YesNoOk

Palette gets automatically deleted (Read 11900 times)

Started by NikoPalad67140, July 25, 2022, 11:17:11 am
Share this topic:
Palette gets automatically deleted
#1  July 25, 2022, 11:17:11 am
    • France
Hey guys!
I have a problem concerning Fighter Factory Studio: when I have multiple palettes, then exit and restart FFS, this is what happens:

1. The first palette is renamed to 1, 1 instead of 0, 0
2. The palette named 0, 0 gets deleted.

Can anyone help me?
Re: Palette gets automatically deleted
#2  July 25, 2022, 03:49:05 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA

Hmm, are you trying to make the character’s palette itself 0,0? Is said palette saved to an .act file? Or is this character being saved in version 1.0 and up?
#3  July 25, 2022, 09:00:09 pm
    • France
The character is saved on version 1.0 and up.
#4  July 30, 2022, 08:13:22 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Are you using the 3rd button at the top of Advanced Palette Editor? (Save as Group/Index in the Sprites Editor)

When making a fresh palette in FF3, I always go way above and beyond when dealing with palettes. It seems every version of Fight Factory can get a hiccup with palettes. Now that I'm better with palettes I wont save to an external act file, but you might want to get into the habit. Once you get the method down it'll be safe.

But You should be able to use the Save as group button. I personally use 1,1 or 1,0 as my character's palette. I think 1,1 is better for Ikemen compatibility.
My 1,1 palette is usually up front, but lets say I'm editing a palette, in the middle of the list of palettes, with Advanced Palette Editor. (APE from now on)
After getting the palette, say number 27 in the list of 62, the way I want I'll press Save as group/index. The pop up will ask for the group and index. Once I press save, I'll still be on the 27th palette. The new palette I just made will become the 63rd palette in the list. You can use the slide bar in APE to drag to the 63rd palette. SOMETIMES it wont list. scroll one palette back, then scroll right again and it should be there.
You should exit APE and Save the character immediately. Make sure it's not asking you to change the palette type to 1.0 or 1.1 or that pop up box. If it is, you need to save as 1.0.

Once it's saved, exit the character, and reopen the character. Just do it. It'll stop a bunch of bugs from happening later.

You should be able to scroll through all the palettes and see the new palette all the way at the end.

In the Sprites view of FF3, use Organizer to view the list of sprites in order. Then you can press the palette icon right above that list. You can scroll down to the bottom and see your new palette. Move it to where you want.
Save the character, exit, and reload.
Everything should be how you want.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv