YesNoOk

Rentaro released! Senna, Homura, and Taiga updated 9-25-15 (Read 14125 times)

Started by Kohaku~★, September 26, 2015, 02:05:28 am
Share this topic:
Rentaro released! Senna, Homura, and Taiga updated 9-25-15
#1  September 26, 2015, 02:05:28 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
    • kohaku.trinitymugen.net

My second character from DBFC has been released! As always please refer to the read me for a full explanation of his abilities and move set.

Clone Miko, HomuHomu, and Palmtop Tiger has also been significantly updated.

As of 9-29-15, Rentaro has been updated.

Rentaro v1.1
- Visual updates and fixes to Unlimited Burst
- Frame time and hit pause changes to Final Strike
- Unebiko Ryuu forward distance increased
- Inzen Shoukahanameishi damage increased
- Gunfire (X) range increased
- Gunfire (Y) can now hit downed opponents
- Fully charged Kasen, Uki Rouchou, Rokuro Kabuto, and Homura Kasen will now have increased damage
- Unebiko start-up invulerable frames and forward distance increased
- Adjusted some misaligned hit sparks

Senna v1.1
- Attack increase while in Awakening increased to 15%
- AP consumption while in Awakening increased
- Can now chain most special attacks to EX Drives and EXE Finishers
- Setsu Gekka's damage can now boosted with up to 3 SP
- Revamped Choukaifuku to now slowly heal life and gradually restore AP and Power over time
- Choukaifuku recovery time decreased
- Oukahishousen can now be used in the air
- Oukahishousen damage increased, boosted damage from SP decreased
- Tsubaki Ran's size and damage can now be boosted with SP
- Nagikaze hit stun and hit pause decreased
- Gekka can now be used in the air
- Can now jump cancel from a heel kick
- Increased power gain
- Basic attack damage increased
- Adjusted hit vels of standing medium attack

Homura v1.1
- Can now chain some special attacks to EX Drives and EXE Finishers
- Implemented a gauge that monitors the time left for Void Field
- Void Field duration increased by 1 second
- Can no longer gain SP while Void Field is active
- Void Impact can now counter non-projectile based supers
- Void Impact damage increased
- RPG-7 damage increased
- Active counter frames for ESP decreased
- ESP will no longer give SP upon a successful counter
- Changed Reload to recover 1 SP if reloading from 1 to 5 ammo left and 2 SP if reloading from 0
- Mortar Fire will launch the opponent higher
- Second Mortar from SP boosted Mortar Fire will spawn closer to Homura
- Implemented double jump
- Increased power gain
- Basic attack damage increased
- Adjusted hit vels of aerial basic attacks
- Adjusted collision boxes of crouching anim

Taiga v1.2
- Can now chain most special attacks to EX Drives and EXE Finishers
- Speed adjustments to Curbstomp Symphony
- Ravamped frame time animations of T&D Connection to make it play out faster
- Can now perform T&D Connection even when Ryuji has been summoned
- Increased running speed of Ryuji when attacking
- Fixed Ryuji not being able to get hit
- Launch height of Tiger upper decreased and opponent will now fall faster, SP boosted Tiger upper retains original launch height and speed which opponent falls
- Launch height of crouching heavy attack decreased
- Removed VelAdd from standing medium attack

kohaku.trinitymugen.net
Type-Mugen 1.0+ ---> Characters
Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 08:18:33 am by Magical Girl Amber
Re: Rentaro released! Senna, Homura, and Taiga updated 9-25-15
#2  September 26, 2015, 02:31:42 am
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
Awesome as always dude!
#3  September 26, 2015, 03:06:12 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Most of these might seem nitpicky, but here's what I have so far for your Rentaro:

-Nitpicky (and I'm aware that this is custom), but down gun doesn't OTG, like in source.

-Why does Rochou do more damage than Kabuto? (80 dmg for the Rochou, 75 for Kabuto. Same for the awakening version: 92 for Rochou, 86 for Kabuto)

-His Shoryuken is the same no matter the strength pressed (no height variant, no damage variant, no "forward" variant, hell he doesn't even have the invulnerability start-up a regular shoryu does. Same for the awakening version, besides different damage of course).

