YesNoOk

Confused on why I'm in the shit thread after I kept threatening to shit (Read 2401727 times)

Started by Do not even ask, October 28, 2012, 10:37:23 am
Share this topic:
Re: Somebody goofed
#5021  December 27, 2014, 01:51:41 am
  • Now it's Pip time!
    • USA
    • yourdeadguy@gmail.com
    • Skype - iwillkillyou1337
i dont think anything there but dbk and homer really count. like i cant say the majority of us over here were using spongebob, rainbow dash and aladdin. aladdin maybe but the other two are more the youtuber's thing

It's where I was at that made me think about how overused the characters are. I didn't think about Mugen Guild when I made the list. I thought of the main page I go to, Youtube.

Homer getting his ass kicked became a YouTube meme by Judgespear throughout the Mugen community about a video where it shows a variety of clips of characters beating Homer up with their strongest and most brutal supers. It still somewhat lives on but Homer isn't featured in them most of the time.

Thanks to Angry Joe's Mugen video where he was "in a game", he increased the popularity of Mugen and his self inserted character along with AVGN and NC. The many Mugen videos about him and the reviewers  started showing up a lot in my inbox during 2010.

Spongebob somehow became popular. No idea how but he did.

Rainbow Dash was featured on Equestria Daily in 2011.  It got a lot of bronies into MUGEN also making them make MUGEN only channels where they feature a lot of ponies in their roster. Of course, RockRage's Rainbow Dash is mostly used in their Mugen videos.

DeeBeeKaw was made by someone who was already popular. No explanation here. Just another funny and great character by TheNone yet again.

WIP:
Littlepip - 25%
#5022  December 27, 2014, 02:02:30 am
  • Now it's Pip time!
    • USA
    • yourdeadguy@gmail.com
Who do you think is the most overused Mugen character (By player and AI) of all time (or by years)? They can be badly made characters or goodly made characters.

2009 (When I first used MUGEN) -  Homer Simpson (Thanks, JSpear.), *Insert cheap Ronald Mcdonald Edit here* by a bunch of unoriginal fags, Mario by Hanyou
2010 - AVGN, Angry Joe, Nostalgia Critic
2011 - DeeBeeKaw by TheNone, Goku Z2,
2012 - Rainbow Dash by Rockrage, New and Old Daniel by Daniel9x7
2013 - Spongebob by PlaceMario, Josh Geary by Josh Geary (Shut up about this guy), George Goodlake by Wlanmaniax
2014 - Aladdin by DJ_Hannibalroyce,

Again, most of them are good characters. They don't have to be badly made.

[I know I made a bunch of topics here, but I love to ask people questions.]
WIP:
Littlepip - 25%
#5023  December 27, 2014, 02:17:51 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
I honestly feel ths kid's trying to fish being the victim here. Trying to pass of his bad opinions as valid by claiming their underrated.
If you honestly believe wlanmania/beanfan's characters are anyway near decent, then you not only have never touched a fighting game before but you're letting the fact that it's your favorite character blind you from it's obvious problems.

And Arpa can explain in much better detail why the EOH template is bad and you should be ashamed of even considering to use it.
#5024  December 27, 2014, 02:46:50 am
  • Now it's Pip time!
    • USA
    • yourdeadguy@gmail.com
I honestly feel ths kid's trying to fish being the victim here. Trying to pass of his bad opinions as valid by claiming their underrated.
If you honestly believe wlanmania/beanfan's characters are anyway near decent, then you not only have never touched a fighting game before but you're letting the fact that it's your favorite character blind you from it's obvious problems.

And Arpa can explain in much better detail why the EOH template is bad and you should be ashamed of even considering to use it.

Do I have to say this again? Wlanmaniax's characters are good. But they're not my favorite. Far from it.
WIP:
Littlepip - 25%
#5025  December 27, 2014, 02:48:07 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
I don't like EOH, due to if you miss a aerial attack, you can't do another. As well as various Aerial Rave issues, and pushblock glitches.
#5026  December 27, 2014, 02:50:36 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Spongebob's popularity probably came from a lot of Jengra's videos. Also, Doomguy2's MK styled PPG need a mention. too.
#5027  December 27, 2014, 02:51:40 am
  • Now it's Pip time!
    • USA
    • yourdeadguy@gmail.com
WIP:
Littlepip - 25%
#5028  December 27, 2014, 02:53:52 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
#5029  December 27, 2014, 02:54:15 am
  • Now it's Pip time!
    • USA
    • yourdeadguy@gmail.com
WIP:
Littlepip - 25%
#5030  December 27, 2014, 02:54:22 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
but we explained why they arent good from a general "good coding" standard. i hope you just mean they are good for you, not good in general. the former you cant argue with but the latter is def an "unpopular opinion"
#5031  December 27, 2014, 02:57:12 am
  • Now it's Pip time!
    • USA
    • yourdeadguy@gmail.com
(I need to stop making quotes on accident.)

WIP:
Littlepip - 25%
#5032  December 27, 2014, 02:58:15 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
i thought you were asking people what they thought was overrated, not what you think is.

also chill with the "fags," people dont appreciate that around here.
#5033  December 27, 2014, 03:04:56 am
  • it's me
  • Bat's a Wrap.
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69
Yeaaaah im shootign ducks wiht the paino
#5034  December 27, 2014, 03:11:53 am
  • Pixel Animator
  • "I'm done trying with you."
    • USA
-I think MUGEN creators should try to achieve a type of collective balance instead of mock the concept of balancing in MUGEN.
#5035  December 27, 2014, 03:20:06 am
  • Now it's Pip time!
    • USA
    • yourdeadguy@gmail.com
WIP:
Littlepip - 25%
#5036  December 27, 2014, 03:48:37 am
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/
Kong,he did good Pocket Fighters..and Pizzaman is not all bad as I hear...

and:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
-I hate haters and S.o.S chars.....
-time to migrate from winmugen...
#5037  December 27, 2014, 04:00:17 am
  • Your sweet baby brother
  • Young, dumb, and full of...you know ;)
    • USA
    • dcastaneda2011@yahoo.com
-I think that before user starts having a fan-gasm over the sight of a conversion their favorite fictional character, they should try said conversion out to see if it really meets their expectations. And if it doesn't, so what? There are many other good chars out there to keep them occupied.

-Also, I've been noticing that a lot of...unsavory types on YouTube have been asking certain MUGEN users to do some equally unsavory video requests (for example, one apparent ryona nut keeps asking to see Zangief or Gill fight certain female chars). I think these people should just DL the damn engine and indulge in their sick fantasies on their own in lieu of making others look like complete and total kinks.
#5038  December 27, 2014, 04:02:53 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
this isnt the mugen advice thread, its an unpopular opinion thread....
#5039  December 27, 2014, 04:04:24 am
  • it's me
  • Bat's a Wrap.
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69
Yeaaaah im shootign ducks wiht the paino
#5040  December 27, 2014, 04:05:14 am
  • Your sweet baby brother
  • Young, dumb, and full of...you know ;)
    • USA
    • dcastaneda2011@yahoo.com
Well, those ARE my opinions.