YesNoOk

Looking for Beta Testers (Read 8696 times)

Started by Алексей, August 04, 2014, 03:25:34 pm
Looking for Beta Testers
#1  August 04, 2014, 03:25:34 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Hey everyone,

As the name suggests, I'm looking for Beta/Alpha testers for NZCR. It's not done yet and I plan to release a playable beta to the public in the coming months, but I'm not perfect and can't see things that others might. It's been a one-man show from the beginning almost. You can only imagine how one could be clouded by his own ideas and monotony.

If you have any interest to be a beta tester for me, then please leave your comments or questions below. You may also PM me. I don't really mind which. I'm planning to manage the project in DropBox and share the folder with my testers. I think that's the most efficient means of constant distribution of changes.

Given, the project will be managed through DropBox, there's a progress.txt file there which contains a list of bugs and other information related to the game. All Beta Testers are required to add their findings to that file appropriately. There's a list of characters and a legend to follow. Since it's DropBox, the file will be pushed to everyone who's shared with the folder and has access. That way everyone can see the changes at once and receive the latest updates from me. Before DropBox, I was sending my tester the files physically for each update, which was kind of inefficient.

Thank you for your time.

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 11:21:45 pm by Алексей
Re: Looking for Beta Testers
#2  August 04, 2014, 03:30:01 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
I'm up for it :)
#3  August 04, 2014, 03:33:59 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Great!

More at everyone (and you Watta):
PM me your email, skype name, and a short summary of how you plan to contribute. What types of feedback you give. What you look for, etc. :)

I'm asking these things because I don't want this to be seen as an opportunity for early access to my game. In a way it is, but you'll be expected to be doing a job, to essentially harass me. XD

#4  August 04, 2014, 04:06:38 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
Sure bro :)
#5  August 04, 2014, 04:21:34 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Sure bro :)
Thanks!

I should mention that Skype is not a necessity. Communication via PM works well enough. :) I just prefer real-time communication. It's easier that way.

#6  August 04, 2014, 06:07:00 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
I would apply but I kind of alredy am :P. Ume should be responding I contacted him earlier before you made this thread.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#7  August 04, 2014, 06:08:57 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
I would apply but I kind of alredy am :P. Ume should be responding I contacted him earlier before you made this thread.

Yes, you are already, but I would like to see different points of views as well. Understandable, of course. :) That would be awesome. I know he gives really in-depth feedback.

#8  August 04, 2014, 06:10:32 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
yep I am not the greatest at indepth anything really unless its about Disgaea or Rpg's I can go on for days, but I digress I asked around for you last night when we talked about it and Ume was the only one to say he'd do it for sure.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#9  August 04, 2014, 06:19:34 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Sweet. Thanks for that.

#10  August 04, 2014, 06:32:45 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
I'm up for it.
I can test gameplay, comboability, AI, etc.

#11  August 04, 2014, 06:43:45 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Great! I'll add you and Watta later today. :)

#12  August 04, 2014, 07:12:50 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Given, the project will be managed through DropBox, there's a progress.txt file there which contains a list of bugs and other information related to the game. All Beta Testers are required to add their findings to that file appropriately.

been there, done that; make that one file for tester, otherwise there are gonna be conflicts with the versions; you cna still use the progress as a main/central resource but there should be only one person who edits it.
#13  August 04, 2014, 07:18:13 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Given, the project will be managed through DropBox, there's a progress.txt file there which contains a list of bugs and other information related to the game. All Beta Testers are required to add their findings to that file appropriately.

been there, done that; make that one file for tester, otherwise there are gonna be conflicts with the versions; you cna still use the progress as a main/central resource but there should be only one person who edits it.

Ah, I see how that could get hairy. :P I could have one file per tester instead. That way, for example, you would know to only edit: findings_maximillianjenus.txt. My goal is basically have the finding in one place so I can get them easier rather than scan through PMs, emails, and/or Skype messages. Thanks for your input. :)

#14  August 06, 2014, 11:20:33 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
I'm sticky'ing this, because it's going to still be needed for the future, I'm sure.

#15  August 07, 2014, 07:11:34 am
  • ♫♪∑☪ Lone Wolf ☪∑♪♫
    • Cuba
    • csmugen.ucoz.com
*Cough. *Cough... Eheeem* Lol!
Btw, are you planning to edit the SP?
„ø¤º°"°º¤ø„¨"°º¤ø„¸ ♫♪∑☪ Eternal Legend ☪∑♪♫ ¸„ø¤º°"¨„ø¤º°"°º¤ø„
#16  August 07, 2014, 12:06:17 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com

#17  August 07, 2014, 01:45:57 pm
    • USA
    • nakutou1@live.fr
Well, I'd like to participate too please.
#18  August 07, 2014, 02:06:24 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Well, I'd like to participate too please.

Sure! Please PM me your email and Skype name (if you have one.) I have a group chat in Skype where we all talk about changes and improvements. You're not required to have Skype, but it's a nice-to-have.