-Might need some damage variant for Shoukahanameishi, even for awakening version.

-Weak Gun needs a bit more length on the hitbox (along with narrowing his hitbox to focus on the bullet. You might need a seperate one for the gun firing the bullet)

-EX Gun Fire's special hitbox might need to be narrowed down too.

-Homura Hasen does the same damage no matter how long you charge it.

-Might need to fix up the hitspark of his "Shoryu-reppa" during Final Strike.

Your Rentaro is not that bad per say (actually better than the others released). It just needs more variants rather than EX and awakening.
#4  September 26, 2015, 03:15:43 am
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Nice release!
Best Rentaro i've played with so far no offense to other creators that have made him. 
Have you thought about having his air (Ex)round house kick to have bounce effect on opponent?
Also i'm not big fan of characters having powerbars, will you have a powerbar removal feature with your characters in the future? 
#5  September 26, 2015, 03:19:02 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
-Nitpicky (and I'm aware that this is custom), but down gun doesn't OTG, like in source.

That's intentional, though I'll consider it being able to OTG.

-Why does Rochou do more damage than Kabuto? (80 dmg for the Rochou, 75 for Kabuto. Same for the awakening version: 92 for Rochou, 86 for Kabuto)

In the source, Rouchou did more damage than Kabuto when both hits connected.

-His Shoryuken is the same no matter the strength pressed (no height variant, no damage variant, no "forward" variant, hell he doesn't even have the invulnerability start-up a regular shoryu does. Same for the awakening version, besides different damage of course).

I explained this during my release for Senna. Other than a few specific moves, I have decided that my AP/SP characters will lack different versions of attack based on button strength. Other than the system itself, I wanted these characters to be much more simplistic.

-Might need some damage variant for Shoukahanameishi, even for awakening version.

I'll note it, but before release I actually nerfed the damage a bit. I'll take a look into increasing it.

-Weak Gun needs a bit more length on the hitbox (along with narrowing his hitbox to focus on the bullet. You might need a seperate one for the gun firing the bullet)

When it comes to the the bullet not going full screen, that was intentional as that verson of the bullet in DBFC didn't travel full screen either (I know of the zoom which factored into not going full screen in the source, but I wanted to mimic that here). The hitbox is also intentional since the DBFC sprites even when scaled down made Rentaro tower over most opponents making the bullet miss even when they're not crouching (it even missed Taiga standing up before I expanded the hitbox).

-EX Gun Fire's special hitbox might need to be narrowed down too.

Same reason as above

-Homura Hasen does the same damage no matter how long you charge it.

That's intentional as well. It only increased range and not damage in the source.

-Might need to fix up the hitspark of his "Shoryu-reppa" during Final Strike.

Noted

Thanks again for the feedback.

Nice release!
Best Rentaro i've played with so far no offense to other creators that have made him. 
Have you thought about having his air (Ex)round house kick to have bounce effect on opponent?
Also i'm not big fan of characters having powerbars, will you have a powerbar removal feature with your characters in the future? 

If you mean EX Shoukahanameishi, then it does. You have to be in Awakening and have at least 1 SP to have the attack do a floor bounce.

Also I have no plans to remove the Awakening gauge since it's crucial to gameplay.
Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 03:22:52 am by Magical Girl Amber
#6  September 26, 2015, 03:59:50 am
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Nice release!

If you mean EX Shoukahanameishi, then it does. You have to be in Awakening and have at least 1 SP to have the attack do a floor bounce.

Also I have no plans to remove the Awakening gauge since it's crucial to gameplay.

Ah i see i Just notice, i don't like that the awakening mode bar only depletes when you attack.
It should be based on time limit not what attacks or how many attacks you do, it really limits what you can do during awakening mode a lot more than if you had it in a time limit.
Ex attacks take a lot of the bar in awakening mode, also activating it takes a little bit of the meter too.

His (Rokuro Kabuto) QCB+Z imo is only useful when you do Ex Shoukahanameishi or Ex Magnum Shot in normal mode or while in awakening mode.
It has no advantage on hit besides being able to block afterwards, if you do it without comboing into one of those two ex moves i just mentioned.
Maybe add more stun on hit because if you add a knockdown those two ex attacks will not combo into it unless your willing to remove that.

Edit: If you don't like the time limit idea you could nerf how much of the bar ex specials cost by a little or remove how much normal attacks depletes the bar and just have the bar deplete when you use his specials.
Also you could add some invincibility frames on his Rokuro Kabuto special.
Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 04:27:58 am by Insigniawarfare
#7  September 26, 2015, 04:28:30 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
#8  September 26, 2015, 04:40:44 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
Ah i see i Just notice, i don't like that the awakening mode bar only depletes when you attack.
It should be based on time limit not what attacks or how many attacks you do, it really limits what you can do during awakening mode a lot more than if you had it in a time limit.
Ex attacks take a lot of the bar in awakening mode, also activating it takes a little bit of the meter too.

His (Rokuro Kabuto) QCB+Z imo is only useful when you do Ex Shoukahanameishi or Ex Magnum Shot in normal mode or while in awakening mode.
It has no advantage on hit besides being able to block afterwards, if you do it without comboing into one of those two ex moves i just mentioned.
Maybe add more stun on hit because if you add a knockdown those two ex attacks will not combo into it unless your willing to remove that.

Edit: If you don't like the time limit idea you could nerf how much of the bar ex specials cost by a little or remove how much normal attacks depletes the bar and just have the bar deplete when you use his specials.
Also you could add some invincibility frames on his Rokuro Kabuto special.

Only Taiga and Rentaro have the ability to use up the Awakening gauge to perform EX Attacks and Supers while in Awakening. I made it that way to basically give them more "power" to work with to mimic their 5 stocks of power from DBFC. Homura and Senna don't have such a thing and their EX Attacks and Supers drain power normally no matter which mode you're in. The AP cost of performing said moves while in Awakening with Rentaro and Taiga was also for balance purposes because of their Overlimit passive ability since I wanted some form of penalty of turning their Awakening gauge into a second power bar.

Also when in comes to how Awakening works in general and how the duration is dependent on how much meter you have left in the Awakening gauge rather than time is purely a development choice that I don't see myself changing. Though I always do consider increasing the amount of AP used when attacking while Awakening is active to help balance it out, just like now where I basically increased AP consumption per hit (on most attacks) from 8 to 10, though I will adjust it accordingly if the need arises for balance purposes.

I'll see what I can cook up with the feedback you provided, so thanks for taking the time to test him.

>Palmtop Tiger
>Is taller than the other girls mentioned

thanks for the release/updates. will download now and try whenever

Blame the sprites :c

Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 04:43:45 am by Magical Girl Amber
#9  September 26, 2015, 06:40:39 am
Hey, I'm just a lurker in this community, but felt like speaking up. Thanks for the char release. It's awesome to see your take on DGBC chars and the fact that they're being released at all. Loving this Rentaro.
#10  September 26, 2015, 09:24:59 am
  • Working on MUGEN characters, 24/7.
    • Australia
Oh shit, gonna download Rentaro and the updates now. Thanks. :)

lui

#11  September 26, 2015, 09:26:44 am
    • USA
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
#12  September 26, 2015, 09:55:55 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Been kinda debating myself to respond to your comment, but I might as well.

That's intentional, though I'll consider it being able to OTG.

I was gonna leave this be (since you're considering it to OTG anyway), but why is it intentional exactly? It's his (very) basic BnB ender in source (or at least how I perform it). I understand that it's custom, but saying that is like taking away Akuma's bnb (C. Med Kick -> Low Tatsu -> Shoryuken) cause custom.

When it comes to the the bullet not going full screen, that was intentional as that verson of the bullet in DBFC didn't travel full screen either (I know of the zoom which factored into not going full screen in the source, but I wanted to mimic that here).

