YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4723195 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: King Dedede Updated + 3 Quick updates (9/13/21)
#661  September 15, 2021, 01:12:55 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Speaking about rapid canceling, something came in mind with Nanase:
-When Plumage Dancing in the Wind is rapid canceled, the effect is glued on screen and not on the stage's floor (Example: Use a stage with super jump and the effect goes higher alongside Nanase or the opponent, but still stays on the same spot where it was executed).
-5AAAA would look better if the sliding dust was at the end of the animation than on the startup (Slightly smaller and with sliding sound effect).

It actually is her BBTAG portrait. I didn't like how her hand looked in the small port, it didn't really look like something that could be recognized as a hand, so I removed it. That's why it looks different.
It's not just the hand, it's more like the angle of where she's looking and her chin looks so thin. Another reason was her mouth and I couldn't tell it was open or closed, making me think it was a completely different portrait entirely. Maybe I'm just nitpicky, so up to you if you want to adjust it.

Prior to Byleth, I had Dedede and Blitztank as profile pictures, which are both characters that I eventually ended up working on. This is a trend that I intend to continue.
Kirby's copy ability list and author specific special intros on your characters were the hints that gave me an idea. But it never crossed my mind thinking that was one too.

Edit: So Vlov Arkhangel's gameplay trailer is finally out:

Seeing the gameplay and the Tsukihime remake out in Japan giving a description of more of his character, my theory is completely wrong. Ice fits him more and seems to utilize it frequently on his moveset. Since he won't get Fire, give it to the newly released "Atsuko Kagari" instead. She shoots fireballs like Shantae.

Also, I found a bug on trigger10 on Suplex. I didn't find out until months later, but turns out that even with authorname listed, Lilith will always get Cutter no matter what. So you might as well remove the first name on trigger38 of Cutter and keep the first name only on it.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 04:15:51 am by ZolidSone
#662  September 19, 2021, 04:13:53 am

I would like to see a Mario and Luigi character created by you, it would be fantastic, I congratulate you very much and thank you very much for sharing your talent
#663  September 19, 2021, 02:30:13 pm
    • USA
Since you haven't updated Nanase yet, I got some more feedback for some of the already updated characters while I was testing my new strong wall bounce effect on my custom fightfx:

Tager:
-The wall bounce effect on Wedge Catapult is the strong bounce not the normal one.

Samus:
-The wall bounce effects on Zero Laser are the strong bounces and not the normal ones (Although, they have envshake).

Kokonoe:
-The wall bounce effects on Absolute Zero V4.32 are the strong bounces and not the normal one (Although, they have envshake).

Yu:
-The wall bounce effects on Ziodyne are the strong bounces and not the normal ones.

Adachi:
-The wall bounce effects on Maziodyne are the strong bounces and not the normal ones.

Susano'o:
-The wall bounce effect on Splintering Thrust is the strong bounce and not the normal one (Although, it has envshake).

Blitztank:
-The wall bounce effect on Gjallarhorn is the strong bounce and not the normal one.

Bisclavret:
-Her 5C can be constantly spammed and the opponent has no recovery, resulting to an infinite.

Lina:
-The wall bounce effect on Final Laser is the strong bounce and not the normal one.

Dedede:
-The hitspark when inhaling a Gordo and spitting it at the opponent is slightly misaligned.
-Gordo Canon is misspelled on the readme.

Courtesy of Sir Ghostler and Shimmering Brony's Akko, I found a perfect matching strong wall bounce effect for it. This will make feedback a little easier for me now I finally have a dedicated one for strong wall bounces. I never noticed it before as I always used the same wall bounce effect for all 3 variations. I tried recoloring the strong to red, but it didn't work as it always changes back to the default color after one sprite no matter what I did (Having it's own set of sprite in a different color or changing just the palette itself). I know I should have changed it much earlier, but I couldn't find one that matches my taste at the time.

I may have to make a part 2 for this as there are so many characters to test, so this is what I have for now. But for those that do have envshake but doesn't use the strong ground shockwave effect, feel free to leave it as is if it turns out to be intentional.
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: 10 Quick updates (9/19/21)
#664  September 19, 2021, 10:35:58 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
Time for some quick updates. I was planning on updating around this time anyway for the Special Intros against Hilda.

Hyde and Blitztank:
-Added special intro against Hilda
Nanase:
-Fixed an error where Plumage's effect could follow the screen after rapid canceling
Bisclavret:
-Fixed an error where 5C could be chained into itself
Kirby:
-Few additions and fixes to Copy Ability trigger list
Adachi, Blitztank, Dedede, Lina, Nanase, Tager, Yu:
-Fixes to minor visual errors, Primarily wall bounce effects

Download all updated characters simultaneously here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J4xPA9B9JcAzFf9yRRXuQ_8tAGHbVMVA/view?usp=sharing

-5AAAA would look better if the sliding dust was at the end of the animation than on the startup (Slightly smaller and with sliding sound effect).

I gave this a try, and it honestly seemed off to me due to how much she has slowed down by the end of the animation, I did add a slide sound to the dust however.

#665  September 20, 2021, 03:21:59 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
    • sites.google.com/view/site-resentone/home
#666  September 20, 2021, 04:54:26 am
    • USA
Yeah, figured I have to make a part 2 on this. It was late at night when I posted all that feedback and I didn't want to wait to post it later during the day. Now I'm awake and have more energy, I can spend the time to check the rest of their movesets in detail and do pardon if I have to go back to certain characters again:

Gordeau:
-The normal wall bounce effect on Soul Exodus doesn't have a normal ground sound effect when the opponent hits the wall.
-When using the backwards throw near the wall behind him, the wall bounce effect would play next to Gordeau instead of when the opponent hits the wall (This won't happen if he throws the opponent at the end side of the stage).

Kirby:
-Hitting the wall with Burning Attack is the strong bounce and not the normal one (Maybe intentional as it's layered in front? But it has no envshake).

Tager:
-The wall bounce effect on Spark Bolt is the strong bounce not the normal one.
-The hitspark and guard spark of Spark Bolt is also misaligned.

Bisclavret:
-The first two normal wall bounces on Strong Hammer aren't layered behind the opponent.

I spend a few hours double checking everyone and I believe that's all of them. Guess I really did cover most of them last night in a short amount of time and it's mostly just going back to the ones that I've already checked. As for the intentional ones, it's actually fine for them. As long as the strong wall bounce has envshake, layered in front and the opponent is staggering, the strong ground shockwave sound effect is not required. On certain occasions and depending on the sounds the fightfx used, it may not even fit at all.

As for Kokonoe and Samus which you missed, they are layered behind. But the opponent is being constantly drowned with hitsparks. I guess in their case, it's fine to be like that and can be left as is.

For Kirby, you're more than welcome to wait until you make his small and big portraits from SSBU to do that. I don't have any other copy abilities to add as you already covered most of them for official games or author specific characters.

I gave this a try, and it honestly seemed off to me due to how much she has slowed down by the end of the animation, I did add a slide sound to the dust however.
That's fine. Es also has that on Type: Slasher "Mordred", so it works.
#667  September 25, 2021, 02:56:31 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#668  September 26, 2021, 07:05:19 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Getting the updates--

Tho, two questions since have a little of curiosity:

1. Would you change the "BURST" gauge if given other options?
Nothing against it, {Kinda too "POP" in size} specially since it's just 3 sprites to swap.

2. Ever though of coding a character in this style that feels more like... "A Final Boss"?
You know, a character that is broken in the player's hands, but an absolute monster when encounter during an Arcade Run.
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: 4 Quick updates (9/26/21)
#669  September 26, 2021, 09:57:57 pm
    • USA
A few more quick updates.

Gordeau, Kirby, Tager, and Bisclavret:
-Fixes to minor visual errors

Figured I'd might as well get the fix for burning attack out of the way now instead of waiting.

Everything seems good to me with your voice patches. Now that they're all up to date, I should probably get around to putting them onto the site.

1. Would you change the "BURST" gauge if given other options?
Nothing against it, {Kinda too "POP" in size} specially since it's just 3 sprites to swap.

