YesNoOk

Recording Mugen fights in Mugen 1.0 (Read 1884 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 28, 2011, 12:38:48 am
Share this topic:
Recording Mugen fights in Mugen 1.0
#1  April 28, 2011, 12:38:48 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Hello.  Perhaps I'm missing something in the help sections in other forums, but it seems I can't get a good recording for Mugen.

I'm trying Fraps, as everyone I've asked instantally said that it's the prefered choice.  I also have HyperCam 2 and CaptureWiz, if that helps.

So far, whenever I would try to record something, it does not allow me to start the recording in Full Screen mode.  It also barily records the sound, yet picks up t.v. sounds through the built-in microphone from the t.v. two rooms over.  To add on to that, it's laggy.  Basically, everything's going wrong with it, and I have no idea how to fix it, as I haven't recorded anything before.

I could really use some help figuring this out.  Thanks in advance.

Edit: Example of one of my recordings...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxMas9uloD0
Re: Recording Mugen fights in Mugen 1.0
#2  April 28, 2011, 01:15:11 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Spoiler: What I use (click to see content)
Also try a smaller resolution, HD will just lag like a mofo depending on stages and chars.
#3  April 28, 2011, 04:21:05 am
    • USA
Well....it's a start.  Except now Fraps only records for 30 seconds then stops.....

Edit: Nevermind, forgot it's the trial version, have to buy a full version to record a fight.....bother, so close.
#4  April 29, 2011, 02:37:06 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Thanx Muro, worked like a charm.

I had better results recording the video at 60 fps then any other lower fps.
I record it at 60fps, using sound, at 1280x720 (mugen  1.) but I put to record at the half size, just to make the video smaller. If I choose half size or full size, makes no difference for me.

For sure, for winmugen it runs smother, because its 640x480.
#5  April 29, 2011, 02:56:33 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Hehe thank MDI. He posted that (I forget which thread though --;)
#6  April 30, 2011, 02:07:12 am
    • USA
Thanx Muro, worked like a charm.

I had better results recording the video at 60 fps then any other lower fps.
I record it at 60fps, using sound, at 1280x720 (mugen  1.) but I put to record at the half size, just to make the video smaller. If I choose half size or full size, makes no difference for me.

For sure, for winmugen it runs smother, because its 640x480.

I had a few problem with Fraps. 1, is that it wont let me do any moves, & 2, the video size is big, like around 700-800. Can anyone help me?
#7  April 30, 2011, 06:08:26 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
like around 700-800. Can anyone help me?

I use Windows Live Movie Maker to make my videos, and it compress the video to a good size.
If isn't enough, you can try Xilisoft MP4 Converter
#8  April 30, 2011, 07:12:53 pm
I use Camstudio and it runs more or less choppy depending on the stage.

What game speed do you guys use? I noticed that at normal speed it records better, but that's too slow for me.
#9  May 04, 2011, 07:23:45 am
    • USA
Alright.  So, I'm missing something.  Recording WinMugen with Fraps, no problem.  Mugen 1.0, well, not so lucky.  Lowering the resolution.....well, if I knew how, then I'd do it.  But, no idea, so......any recording turns out as laggy as this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLD2TQ6Rb_0
#10  May 04, 2011, 11:30:11 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Open up your mugen.cfg and under the [Config] section you'll see gamewidth and gameheight options

From there you can make it a smaller size, but the quality of the screenpack will be worse so you might need to switch screenpacks
#11  May 05, 2011, 12:14:59 am
    • USA
Yea, I just tried that so that it was the same size as WinMugen, and you can't see a thing with E.V.E.  I'll have to find a different Screenpack....

Can I change the size of the default Mugen 1.0, without it becoming impossible to see anything?

Edit: Alright, I got it fully working now.  Thanks for the help.
Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 04:35:12 am by Long John Killer
#12  May 05, 2011, 07:39:32 pm
ZDSoftrecorder does the same thing. It records at whatever resolution you've set the video in Mugen.cfg as mentioned above. So it doesnt matter if you're full screen or not. For the the audio, I've had similar issue to record from all - always took the ambient sound outside not the internal sound. Mute all volumes of Microphones Mic-In Mic-Out and set your video card as default device. In other words disable all microphone on your PC rightlick volume in the task bar and choose playback devices/recording devies should be there.

But also dont forget to return microphone settings back to how they were when you need because if using skype you will wonder why your micrphone not working ;>
#13  May 11, 2011, 05:31:02 pm
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
use hypercam instead

after recording

use windows movie maker

Cap

#14  May 12, 2011, 04:52:19 am
  • Get your hands off of me, you damn dirty ape!
    • USA
Or, you know, don't.

Nothing is worse than blue screens with white text shooting at you.  ::)
#15  May 12, 2011, 04:58:11 am
    • USA
Ah, yea.....thanks for the advice, Kun, but I got the recordings working with Fraps.

http://www.youtube.com/user/LlongJjohnKiller

Unforuentally, it seems just Fraps by itself isn't enough, Youtube won't accept the recordings to upload straight from the Fraps saved video folder, but copy and pasting it into Windows Movie Maker fixes that perfectlly.