YesNoOk

Artmoney tables for Eye of Typhoon (PC) (Read 7471 times)

Started by N., March 17, 2017, 08:04:22 PM
Share this topic:

N.

Artmoney tables for Eye of Typhoon (PC)
New #1  March 17, 2017, 08:04:22 PM
https://www.sendspace.com/file/oinkq9

I don't know if this is the game's resolution.  Especially because whatever came bundled to run this game has 640x480 set as the resolution.

- There's 2 tables.  One for the game, and one for recoloring the stages.  The values in stage colors are for Powell's stage.  Go to his stage once you get the other table working, and search for them as a sequence of values at 8 bytes with a address multiplicity of 8.  Set them all to 00FF00FF00FF00FF.  It won't look like it at first, but it'll change all the colors on his stage on the fly.   These should affect other stages and as long as you don't cause the game to crash too many times, the table should still work the next time you run the game.

- Game Timer is what you'll use to get the offset.  If affects the round timer, continue timer, and character select timer.  These should still work the next time you run the game.

- Boss Values:
0C - Powell
0D - Mahesvara A
0E - Mahesvara B

- Shadow color should be frozen to FF00FF (or 3F003F, because the player colors use the color format Battletoads and Ninja Clowns use) before the match starts, but if you're not able to do that, then set the value during the match and cause it to end in a draw.  It'll change when the round restarts.

- The Player vs Player cheats will hide their portraits, text, timer, lifebars, and super scrolls (set the value to 0 for these).  Don't hit the player (unless you froze their health), activate one of the super scrolls or win the match.  I didn't bother finding anything to hide those (mostly because you can use p1? freeze to 0000 to cycle through all their sprites).  For some reason Natasha's portrait can't be hidden the same way the others can (rescale + another address near it).  Keep that in mind, should you decide to rip her sprites.

- p1? freeze to 0000 will force the player to cycle through all their sprites (this includes effects, but they'll have the character's colors) until you unfreeze it or the game crashes trying to access nonexistent frames.  You're probably gonna have to use this a few times to get sprites that're offscreen.  This is probably as easy as it'll get, because for the sprite modifier you have set it to specific values to see specific sprites, or risk the game crashing.

- Be careful when using stage y position, because it'll cause the game to crash if you set it too high.  TBH, you could probably use the Y position to get to the top of the stage (I think you set the 2nd one to 0000).

- 00E0 will put the players below the floor enough so you can't see them.  This can also mess up the game if you set it to the wrong value.

- Don't set mode select above 4.  Set it to 0 for Vs mode.

- For player color sets, BC will turn the character magenta (if you color modded the BG).
1 Last Updated: 5/21/18
2 Last Updated: 1/16/21
3 Last Updated: 05/26/17
4 Last Updated: 7/16/17
Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 05:44:17 AM by N.
Re: Artmoney tables for Eye of Typhoon (PC)
#2  March 17, 2017, 09:21:56 PM
  • (o.O)!
  • MadkaT Was Here
    • Guernsey
    • a@b.xxx
    • Skype - admin
    • network.mugenguild.com/madkat
Nice, I remember trying to rip this game some years ago, I hope this could get some love in MUGEN. Thanks!
<- Foros Mugen en espaƱol. And also English forums.
#3  March 17, 2017, 11:23:46 PM
  • ORA ORA!!!
Wow...Nice! I remember when you Madkat and the others help me to rip the sprites. I have some unfinished chars (Hoya, Roy, Nelson) at 90% progression.
Hey N., do you have some sprites of Powell?
Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 11:27:22 PM by Metal Warrior

N.

#4  March 18, 2017, 02:10:25 AM
I only ripped those to make that gif, but I just went back and used Animget to get these (I don't trust myself to make sprite packs though).  Colors to his effects need to be replaced with the correct ones, there's a lot of duplicate frames, and any thrown frames that aren't dupes will need to be repositioned.  There's also the possibility Animget didn't get all the sprites, but that probably isn't the case with this.

Let me know if they're usable, and we'll go from there.
#5  March 18, 2017, 05:09:26 AM
  • ORA ORA!!!
Super usable! This is exactly what i'm trying to do 7 years back to rip the sprites.
Thank you so much!

N.

#6  March 18, 2017, 06:22:56 AM
Glad to help.

Send me a PM if anything needs to be re-ripped.
#7  March 27, 2017, 09:38:07 PM
  • Angry Molesting Tree
  • Auf gehts ab gehts 3 Tage wach
    • Germany
    • cenobite53.mugengermany.com/
Awesome! Good to see that you also work on Dos Games!
Do you plan to work on other Dos games?
look at my sprite rips  HERE
look at my TMNT Project HERE
My Contribution to mugen: Stages: 897 | Chars: 8 | Fullgames: 1 | Spritesheets: 85

N.

#8  March 27, 2017, 11:10:03 PM
Is there any you want me to look at?