YesNoOk

[WIP] Pink Ostrich from Battle Circuit (Read 4019 times)

Started by GrimeDoc, March 29, 2021, 12:06:47 am
Share this topic:
[WIP] Pink Ostrich from Battle Circuit
#1  March 29, 2021, 12:06:47 am
  • Retro Fan
    • UK
Hey everyone! Lately I've been working on this character and she's coming along nicely, so thought I'd at least make a thread on my progress. Video here:

Ever since I played Battle Circuit on MAME, I've been enamoured by how distinct each character is and how they play within the confines of a Beat' Em Up, and was surprised that couldn't find a single Ostrich had been made for MUGEN. So I decided to try it myself :)

Pink Ostrich revolves around her flight mechanic in BC, so I've decided to do the same in MUGEN. She is a 6-button character with several ways of transisting into flight, and has a plethora of moves whilst airborne to take advantage of. As such I've been toying around with all kinds of ideas to help balance her out. So if people have any questions or suggestions please share them, as I'm fully aware that I myself can overlook things at times.

There's been a decent amount of progress since this video btw, she currently has about 7 specials, 4 supers, an install super, all normals are coded and animated (some of it is a little primitive and I may update it), and some of the sounds and hitsparks from the original game have been added too. I plan on showing some of that off in the near future.

And for anyone wondering, yes, I am planning on looking at the other characters from Battle Circuit to possibly be future projects.

EDIT: 10/04/2021 - Thought I'd replace my comment from the 4th of April and leave it in the OP, as it'd be easier to see the progress video here :)

A somewhat brief video showing some more of P.Ostrich's offensive capabilities.

I'm very happy with how things are going so far. She's pretty complicated and in some ways quite hard to play, but her options really reward your creativity and execution, and I can find wild new setups everytime I hit the lab.
www.youtube.com/user/grimedoctor - Where you can go for MUGEN character guides and updates on my projects. Check it out!

https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/wip-pink-ostrich-battle-circuit-192814.0.html - Go here for my current project, Pink Ostrich from Battle Circuit
Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 08:38:01 pm by GrimeDoc
Re: [WIP] Pink Ostrich from Battle Circuit
#2  March 29, 2021, 02:29:40 am
More Battle Circuit the better.

I'm glad we can play said beat 'em up on Nintendo switch!

I'd love to play as one of the bosses, Johnny.
Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 02:53:13 am by karl_eichholtz_13
#3  March 29, 2021, 05:42:44 am
  • Wandering....
interesting choice of character.

nice concept
#4  March 31, 2021, 12:27:37 am
  • Retro Fan
    • UK
More Battle Circuit the better.

I'm glad we can play said beat 'em up on Nintendo switch!

I'd love to play as one of the bosses, Johnny.

Johnny's pretty cool, all the bosses are tbh. Doubt I'd be able to make him as a 6-button character though lol

interesting choice of character.

nice concept

The concept is kinda what suckered me in. Most of my projects weirdly end up becoming grapplers and I don't know why lol. But this idea seemed a bit more challenging, more enticing, and a very low chance of morphing into a throw based character (still ended up with a command grab though)
www.youtube.com/user/grimedoctor - Where you can go for MUGEN character guides and updates on my projects. Check it out!

https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/wip-pink-ostrich-battle-circuit-192814.0.html - Go here for my current project, Pink Ostrich from Battle Circuit
#5  April 02, 2021, 03:41:32 am
  • Wandering....
that air gliding tech is really interesting works well visually with the character
#6  April 04, 2021, 09:51:49 pm
  • Retro Fan
    • UK

#7  April 04, 2021, 11:50:25 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Seeing my Battle Circuit main getting this amount of love thrills me to bits. I love the work you've done on her so far. These are very good stuff you working on. I can't wait to have her on my MUGEN roster when she's complete. Thanks for bringing her to the MUGEN community. Continue the outstanding work.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#8  April 10, 2021, 08:40:49 pm
  • Retro Fan
    • UK
Seeing my Battle Circuit main getting this amount of love thrills me to bits. I love the work you've done on her so far. These are very good stuff you working on. I can't wait to have her on my MUGEN roster when she's complete. Thanks for bringing her to the MUGEN community. Continue the outstanding work.

Thanks for the kind words, genuinely thought no one would even remember this game, let alone care about my little project. Really helps to keep the motivation up :)