YesNoOk

Sound, Colour and Gameplay (Read 11098 times)

Started by Hihoshi, April 01, 2009, 08:16:50 pm
Share this topic:
Sound, Colour and Gameplay
#1  April 01, 2009, 08:16:50 pm
It would be a good idea to add the ability to use sound effects in stages, ie: wind, rain, fire, thunder, etc.. As well as music.  This is not available in current WinMugen Versions.  Direct 3D and Open GL support to take some strain off the memory usage so that more Video Ram is used.. Even the Visualboy Advance Emulator uses this to speed up it's games, also 32 bit colour support, this will allow for zero colour loss in stages, screenpacks and will cut out the requirement for shared palette making it easier for creators to create characters with regard to spriting.  Finally gameplay; should definitely make use of more characters being allowed to play in a match, stages should allow for multiple levels in a stage, should allow stages in which the falling animation is used, so that characters can fight in freefall, stage floors should be able to tilt similar to a seesaw this would allow for better ship levels, etc..  Currently stage can only move up and down.

These are some of my suggestions
First I was like: -_-
Then I was like: FUUUUUUU
Re: Sound, Colour and Gameplay
#2  April 02, 2009, 10:05:30 am
    • www.sakirsoft.com
Thanks for the suggestion.

ShugenDo already uses D3D for rendering and alos has support for 32Bit rendering.
I am also working for stage objects like sound objects and stage triggers.
Here you can find ShugenDo
www.sakirsoft.com
#3  April 02, 2009, 11:22:13 am
Oh amazing :) if that's the case I will definitely convert when everything is ready.  I was thinking that to add multiple levels to a stage a creator could draw collision boxes which allows a character to stand on a specific area, I think this would mean that the whole player height story would have to change to a more flexible method  ???
First I was like: -_-
Then I was like: FUUUUUUU
Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 11:28:24 am by Hihoshi
#4  June 02, 2009, 06:50:33 pm
    • www.sakirsoft.com
Oh amazing :) if that's the case I will definitely convert when everything is ready.  I was thinking that to add multiple levels to a stage a creator could draw collision boxes which allows a character to stand on a specific area, I think this would mean that the whole player height story would have to change to a more flexible method  ???

Yeah the new physic engine and the stage script will allow this type of stages.
Here you can find ShugenDo
www.sakirsoft.com