Only I can see that working if you were using 1.1 (which has a zoom-in feature). Otherwise, it'll look pretty odd if it doesn't seem to hit even though it's inches away from the opponent (and if the engine doesn't have a zoom-in feature).
#13  September 26, 2015, 10:39:58 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
I know that his downward shot can OTG, but in the end I just opted to leave it out. To be honest for whatever reason, I'm just not a fan of OTG-eable(?) attacks to begin with as the majority of my characters even outside of the recent ones I released this year rarely have an attack that could OTG as I considered them cheap back then. Though I certainly have no qualms about giving Rentaro the OTG, I'm going to have to play around with him to make sure that he can't loop combo's infinitely with them which were some of the problems I encountered when I did decide to incorporate them.

As for Gunfire's range, I'll take that into account and increase its range in a future update since I believe you can just as easily dodge the attack by just crouching in most cases.

Hey, I'm just a lurker in this community, but felt like speaking up. Thanks for the char release. It's awesome to see your take on DGBC chars and the fact that they're being released at all. Loving this Rentaro.

Thank you for taking the time to post this, it's great to know you're enjoying him.

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Oh shit, gonna download Rentaro and the updates now. Thanks. :)

Enjoy <3
#14  September 26, 2015, 10:51:54 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Don't worry, Rentaro has enough frames to not make Gun fire OTG potential for combo infinites (it's acts as an ender in-source anyway).

Actually, for regular gunfire, it's dodge-able via crouch. But I heard the EX version tends to hit crouching opponents too (for whatever reason).
#15  September 26, 2015, 05:46:01 pm
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
will try him soon and the updated taiga :v
#16  September 27, 2015, 12:10:14 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
Don't worry, Rentaro has enough frames to not make Gun fire OTG potential for combo infinites (it's acts as an ender in-source anyway).

Actually, for regular gunfire, it's dodge-able via crouch. But I heard the EX version tends to hit crouching opponents too (for whatever reason).

The only thing I forgot about that is if Gunfire actually launched from OTG, or just did damage. Though going off from you said about just being an ender, I assume it just deals damage without launching.

EX Gunfire only extends the hitbox horizontally. There might a be a slight increase on the height of the hitbox, but I don't think it's enough to hit a crouching opponent, unless there's some characters in DBFC with a collision box that huge while crouching...
#17  September 30, 2015, 08:18:57 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
Rentaro has been updated.

Rentaro v1.1
- Visual updates and fixes to Unlimited Burst
- Frame time and hit pause changes to Final Strike
- Unebiko Ryuu forward distance increased
- Inzen Shoukahanameishi damage increased
- Gunfire (X) range increased
- Gunfire (Y) can now hit downed opponents
- Fully charged Kasen, Uki Rouchou, Rokuro Kabuto, and Homura Kasen will now have increased damage
- Unebiko start-up invulerable frames and forward distance increased
#18  September 30, 2015, 09:27:58 pm
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
Absolutely love the new Visual to the Unlimited Burst. It was for 4:3 i saw but i managed to make it work for 16:9 by messing with the anim's pos values and scale.

Your Rentaro + Taiga are absolutely amazing, i just finished watching Black Bullet too so this is great!

Great work as always!

#19  September 30, 2015, 11:09:17 pm
    • lildaddy9149@yahoo.com
Very nice do you have any plans for a 6 button conversion?
#20  October 01, 2015, 07:46:48 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
Absolutely love the new Visual to the Unlimited Burst. It was for 4:3 i saw but i managed to make it work for 16:9 by messing with the anim's pos values and scale.

Your Rentaro + Taiga are absolutely amazing, i just finished watching Black Bullet too so this is great!

Great work as always!

Glad you liked it. I was actually on the fence whether or not to add a background to emphasize the height at which Rentaro launched his opponents for the last hit.

Also, I completely forgot to consider the background for users with different resolutions. Though after testing it in widescreen, it looks fine for now. Happy to know that you got to make it look better

Very nice do you have any plans for a 6 button conversion?

There are no plans for a 6 button layout in this playstyle.