YesNoOk

PC blue screens, goes into recovery mode, but doesn't ... (Read 1569 times)

Started by Markpachi, May 12, 2014, 11:12:37 am
Share this topic:
PC blue screens, goes into recovery mode, but doesn't ...
#1  May 12, 2014, 11:12:37 am
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
PC blue screens, goes into recovery mode, but doesn't properly boot-up again, when a video game is played.
The time before my pc blue screen varies. It could happen after 30 minutes, or even after 30 seconds.

Error Window said:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   BlueScreen
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   13321

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode:   116
  BCP1:   FFFFFA80123943B0
  BCP2:   FFFFF880053B2F60
  BCP3:   FFFFFFFFC000009A
  BCP4:   0000000000000004
  OS Version:   6_1_7601
  Service Pack:   1_0
  Product:   256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Windows\Minidump\050814-22495-01.dmp
  C:\Users\Mac\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-39281-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I'm not really sure if this is a hardware, or software problem. Is there any way to determine the cause and problem? A program that can assist in this? Etc.

And yes, I do admit that I abuse my PC. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Spoiler: Specs (click to see content)

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
Re: PC blue screens, goes into recovery mode, but doesn't ...
#2  May 16, 2014, 05:55:37 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
This pretty much matched what happened to my old laptop. I figure it was the GPU dying out.
I had replaced a hdd. Seemed to fix the problem but a month and a half later it would BSOD and reboot instantly. Just like it was doing. Then it would bsod and not be able to ever get back to the OS. Win7ultimate.
I could leave it off for a couple hours and it'd boot back to win7. But after an hour or so, bsod out of nowhere.

Because it happens when a video game is played, it leads me to believe it's the gpu also.

My advice, save money for a new one. 4gb of ram isnt that much now. If it's a desktop, $300 could get you 8gb and a decent mobo and ram. I found a great deal for my laptop at a pawnshop. Otherwise I would have rebuilt my old desktop.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#3  May 16, 2014, 06:36:00 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
Would it be suggestible for me to get it checked out by a computer technician first? Stupid question. I'll do that first, but thanks for the suggestion. :)

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#4  May 16, 2014, 09:18:22 pm
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA
I had a similar thing happen to my old desktop pc, I also thought it was my HDD dying out so I replaced it and it still kept happening.
It originally started to occur when I added a new Video Card, I soon realized my Power supply was not strong enough.
After I bought a new Power supply the problem stopped.
I was reading up that a PC will shut it self down to prevent it from overheating and you know crashing and literally burning.
Hope you get it fixed with out any trouble.

I myself just lost 3TB on my External HD (Movies, Music, Renders, software,  etc etc!  :knife: