YesNoOk

B-kun's Speculations Room (Read 726265 times)

Started by Basara Lapis, August 17, 2011, 09:32:18 pm
B-kun's Speculations Room
#1  August 17, 2011, 09:32:18 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Hi people, I wanted to create this section only for these creations I planned to make and probably won't be major chars as those ones on my actual WIP threads. And I started with these ones:

-. Genma Saotome
Ranma's father and one of the funniest characters from Rumiko Takahashi's Ranma 1/2 series. Just converted by KGenjuro many years ago, this has been one of my secret projects from a time until now (unless you saw some of my screenshots I posted in sshots thread). Originally Genma has a big size, but it was shrinked for videogame incarnations. Thing I've to fix it once for all, making it at 2X. Probably the only of these characters will see the light during this year :P
FINISHED AND RELEASED

-. Shuma-Gorath
One of the most powerful monsters from Marvel universe and another of Dr. Strange's nemesis, as well some of the fearsome creatures Capcom adapted for their Marvel vs. games. Since the existing versions are just awful and tired/bored of waiting a good one, I started him using SDB's sheet that has all his sprites. And I won't use any MVC-related, the gameplay will be just the default one ;)
FINISHED AND RELEASED

1. Mega Man
The hybrid and rancid version of Megaman character based in MM1's US artwork made by GMSpectre for his KOF20XX fullgame. Since there're already made Captain Falcon and Mario from this game, I wanted to adapt this character (and possibly more from that game) for MUGEN, since it's so fun to play in KOF20XX

And that's all for now, I've many projects for this thread, but that will be soon. For now, just imagine what I should make next :P

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 08:46:10 pm by Basara Travers
Re: B-kun's Speculations Room
#2  August 18, 2011, 12:50:45 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Box Art Megaman...let's go :) We need him!
#3  August 19, 2011, 08:24:04 pm
    • Chile
Sure thing, Balt ;) now working with the sperites to make a palette for them. Oh, and I forgot another possible char for the future:

2. Agito
The main protagonist from Axel City doujin-game, and I think will be the first AC char for MUGEN. And my first HR character, too. Just adding the first sprites, nothing advanced. Also I'm thinking to make Midnight Bliss Ken Masters Maria from the same game in the future :P

For Genma, I'm making the supers. For Shuma-Gorath, I made some of the first basics, but I still need MSH and MSHvsSF roms to play with him again :P

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 02:34:57 pm by Basara Snart
#4  August 20, 2011, 11:55:06 am
I gather that you were finally able to play Axel City hehe, i vote for Agito, you know im a fanof those  games and im happy you decided to convert him, my second option would be for an accurate MVC Shuma Gorath, good luck on any of this projects Basara!
#5  September 02, 2011, 08:13:24 pm
    • Chile
Well, I've another possible project to do:

-. Retro Ken
Just imagine this: CVS2 Ken Masters + SFII stuff (palettes, sounds, sparks, voices, etc), that's basically what Retro Ken is. Originally I wanted to convert him in one more of the B-kun a la POTS chars, but seeing a lot of Ken releases related to CVS/POTS style (Jmorphman, Lost_Avenger, etc), I prefered to make this instead :P Using Parker's CVS3 Ken as base for Retro Ken, of course ;)
FINISHED AND RELEASED

Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 08:48:29 pm by Basara Mystery
#6  September 03, 2011, 11:04:12 am
  • Trying now to act normal
    • https://onedrive.live.com/?id=7DB65F02B0BBD12E!105&cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
K9999 sitting on Shuma-Gorath fighting in a Golden-Axe style itself is already a very interesting idea................ :o

on topic:

Your "the main protagonist from Axel City doujin-game" choice is very welcomed!  Finally a mugenzied version sees some light!  :sugoi:
* Pleasing other people is nice, but when creating for Mugen, you're supposed to please yourself first. -- Cybaster
#7  September 05, 2011, 03:20:16 pm
  • Maker of obscurity.
    • http://tetsuwanatom.b1.jcink.com/
I vote for Agito, if you wish a beta-tester, then I'll do my best^^
-Toshio Tenma
#8  December 20, 2011, 09:04:07 pm
    • Chile
Well, I got some news: I got 2 of my possible project finished... I'll make you a little gift for these X-mas ;)