I'm really not opposed to having a new look in general, especially after changing the super background. This would probably be something I would wait for another more major update to have changed, But I suppose that depends on what those other options were.

2. Ever though of coding a character in this style that feels more like... "A Final Boss"?
You know, a character that is broken in the player's hands, but an absolute monster when encounter during an Arcade Run.

Back in old polls, one of the options for characters was Hibachi, the true final boss of DoDonPachi SaiDaiOuJou. She would be exactly as you have described.

Other than that, I have also thought about doing blender projects out of the Boss only characters in Smash Ultimate, like Master Hand, Marx, and Dracula, but I haven't actually tried doing that yet.

#670  October 01, 2021, 05:38:35 am
    • USA
After downloading the update for Kirby, I don't see anymore problems with the aesthetics on him. However, a few copy abilities suddenly got reverted from the previous update. Atsuko Kagari and Vlov Arkhangel don't have their respective copy abilities anymore and the bug for trigger10 on Suplex has returned (Lilith using Cutter instead). And since Granblue Fantasy Versus was covered by Solid Snivy, thought I check out the game. I have no objections with the list he made, but there are a few characters that are missing that weren't mentioned by him and figured I add the rest:

To add:
Charlotta: "Charlotta Fenia"
Katalina: "Katalina Aryze"
Ladiva "Fastiva"
Anre "Uno"
Seox "Six"

Ferry (Yo-yo)
Lowain (Cutter)
Metera (Needle)
Belial (Needle)
Cagliostro (Needle)

And for Vira Lillie, there's seems to be only a teaser and shown using a sword. Instead of adding a completely new trigger, do your mind replacing trigger41 on Sword with her instead? I looked at Akane Satomura again and realized there's no character in Eternal Fighter Zero using Needle. I feel that copy ability fits her better than Sword as she changes her hair into weapons. With that, all of Granblue Fantasy Versus is cover for now until Character Pass 3 announces more characters.

Also, since October 5th is the direct for the final character reveal for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, do you want to wait until then to update him? Just in case you're curious to know who they are and want to add him/her as well.

Back in old polls, one of the options for characters was Hibachi, the true final boss of DoDonPachi SaiDaiOuJou. She would be exactly as you have described.

Other than that, I have also thought about doing blender projects out of the Boss only characters in Smash Ultimate, like Master Hand, Marx, and Dracula, but I haven't actually tried doing that yet.
I heard she also goes by the name Hina, which is why I couldn't find any info about her back then. Since DoDonPachi is a shoot 'em up and not a fighting game, you'll still probably use those existing sprites by Oyaji.

I can't wait to see what cool possibilities you could do with that too. They would fit very well if you ever make a full game with your characters.
Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 05:48:27 am by ZolidSone
#671  October 02, 2021, 12:31:33 am
    • USA
Hey OHMSBY, how you doin dude? I'm back with some stuff that might interest you. Since Melty Blood:Type Lumina just got released, Resentone released some sprites and palettes from Lumina. It was a collaborated from several people on discord. He also made a video using Saber's sprites to test out her movement. Here's the links
Type Lumina Sprites thread https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/melty-blood-type-lumina-sprite-pack-194505.0.html
Saber Test video https://youtu.be/Y2jnLCBAQY4
The next piece of information that I have is a Deviantart page by JSRREMIX about models from Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3. He has the link to the models and instructions on how to make them work. Here's the link https://www.deviantart.com/jsrremix/journal/UMVC3-Models-730989013
   So if you ever wanted to dip your toes into either the poverty glory of hype that is Melty Blood or go for a ride from MAHVEL BABY, then here's these resources just in case if they interest you.
  Also quick question, since you have been making characters from Smash Bros Ultimate, have you thought about tackling the more humanoid characters like Bayonetta, Zelda, Link, Corrin, Solid Snake, etc.? Not requesting anything, just a thought. Once again God bless you and thanks for the cool characters conversations that you have been giving us.
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 12:48:48 am by Little Fox: Tres Truenos
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Robo-Weiss and Misaka updated (10/03/21)
#672  October 03, 2021, 09:56:15 pm
    • USA
Might as well get the final two NOY updates released now.

Both Characters:
-New Mechanic: Not Over Yet
  -Upon reaching 35% health or below and not being in a hurt state, you will receive the following benefits for the rest of the round:
  -All Distortion Drives deal 20% more damage (Stacks with Ultra Burst's damage buff)
  -Immediately Gain 500 Meter
  -Slowly gain meter overtime
  -Gain a defense buff that scales up to 35% according to how much health you currently have (Less health means more defense)
  -Only triggers once per round
-New Mechanic: Ultra Dead Angle (Burst while Guarding)
  -Using this will cancel your guard stun and make you invulnerable for ten frames after the super pause. This also puts you into the Ultra Burst state, but it will only last a third of the time it would if you were to Ultra Burst normally.
-Ground throw now has 5 frames of startup, Dash Grab now has 3 frames of startup
-Stationary, Forward, and air dodges now have less invul time against physical attacks
-Invul time upon air recovery lasts a little longer and control is regained a little sooner
-Distortion Drives can now be triggered with any combination of A, B, and C rather than just A+B (Example: QCF B+C, QCB A+C)
-Changed default Liedown time to 15 frames
-A red X now appears over the Burst Icon when in a situation where it is not usable
-Added an Invalid Combo Indicator
-General Aesthetic Changes
Misaka:
-5C is now special cancelable after hitting with the leg
-Misaka is now invulnerable during the startup of Railgun
-Magnetic Move's Air Movement covers slightly more distance
-Misaka can now drop down during Over There! and Zapper right after the projectile has been thrown
-Misaka can now perform an arial action while Dropping down from Air Movement
-New start up animation for Only My Railgun
-Sprites are now properly indexed and palettes have been redone
Robo-Weiss:
-New 5C
-Stabilisieren now lasts 20% longer when Not Over Yet is active

Not sure how Kirby's copy ability list got reverted back, but he's been reploaded with with the changes along with the new additions that Zolidsone brought up.

Also, the links for Resentone and Volcanoid's voice patches have been added to the site for more convenient access.

Since DoDonPachi is a shoot 'em up and not a fighting game, you'll still probably use those existing sprites by Oyaji.

Yes.

Since Melty Blood:Type Lumina just got released, Resentone released some sprites and palettes from Lumina. It was a collaborated from several people on discord. He also made a video using Saber's sprites to test out her movement. Here's the links
Type Lumina Sprites thread https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/melty-blood-type-lumina-sprite-pack-194505.0.html
Saber Test video https://youtu.be/Y2jnLCBAQY4

Nice. The file structure for French Bread games are little beyond my experience, so it's really nice to see that the assets from Type Lumina were able to get ripped and uploaded as quickly as they were.

Also quick question, since you have been making characters from Smash Bros Ultimate, have you thought about tackling the more humanoid characters like Bayonetta, Zelda, Link, Corrin, Solid Snake, etc.? Not requesting anything, just a thought.

Yes, I do plan to do so.

#673  October 03, 2021, 11:54:12 pm
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA
Wait, where's the link to the updates?
#674  October 04, 2021, 12:48:37 am
    • USA
Final feedback for the last two NOY characters:
Misaka:
-The shockwave when the opponent hits the ground by Zapper is a normal ground one, has the normal ground sound effect, layered behind and is slightly misaligned.
-There is no normal ground sound effect on the wall bounce when the opponent hits the wall by Railgun and EX Electro Shock.
-On the opponent's get hit animation on her air throw, they get lower on the floor for half a second when they lying on the ground during the normal ground shockwave (Thought the shockwave was misaligned, but it's not).
-The normal ground shockwaves on Girder Strike could be slightly bigger as the ground shatter effects block them due to the effect's size.
-EX Elecectro Shock is a typo on the movelist.png.

Robo-Weiss:
-Rapid canceling backwards on any attacks on the ground, the back dash's palfx would override the rapid cancel's palfx.
-There is no sliding dust on the end of Hals Brechen on the ground.
-A suggestion when using Gletscherstrom or successfully countered with Ich Glaube Nicht, would it be nice to add a normal ground shockwave when she stabs the ground with Myrtenaster.

