YesNoOk

fatality (Read 3330 times)

Started by eishiba, April 10, 2020, 07:33:41 am
Share this topic:
fatality
#1  April 10, 2020, 07:33:41 am
    • USA
How does one make a fatality? I imagine the animation would be about the same as any other move but how does one program it to work after last match is over?
Re: fatality
#2  April 23, 2020, 11:40:07 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Fatalities all rely on a 3 round system because they prevent the match ending. So its always a variable is set when roundno > 1 and you have a victory. At that point all your attacks become kill = 0 and you have a screenwide hitbox to custom state p2 when their health reaches 1. Then you can use a fatality to finally kill them.

Will cause issues vs super armour so you'll need a way out of that one.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#3  May 10, 2020, 04:42:37 am
    • USA
are there any in depth write ups to read? Or any decent videos?
#4  May 12, 2020, 03:50:37 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Iirc there should be something on fatality in the code library here. Videos no. A video really doesn't help much for a bunch of text

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#5  May 20, 2020, 08:40:29 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Fatalities are something hard to do, not just for the codes, there're also custom states to add to SFF and AIR, special sprites and animations and all that stuff.

If you want to make your character with fatalities, you should use as base characters that got that system and adapt it to your character. Old creators like Kazmer, Borghi and Juano16 made good MUGEN fatality systems to be applied to normal characters. In my case, I made ClayFighter's Claytality system using the latter as base for my CF chars, but you can look other creators you can be comfortable with

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X