YesNoOk

(Dudley by a good few) Rowen's PotS Edits (Read 1699590 times)

Started by RagingRowen, May 09, 2019, 12:08:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: (An EXPLODsive Geese Update) Rowen's PotS Edits
#1341  February 02, 2023, 02:57:20 am
  • Was it something I said?
I don't know if you know long ago, GTOAkira wanted to expand the CS to Flowrellik's CS for Geese, so...

Let me know what you think. I'm still debating on the neck to chest idea.
#1342  February 02, 2023, 03:42:45 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
I sadly was way to lazy to do it hahaha
I would say that the neck to chest is probably not really necessary and will most likely be pretty annoying to do.
Other than that, it looks pretty perfect.
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#1343  February 02, 2023, 04:11:22 am

Does this look better?
#1344  February 02, 2023, 11:07:52 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Nice to see you here. I think it would be nice to keep the neck in-case someone wanted at give him a vest or w/e.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#1345  February 03, 2023, 03:51:15 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
The neck is a cool addition but like I dont think the annoyance is worth it. Like it just seems like a bit to much for something that doesnt change a lot.
In the end, If knuckle is up for it then I dont see any issue with it!
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#1346  February 03, 2023, 03:16:39 pm
I have reached a breakthrough of how to do it properly!

I still need to do the eyes, teeth, and maybe his legs for socks, lol. I'll probably do the rest of his neck to separate the head, but, I'm getting somewhere right now.
(Alex outta nowhere!) Rowen's PotS Edits
#1347  February 13, 2023, 04:10:25 pm
    • UK

Alex released!

I know what you guys are thinking, and that's "wouldn't this be an update since you already did an Alex"?
Well I used Rei's Alex instead of Varo's this time.

I based this off an edit I already did for SFAS, and I re-PotS'd him and did a lot of polishing up, with fixes thanks to a good bit of feedback (Where I'd like to thank Trololo for a lot of help in Discord DMs).
I mainly did this for a PotS IKEMEN Comp I'm starting, and I thought I needed a better Alex, which led to this.

There's known issues and stuff I want to add, but I'm sure this will still be welcomed by the PotSmen around here. Give him a shot and be sure to drop some feedback.
WIP Schedule:
Re: (Alex outta nowhere!) Rowen's PotS Edits
#1348  February 13, 2023, 08:01:31 pm
    • Netherlands
A pleasant surprise RR!
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#1349  February 13, 2023, 09:30:08 pm
  • Did I hear something about a scooby snack?
    • USA
    • squidlypoli1.neocities.org
I get the feeling that ShinRei chars aren't the greatest bases to use, mainly because whenever you touch up something based on his work it still feels very off. Granted, it wasn't as bad as it was in the early days, but there always tends to be something missing that should be there, or something is done wrong enough to the point where it's almost unrecognizable, even if I don't really use that character at all. I'm on Supercombo and he has some things in Third Strike that he doesn't here; he can chain 2A into 2B, but he can't do 2A into 2C, and I don't know if this got removed because it was impractical or if it was too abusable, and alongside that there's a weird problem with the knee smash where the EX version acts like the normal versions where it won't grab opponents in hitstun (which actually doesn't happen in source and I even booted up Third Strike to confirm the info wasn't wrong). My other complaint would've been that he isn't great at securing meterless knockdowns without a grab, but this even happens in source as it seems like only the stomp and the EX versions of the flash moves actually knock down, and I feel like this should have been a given due to him being a grappler.

At least it's not Alex from Super Cat Tales like that one Sumin Imitation was. That would've been a huge letdown.
#1350  February 13, 2023, 10:07:00 pm
    • UK

I'm aware that his chars are very iffy, but there weren't any other options for a PotS Alex besides Varo's which I'm just not keen on keeping.
I could try looking into the normal chaining business some time or another, though.
Sadly, for the Knee Smash, that's how juggling works in the PotS system, where specials cancelled from normals don't hit opponent hit in the air, and I don't wanna take the risk and modify the PotS system, plus, it's meant to be CvS-esque, and not SF3-esque, so inaccuracy is to be expected.
And yeah, he's a bit lacking for knockdowns, but I didn't want to screw with his playstyle too much. After all, he's gotta play like Alex.

Thanks for the feedback, either way... ;)
WIP Schedule:
#1351  February 14, 2023, 02:01:23 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
This version of Alex feels much improved compared to varo's edit. However, I found a few issues that are present in this version, which the other doesn't:
-He is missing require sprite (5041,20).
-The running dust on his Run animation plays twice.
-Head Stamp doesn't have a normal jump sound when he leaps and a light kick swish sound.
-Power Bomb doesn't have a normal jump sound when he successfully slams the opponent into the ground.
-Body Slam plays the strong ground shockwave effect from the fightfx and not it's own with envshake.
-Air Knee Smash has a normal jump sound on the startup, but not the EX version.
-Air Knee Smash plays the counter message when it connects while the opponent is attack and is misaligned.
-Air Stampede looks like it skipped a few frames on the startup as he appeared higher in the air.
-The strong ground shockwave effect on MAX Boomerang Raid plays twice when the opponent hits the ground (You can see that two are layered over each other).
-Stun Gun Headbutt should have dizzy effects on the opponent where they are on the dizzy animation when it successfully connects.
-Hyper Bomb doesn't have swish sound when it misses and a super jump sound when he leaps on the 3rd hit.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#1352  February 14, 2023, 05:57:18 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Sure out of nowhere!
I like the result! Looks like you can take any base and make it good/great to play!

