Share this topic:
VioFitz Mina Edits
#1  January 30, 2014, 07:13:27 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 04:09:58 pm by Just No Point
Re: VioFitz Mina Edits
#2  December 14, 2020, 11:55:05 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I know it's a necro as Hell and all. I've decided to update a bit Viofitz's work, but I can not find his e-mail to inform him; can someone help me?

I'm working with the closer to source version(skirt instead of bikini), currently did a full sheet with every sprite pasted in. Indexated colours and it went up to 226 colours, now I've decreased it to less of 100(most of the mistakes appears at arch's string, eye and some blues, and it's being a Hell...hope my method works better this time :) ).

I'll upload the sprites both here and sprite resources, if it helps someone :).

Also, I'll CS it too. Maybe I'll do some tweaks/fixes.

But please, if someone can send me Viofitz's e-mail, will help, I'd like him to know, don't want me to being seen as disrespectful towards his work.

Thanks! Have a nice day!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#3  December 17, 2020, 10:37:52 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I know it's a necro as Hell and all. I've decided to update a bit Viofitz's work, but I can not find his e-mail to inform him; can someone help me?

I'm working with the closer to source version(skirt instead of bikini), currently did a full sheet with every sprite pasted in. Indexated colours and it went up to 226 colours, now I've decreased it to less of 100(most of the mistakes appears at arch's string, eye and some blues, and it's being a Hell...hope my method works better this time :) ).

I'll upload the sprites both here and sprite resources, if it helps someone :).

Also, I'll CS it too. Maybe I'll do some tweaks/fixes.

But please, if someone can send me Viofitz's e-mail, will help, I'd like him to know, don't want me to being seen as disrespectful towards his work.

Thanks! Have a nice day!

Awesome news Bro!

So you will use the CVS-like sprite (with skirt) set he did as a base ?

To me, it's way better than the "half naked" one we can see here.
Also, Mina is slightly more curvy (Capcom/CVS style) since many elements are based on CVS Mai. And I like that ^^
Hope the editing will not consist in making her skinny/small again..

I'm curious what are you going to edit beside of the color number???
Thanks

This skirt Mina CVS spriteset deserves to be used in a full character! Definitely!
#4  December 17, 2020, 06:36:29 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Yes, I'll be using the skirt version, since I think making her half naked totally unneeded. And NO, not the skinny version.

I now see some(not so many) differences with the sheet I made, so I may think in adding stuff from here. And also, while Viofitz's work is awesome, there are sprites where the belly/hips looks odd, so I'll be fixing that. If I see something else, I'll fix it too.

I'll first decrease the colour number, then CS for allowing, for example, her 2020 eyepatch and her arm's band. Still thinking in adding the soft turquoise colour inside her skirt(inner area).

Haven't worked on her from this weekend, more focused in other stuff.

Have a nice day!!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#5  December 17, 2020, 08:57:54 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Oh, yes! good news.
I feel the same about some small proportions edits needed in few sprites.

Actually it was one of my possible project of upgrade.
But since you plan to do it, no need we do it twice.

And you definitely sprite faster and better than me :)

Good luck with all your projects!