I'm glad you decided to change the 5C though. Didn't liked how it can be easily avoided when opponent is too close or just by running straight at her. Also noticed you removed those letter def files, don't know what those are for originally.

Not sure how Kirby's copy ability list got reverted back, but he's been reploaded with with the changes along with the new additions that Zolidsone brought up.
Don't take this for granted, but there might be a possibility that you may have updated his old version from a bundle without knowing. When I gave Ichida feedback for Orie to fix one minor aesthetic, some old issues came back. I hope you consider not doing bundles anymore because stuff like this could happen and you don't want people to download old versions by mistake.

By the way, my idiot self just found out Solid Snivy already covered Vira with trigger97 of Sword. Instead, how about replacing trigger41 with "Stocking Anarchy" instead? I didn't want to add her before because I also wanted to think of an matching ability for Panty as well and add her alongside Stocking. But as she uses guns only and has no fancy explosion stuff, none of them fit. You can still wait for the last SSBU character in two days to do it if you want.

I also noticed Metera for Needle was somehow missed, unless you intentionally want to give her Fighter even those she uses a bow and arrow. I judged her appearance by her trailer and figured she would be as Kakouen and Archer are there too.

Nice. The file structure for French Bread games are little beyond my experience, so it's really nice to see that the assets from Type Lumina were able to get ripped and uploaded as quickly as they were.
I'm sure you still have loads of plans ahead, but I'm looking forward to see what character you'll do with them.

On the site like always.
Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 12:54:26 am by ZolidSone
#675  October 04, 2021, 04:02:55 am
    • USA
All fixed and reuploaded, along with Kirby since I somehow forgot to put Metera on the list.

Also noticed you removed those letter def files, don't know what those are for originally.

I didn't even realize I had her uploaded with those. That was just a part of an experiment that I had with the engine, they weren't supposed to be included in the upload.

On the site like always.

I decided against doing an update bundle since it's just two characters being updated this time around.
#676  October 04, 2021, 05:17:31 am
    • Philippines
Just here to drop a 100% combo with Misaka.

https://streamable.com/7e3lha

To be honest, my only complaint is the wallbounce of her Railgun getting nerfed.
#677  October 04, 2021, 05:45:44 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
After I watched Jerry Kisaragi's 100% combos of your characters, I just found something on Hyde.
When you counter hit your opponent with Black Orbiter (all versions), then Dark Lotus, and normal attacks, the text shows 2-3 times.
https://streamable.com/42yon5

I see you've updated your Misaka with new sprites, but are you gonna do the same thing to Kuroko? Again, BeterHans' sprite is the best option.

Talking about voice patches, was Alchemist of Atlas' Yang JP voice patch updated? It's been weeks since her NOY update came out.
Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 06:01:00 am by Paulo S
#678  October 04, 2021, 05:48:17 am
    • Brazil

#679  October 04, 2021, 06:08:15 am
    • Philippines
After I watched Jerry Kisaragi's 100% combos of your characters, I just found something on Hyde.
When you counter hit your opponent with Black Orbiter (all versions), then Dark Lotus, and normal attacks, the text shows 2-3 times.
https://streamable.com/42yon5

I see you've updated your Misaka with new sprites, but are you gonna do the same thing to Kuroko? Again, BeterHans' sprite is the best option.

Talking about voice patches, was Alchemist of Atlas' Yang JP voice patch updated? It's been weeks since her NOY update came out.

He said that he'll get to it once he fixes some issues with his PC.
#680  October 05, 2021, 09:44:49 pm
  • The Blind Furry
  • I’m new to this and I’m blind
    • UK
Also quick question, since you have been making characters from Smash Bros Ultimate, have you thought about tackling the more humanoid characters like Bayonetta, Zelda, Link, Corrin, Solid Snake, etc.? Not requesting anything, just a thought.

Yes, I do plan to do so.

[/quote]
Obviously you have your own plans for what characters you wanna make, but the idea of an OHMSBY Style Sora kind of floored me whilst reading this- XD