YesNoOk

Stacking Helpers? (Read 1082 times)

Started by Karnak, July 14, 2020, 07:51:05 am
Share this topic:
Stacking Helpers?
#1  July 14, 2020, 07:51:05 am
    • USA
Hey everybody, I was trying to get some "Wario's Woods" type stacking helpers working. Summoning and movement are both working fine, but they need to be able to stack on other helpers of the same type, like in the game.

The following code makes it so only the first helper spawned is recognized as a base for stacking. For example, any helper can stack on helper 1, but none can stack on helper two, helper three, etc.

Here are a set of images to provide visual examples:

https://imgur.com/a/6JXhHIb

Here is the binding code:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

As I understand it, this is because the game only recognizes the playerID of the first spawned instance of helper(403). Even if it is not related to my current method, how might I go about making it so there are stack-able helpers in the style of W'sW? I've gotten so close!

Re: Stacking Helpers?
#2  July 14, 2020, 12:36:47 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
You need a common variable to be set. As theyre all spawned by wario you can use parentvarset. When the first helper stacks increment the variable. Each helper will then redirect to the root and check that variable. Use that to set their own height/var for that spot. Then use parentvarset again to increment the variable again.

Make sure they only set their position once with persistent = 0. They shouldn't need to set it over and over.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.