I noticed his jump MP and jump MK animation finished with a "frozen" frame. Not sure how it is in the source game.
But it looks strange here.

D*mn, he's really well made, All he needs now is actual good set of palettes.
Seems like he have some very good ones to use in his palette folder... My favs are the ones based on SF3.2
#1353  February 14, 2023, 05:43:16 pm
    • UK

Thanks for the responses, lads.

Alex updated!
- Life changed to 1036.
- You can now chain C.LK into C.MK or C.HK (The latter doesn't combo).
- Air Knee Smash attr changed.
- Altered Air Stampede's movement.
- Visual tweaks and fixes.
- Other rather minor adjustments.

I've attended to most of the feedback. Sadly, I couldn't change the Body Slam FX due to how it's coded, since P2 doesn't go into its own custom state when hitting the ground. I also didn't add dizzy effects to SGH because it doesn't seems like it's a common thing with PotS style char, with examples being PotS' Ryu and Jmm's Ryo which don't have dizzy effects either.
WIP Schedule:
#1354  February 14, 2023, 06:24:23 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Nice!
Something I noticed. (excuse the lack of precision for the exact words)

dodge state to P or to K :
usually in pots system one of these attack have to be a knockdown/fall.

Also the K version have a close or far version when this mechanics usually have only one version.

Still testing.
Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 06:31:53 pm by Momotaro
#1355  February 14, 2023, 06:28:59 pm
    • UK

Nice!

Also the K version have a close or far version when this mechanics usually have only one version.

Still testing.

I was supposed to make it so Kick was the one that falls. It was to use the far animation.
I'll see about adding it when I'm in the mood for an update.
WIP Schedule:
#1356  February 14, 2023, 06:32:55 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Nice!

Still testing.

I was supposed to make it so Kick was the one that falls. It was to use the far animation.
I'll see about adding it when I'm in the mood for an update.

Makes sense!

Also,
Would be great to give him some different P and K throws.
But I understand the sprite limitation can be a problem.
#1357  February 14, 2023, 06:37:10 pm
  • Did I hear something about a scooby snack?
    • USA
    • squidlypoli1.neocities.org
I can understand not making every little thing super accurate to SF3 if you don't want to mess with the style, I guess. I did notice earlier this morning that the stomp's movement was weird, but it seems like you were aware of it too so you fixed it and everything is good.
I guess some other gripes I have with it are that the air splash (air 2Z) is way too safe (+6 up close and +9 from an equal distance, sometimes +11 if you're low enough and hit it) and the update for some reason made it unable to do the hard flash chop -> backdrop punish combo (236 Z -> fast 63214 P), which is kinda weird since flash chop is a lot of times the only way you'll get the opponent backwards and I feel like that combo would be more effective and damaging than a ticked power bomb. Outside of that I don't really have anything to say that isn't about how bad shinrei is or whatever
#1358  February 14, 2023, 06:49:59 pm
    • UK

I can understand not making every little thing super accurate to SF3 if you don't want to mess with the style, I guess. I did notice earlier this morning that the stomp's movement was weird, but it seems like you were aware of it too so you fixed it and everything is good.
I guess some other gripes I have with it are that the air splash (air 2Z) is way too safe (+6 up close and +9 from an equal distance, sometimes +11 if you're low enough and hit it) and the update for some reason made it unable to do the hard flash chop -> backdrop punish combo (236 Z -> fast 63214 P), which is kinda weird since flash chop is a lot of times the only way you'll get the opponent backwards and I feel like that combo would be more effective and damaging than a ticked power bomb. Outside of that I don't really have anything to say that isn't about how bad shinrei is or whatever

Did a small update to attend to this.
In fairness, 2+Z was a kinda bad in source, so it's good to make it that bit safer. I decided to add the no-back-jump rule from 3S so balance it out slightly.
I also fixed the Backdrop issue. It has hitdef related.
Redownload.

WIP Schedule:
#1359  February 17, 2023, 06:43:42 pm
At least it's not Alex from Super Cat Tales like that one Sumin Imitation was. That would've been a huge letdown.
It would be funny though, a cat using Alex's moves :P

But pretty cool release! I have yet to test him but just the fact that it uses KOFHERO77's CS already makes me happy.
Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 06:50:32 pm by snowy997
#1360  February 17, 2023, 06:48:50 pm
    • UK

WIP Schedule: