YesNoOk

Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly (Read 250765 times)

Started by Sean Altly, June 09, 2020, 01:18:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly
#341  August 07, 2020, 07:00:14 am
    • UK
#342  August 07, 2020, 07:20:01 am
    • Brazil
Yeah, it was posted here already.
#343  August 07, 2020, 08:22:54 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA

Guys, I've

Boyo, you're not getting it

You're done in this thread

This is the consequences of your behavior and it is not temporary

You can have another week and then it's gonna get worse
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#344  August 11, 2020, 09:10:14 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
Little doubt of mine, i just noticed that "music" hasn't been discussed, dear sean, will the game retain the current tracks or you shall use Wizzy's Final Arragements?

Edit: Did you manage to receive my new voice sample for Mario? You just tell me bro.
Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 09:15:19 pm by AVPboy
#345  August 11, 2020, 10:20:06 pm
    • Mexico
Sean mentioned sticking with Wizzy's music awhile back.
#346  August 12, 2020, 01:53:39 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Yeah, I'm def sticking with his music. I've been in touch with him recently about sending me new arrangements and possibly making themes for the new characters that don't already have one, like Shawn Spencer, Movie Mario and Bloodtide.

Here's a preview of Falcon. He still needs several animations but he's coming along nicely, I think. I still plan on adding and fixing some details in his gethits as well. Also, no L3 yet, but you'll see I went with a L1 Homing Missile super that's closer to his big, multiple homing missile super from PS that still works as a L1.

Download Last Bout now!

DW

#347  August 12, 2020, 04:32:45 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
:D

Aye! I like what I'm seeing here. Everything save the generic crate/item throw. Unless that's his UT? I know that throwing crates and all was apart of PS, but something like that could literally be given to anyone. However, if it's his UT to supplement his lack of standard projectiles.... I can rock with it.

I think he should get a bit more vertical lift on that forward boost punch special. He's too low to the ground IMO. The wall jump punch is pretty cool...but I'm not sure how practical it'll be. Especially since he doesn't seem to have the same speed/range as like say, Adon's Jaguar.. w/e kick special like that. Is it an overhead? Maybe you could make the horizontal version of it unblockable for airborne p2. While the angled one is an overhead. That way, he could more than likely use the horizontal version for snuffing out p2's mid stage air approach. His DP already covers the close range air approach.
#348  August 12, 2020, 05:20:59 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
Definitely looking awesome. I think if I had the sprites available I'd do Nightwolf, Shang Tsung, Kano or Richter Belmont..though I know the roster is already set. Oh the possibilities for movesets.

Bob Hoskins Mario is lookin pretty sweet. Kinda wish Batman was still gonna be a thing as I loved TAS. I grew up on that show.
#349  August 12, 2020, 05:48:52 am
Definitely looking awesome. I think if I had the sprites available I'd do Nightwolf, Shang Tsung, Kano or Richter Belmont..though I know the roster is already set. Oh the possibilities for movesets.

Bob Hoskins Mario is lookin pretty sweet. Kinda wish Batman was still gonna be a thing as I loved TAS. I grew up on that show.

Didnt this game always allow for DLC though? Like your Reptile and Ermac? I’d check chuchoryu’s Shang Tsung for sprites if you plan to convert him in the future. Kano and Nightwolf  sprites are out there as well but not sure how they fit visually to the other chars and yeah I too wish Alucard’s Batman sprites made it in
#350  August 12, 2020, 06:55:48 am
    • Brazil
Yeah, I'm def sticking with his music. I've been in touch with him recently about sending me new arrangements and possibly making themes for the new characters that don't already have one, like Shawn Spencer, Movie Mario and Bloodtide.

Here's a preview of Falcon. He still needs several animations but he's coming along nicely, I think. I still plan on adding and fixing some details in his gethits as well. Also, no L3 yet, but you'll see I went with a L1 Homing Missile super that's closer to his big, multiple homing missile super from PS that still works as a L1.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/0MZO-5NJeiw[/youtube]

ARE YOU WATCHING, CAPCOM??? THIS RANDOM GUY IN THE INTERNET IS MAKING A BETTER JOB WITH YOUR FRANCHISE THAN YOU!!!

You can try making the MK with their original sprites. You said yourself they're not gonna be in the roster, but you could at least make a good character regardless.
Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 06:58:56 am by Macaulyn97
#351  August 12, 2020, 07:44:28 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
Ermac and Reptile are in need of new ideas but they will happen. Also I wouldn't use Chucho's They aren't quite up to par with what would be needed to match Sean's style. This is all quite theoretical though. Sean's game is good as is though.
#352  August 12, 2020, 09:21:14 am
What for voice does Edward need? The English one or Japanese from the source game itself? Nexus Games used the voice of Steve Fox from SFXT. Meanwhile, I've edited my voice into Japanese. I believe I still have it, cause adding voice and SFX is my cup of tea.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#353  August 12, 2020, 10:25:12 am
#354  August 12, 2020, 04:59:55 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Good job so far! Looking forward to seeing the finished character in action
#355  August 13, 2020, 12:45:09 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
He looks amazing. I feel like the crate and barrel throw could be similar to haggar in mvci.  Not sure how much spriting that would require tbh. I feel like it would give the move more use in general. I also feel like the barrel should break out and not just disappear it looks a bit weird this way.

Haggar barrel move is at the start of the vid.
Great work as always.
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#356  August 13, 2020, 01:23:06 am
  • If something smells, it wasn't me I swear.
    • USA
    • Skype - Thewayofthestoner
I don't even play Power Stone and already this guy looks fun. I can't wait for the finished product.
In Bigley we trust
#357  August 13, 2020, 06:01:50 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada

not sure if you're using the video game rips for the sounds, but there was an anime and this has sounds you might be able to use for supers and stuff (you might find better quality ones elsewhere)
#358  August 14, 2020, 04:14:35 am
    • Mexico
He looks amazing. I feel like the crate and barrel throw could be similar to haggar in mvci.  Not sure how much spriting that would require tbh. I feel like it would give the move more use in general. I also feel like the barrel should break out and not just disappear it looks a bit weird this way.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKHiKfI6GLA[/youtube]
Haggar barrel move is at the start of the vid.
Great work as always.

Additionally, when the box or barrell connects with the opponent, it could break and reveal an item for Falcon to receive, such as gems (which could give Falcon a little bit of health, energy, or UT meter depending on the color, food (for slightly larger health regeneration), red fire orb (to slightly power up the power of Falcon's supers), and Capcom's famous yashichi (for about two or three seconds on invincibility). If the container doesn't connect with the opponent, then it could land on the battlefield for anybody to attack and break. Maybe enemies could even grab Falcon's item in order to keep Falcon from receiving these buffs himself (maybe aside from gem buffs they wouldn't be affected by the buff, but would rather just keep Falcon from grabbing the item and getting the buff).

It would work like this:
-If Falcon throws the container and it hits the opponent, then the box would break and the item would pop up, but due to the distance Falcon wouldn't be required to grab the item by himself, and in turn would just flat out receive it from afar.
-If Falcon throws the container and the opponent blocks the box, then the box would still break and the item would fall to the floor for anybody to pick up.
-Finally, if the box is thrown but doesn't hit the opponent, then it would linger on the battlefield for either Falcon or the enemy to break and claim the item.

These unique properties could make the Item Toss his UT to avoid it being easily abused.
#359  August 14, 2020, 10:29:05 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Thats pretty much how it works in mvci. Haggar either gets life meter or stone meter. It makes the move more versatile in general and it gives the character a unique propriety that most characters dont have.  I really like how capcom made it work for haggar in mvci and I think it would fit perfectly with falcon
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#360  August 15, 2020, 12:07:19 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
I was thinking about the UT earlier, almost thinking of it usable in a way kind of like Beowulf's chair in Skullgirls, where maybe if it doesn't hit, you could kick it forward, pick it up and throw it, etc, but I don't know how feasible this is. Same with the item drops but I don't know, if it's smaller objects in the box if broken, I guess the smaller item could work sort of like Cody's knife, where you can pick it up and use it as part of his moves to extend his range or just dispose of it by tossing it like a projectile, good ideas all around though