YesNoOk

mighty no. 9 appreciation station (Read 96749 times)

Started by Titiln, September 01, 2013, 04:49:44 am
Share this topic:
mighty no. 9 appreciation station
#1  September 01, 2013, 04:49:44 am
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9
this is a new game by inafune that kind of looks like megaman a bit

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/31/4680956/mega-man-creator-keiji-inafune-new-game-kickstarter
The creator of Mega Man and former Capcom producer Keiji Inafune announced his next game at PAX Prime today. It's called Mighty No. 9 and looks as close to an authentic spiritual successor to Mega Man as fans are ever going to get.

The Mega Man creator calls his game a classic Japanese side-scrolling action game, and it appears heavily influenced by his work on Mega Man and Mega Man X. In a video presentation played during Inafune's panel, he expressed regret that he couldn't complete work on games like Mega Man Universe and Mega Man Legends 3, games that utilized fan feedback to help design the game. He's hoping to address that with Mighty No. 9, a game that will solicit feedback and design ideas from fans who help fund it.

Inafune and his studio Comcept are turning to Kickstarter to crowdfund development of Mighty No. 9 and solicit fan feedback. The fundraiser for Mighty No. 9, which has a goal of $900,000, kicked off today after a countdown (from the number nine) at Inafune's PAX panel.

According to the recently launched Kickstarter drive, Mighty No. 9 puts players in the role of Beck, the ninth in a line of powerful robots who is resilient to a computer virus that has wreaked havoc on mechanized creatures. "Run, jump, blast, and transform your way through six stages (or more, via stretch goals) you can tackle in any order you choose, using weapons and abilities stolen from your enemies to take down your fellow Mighty Number robots and confront the final evil that threatens the planet!" the Kickstarter description reads.

Like Mega Man, Beck will be able to steal the powers of the enemy robots he defeats. But Beck will take the use of those abilities further, transforming parts of his body. "For example, his limbs might become giant magnets, enabling him to walk up walls or rip away enemy shields," the developer says. "Or maybe extendible spring-loaded hands would allow him to activate far-away switches or work as a grappling hook. Or he could have a tank-like body, easily crossing over spikes and pushing objects around the levels."

The game is being developed by "an all-star team of veteran Mega Man devs...and YOU!" according to the game's Kickstarter page. Through surveys, polls and contests, the development team will filter fan feedback during the development of the game.

Mighty No. 9 is in development for Windows PC through Steam and DRM-free digital distribution channels, but developer Comcept says it will consider consoles, Mac and Linux a "high priority, but only if we can afford them via stretch goals."

The game is scheduled for an estimated release in spring 2015.
Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 07:22:52 am by Titiln
Re: mighty no. 9 appreciation station
#2  September 01, 2013, 04:53:19 am
  • PSN&Steam: ViBeZ8282/Le-Fiction
    • USA
    • vonthegreat653@hotmail.com
This is Really Hard to say this is a MegaMan Game and Inafune says it isn't
#3  September 01, 2013, 05:04:15 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Isn't it ironic how Inafune's main complain about the video game industry was the lack of originality? (Then again the took Astroboy/Tetsuwan Atom and Casshern/Friender as base for Rock/Megaman)

I really really hate how kickstarter is now a trend but hey, if there's people willing to back up just about everything, more power to them I guess.
#4  September 01, 2013, 05:05:02 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Hell, it's a new K.Inafking game by his own freaking company. Finally. I'd play it! Even if it's not MegaMan, I'd try it just because it's by him. :)

and FTR, I for one actually like the idea of KickStarter. It's like if you are a fan of something, and have an idea you want to share with everyone who has the same interests, it's a way to get a game up and running. :)

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#5  September 01, 2013, 05:08:16 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
His name is Inafune. Just a little heads up :mink:
#6  September 01, 2013, 05:19:01 am
Fuck yes.

I can't actually kickstart things because they demand I use a credit card, but I guess I'll just buy it when it exists.
#7  September 01, 2013, 05:29:00 am
...I don't like it.
#8  September 01, 2013, 05:30:45 am
  • Video Game Veteran
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
His name is Inafune. Just a little heads up :mink:

For those that do not know. Inafune was credited as "InafKing" during the classic NES Mega Man days. If you played & finished at least one MegaMan game, you would have known this. :)

#9  September 01, 2013, 05:33:10 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
His name is still Inafune/稲船  :mool:
#10  September 01, 2013, 05:45:09 am
  • Fuck You.
i fucking love this

everything about it i fucking love it

For those that do not know. Inafune was credited as "InafKing" during the classic NES Mega Man days. If you played & finished at least one MegaMan game, you would have known this. :)

he used it in more than just the classic mm games iirc
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#11  September 01, 2013, 06:55:12 am
    • USA
Wow I expected every single poster in this thread to get hyped or something, instead the game got a 50/50 reception around here so far :(

I'm personally freaking hyped about the game after looking at the staff. Freaking inti creates is behind this and they made the Megaman Zero series and I'll love them forever for that. Best MM franchise in my opinion. Besides I'd rather have this at this point than a new megaman game, this game just can't go wrong, not with such dream team.

I also like how the japanese devs are finally paying more attention to western methods of getting funds like kickstarter (And indie humble bundle being involved in the key sharing process) and having the PC as their main release (Which avoids shit ports).

BTW the game's confirmed to have 3D graphics so far (Will be a "2.5D" game so no 3D movement). I think this is the point where we'll see how serious megaman fans are about wanting more MM games. if this game doesn't get funded then Capcom is totally right about ignoring the megaman franchise.
#12  September 01, 2013, 08:21:17 am
the game is going to get funded and i can easily see it getting to 2.5 million to fund console ports
#13  September 01, 2013, 08:45:33 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
It's going to play like Classic Megaman just like all of the other Megaman clones out there, isn't it?

PASS.
#14  September 01, 2013, 08:49:48 am
  • Video Game Veteran
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
His name is still Inafune/稲船  :mool:

Well, we can still call him InafKing if we want. Even though it is Keiji Inafune. At least let us have the fun of it. If he credited himself as Inafking in the Mega Man games, I don't see why we can't.  ;P

But yea, still looking forward to this. I have high hopes on it. :)

#15  September 01, 2013, 10:51:28 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
The thing I don't like about this is that this isn't Megaman but a literal clone of him.
I hate that so much that I just can not get hype for this.  :no:
#16  September 01, 2013, 10:53:34 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Its the game we wanted to see from Capcom itself, but Capcom itself is too stupid to make it.
#17  September 01, 2013, 02:21:28 pm
    • Brazil
    • www.facebook.com/ramza.neko.52

GOH

#18  September 01, 2013, 02:28:14 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Megaman for Steam?

Why yes, I will buy it thank you very much Inafune.
#19  September 01, 2013, 05:15:21 pm
    • USA
It's going to play like Classic Megaman just like all of the other Megaman clones out there, isn't it?

PASS.

Hey, you buy a game that's the same game every year but with different textures and two more scripted events, we may as well buy a megaman that's not megaman at all :)

The thing I don't like about this is that this isn't Megaman but a literal clone of him.
I hate that so much that I just can not get hype for this.  :no:

Well then you should wait for capcom to announce the next meg- ahahaha I can't finish the sentence, I bet if they ever do that, it will be an iOS game.
#20  September 01, 2013, 05:53:32 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
if it's for pc I am pretty sure it will be moded to have megaman as the mc anyway.

PASS.

lol, you might as well pass on all the videogame sequels being released since forever.