my teammate with Night Slash and crashed Mugen).

But other than that, nice character! :) :goi:

Also known as "BartekZioomPro" (crappy name, I know).
Playin' Mugen since 2017, creating content since 2022.