#9  December 26, 2011, 08:59:07 pm
    • Chile
Retro Ken and Genma Saotome has been finished and released!! Also, Shuma-Gorath and Bishamon are my new official WIPs (at least in my website, soon I'll post in my official WIP thread)

Also, there's a new possible project for 2012:

. Little John (formerly called as "That Big Fucker" as you can see in the pic)
A Blazblue parody using Iron Tager sprites to make something different... and probably using old and pixelated 2D sparks with 2X as mocking of flashy HD sparks are used in the game ;)
CANCELLED AND DELETED

Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 12:05:33 am by Bad Mr. Basara
#10  December 27, 2011, 02:33:53 pm
  • the strongest motherfucker on the planet
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
LOL nice idea Basara, what else are you gonna put in That Big Fucker?
#11  December 27, 2011, 10:21:10 pm
    • Chile
I've to see all the sprites to get an idea about the possible moves, but in the other part, he'll have pixelated sparks (probably NES graphics or something like that) and a high pitch voice maybe :P for now only have standing and crouching sprites added

#12  December 27, 2011, 10:32:01 pm
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
The high pitch voice is a great idea. Is he gonna be a novelty/joke character or something?
#13  December 27, 2011, 11:10:59 pm
    • Chile
Yes, that's the idea. But it could be more funny if it plays better than the other "accurate" BB chars on the net ;D

#14  December 27, 2011, 11:59:22 pm
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
How better?
#15  December 28, 2011, 12:34:10 am
    • Chile
Well, I read a lot of feedback about misaligned sprites, basic debug and that kind of stuff, apart of "don't play anything like in BB". But well, let's see what happens with this char in the future :P

Re: B-kun's Speculations Room (new stuff to see)
#16  April 24, 2012, 12:21:32 am
    • Chile
Reviving this speculation's room with some stuff:

-. SFIIM Cyborg
I loved the Enscripture's rips of him and quickly it was converted by Zion and Kamekaze. But there're something on them don't like me at all. So I'm working on a own version of Cyborg based on SFII (using Retro Ken as base) with some typical MUGEN stuff like supers and scale and stuff. Not enough to consider it a real WIP of mine :P FINISHED AND RELEASED

3. Rick Strowd EX
Many of you shouldn't know, but Rick was one of my first WIP I made, but never was finished at all. Now, these last weeks, I realized I could make him like my EX characters (Rai, Yuki and Ryu) with KOF-like gameplay and some stuff I wanted for him. Remaking him, but with very few made, just like Cyborg

Also, I think I should add Bishamon to this section, since it doesn't have enough to be called a WIP, what do you think??

EDIT:
OMG, I totally forgot about this...

-. Bobby Nelson
The last fighter from AODK who needs to be converted, I wanted to make someday the lil' basketballer. Just starting to rip the sprites... unless Kong would make the magic and rip all AODK sprites and I would add automatically to my WIPs :P
OFFICIAL WIP, WORKING

Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 12:05:57 am by Bad Mr. Basara
#17  April 24, 2012, 12:50:35 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

Basara, are you revamping the SFII Cyborg sprites set to match arcade character's scale?

If so...HOLY FACKING AWESOME.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#18  April 24, 2012, 01:05:21 am
    • Chile
That would be great, but I don't know about the real scale for it. For now, I was thinking to make the same scale than Dean and Lucia: 1.2X, that's the scale it seems in the shot, and it looks good :P

#19  April 24, 2012, 03:07:12 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Yes it looks fine like that.

Just for reference I did the following:

- Ryu sprite in native arcade ratio
- SF2 Cyborg in native PSX ratio
- SF2 Cyborg Scaled and somewhat Pixel corrected to match Arcade Ratio (still needs work but you get the idea)

Like I said, its just for reference and I really wish someone would pick it up.

Anyways, I look forward to your Shuma and SF2 Cyborg.  8)
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#20  April 25, 2012, 12:49:31 am
    • Chile