YesNoOk

World Heroes 2 Deathmatch stages with full interactivity (Read 11080 times)

Started by Lasombra Demon, May 27, 2021, 04:26:56 pm
Share this topic:
World Heroes 2 Deathmatch stages with full interactivity
#1  May 27, 2021, 04:26:56 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
Those veterans around here will remember I was extremely dense about stage interaction as a request for the future MUGEN clones. Well, Ikemen achieved it.

And here are a couple of my creations, both using already preexisting stages as bases:

Hanzou/Needle stage with actual spike walls:

Mudman/Sawblade stage with the blade, AND the referee:

Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 08:20:32 am by Lasombra Demon
Re: World Heroes 2 Deathmatch stages with full interactivity
#2  June 05, 2021, 04:38:26 am
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/bn6ymdvllj9lf/Mugen_Stages
GREAT SCOTT!  How did i miss this?
Tested in my WH Ikemen and works perfectly. None bugs found till now.
At least one of my dreams come true :) DeathMatch stages!
do you have plans for more of this?
Anyway , thank you very much for sharing this good work with us!
Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 04:59:09 am by Reginukem
World Heroes 2 Deathmatch stages with full interactivity: COMPLETE PACK
#3  June 05, 2021, 08:29:50 am
Thanks! I've long dreamed about having these, too... So I set out to make 'em. I think you'll be happy to see ALL World Heroes 2 Deathmatch stages. I've tried to achieve maximum accuracy within my very limited coding skills. The Oil Slick level was a bit pesky (and I tried as best as possible to mimic the original behaviour of the game), but I learned a lot about IKEMEN in doing these.

It's worth noting that Kaine was the original author of the very good stages themselves, back in 2011.

All stages now include standard portrait for IKEMEN-compatible Screenpacks, but only the Saw stage includes the referee.

If anyone wants to help me make a single SFF properly indexed and pallettized, I'll be grateful and release a single-SFF full Mix-and-Match WH threat stage.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ywxju5s6efeu9xm/WH2_Deathmatch.7z/file
Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 08:46:27 am by Lasombra Demon
#4  June 06, 2021, 05:07:20 am
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/bn6ymdvllj9lf/Mugen_Stages
Just finished the test session. Again everything plays fine. I just think that the hazards could take away a bit more of the players life. This could add more tension to the game. I'm very happy with these releases. Now we can have a bit more of WH with Death Matches and bonuses thanks to Ikemen GO.
(It's this attached char option the patch to make breakable objects?)
It's a shame that ADK get rid of DM after WH2 instead of develop further :(  This is just what put WH apart of the other games at that time.
   Really thanks for you all and Kaine, that did a great work converting the base stages.  Hoping more awesome things from you.
Muchas gracias amigo.
#5  June 07, 2021, 02:45:09 am
Thanks for the testing, it's nice to know there are no bugs! I made these even considering 4v4 simul (which is the most chaotic thing ever).

The damage from the hazards is VERY low... Because that's how it was in the original games; I'm considering to make some custom versions of these, be on the lookout. I'm also finishing the World Heroes 1 stages soon.

And yes, they use AttachedChar, the IKEMEN implementation that allows for any sort of stage interactivity.

¡Muchas "de nadas" and thanks for your feedback!