YesNoOk

ADX Frontend v2! *RELEASED* (Read 145534 times)

Started by Jesse~, October 15, 2008, 12:00:28 PM
Share this topic:
Re: ADX Frontend v2!
#21  October 16, 2008, 10:04:52 PM
Yes, it would be nice, if you could add mp3 support for the final release, because surely most people have their music in this format.
#22  October 16, 2008, 10:35:08 PM
There isn't much he can do short of making his own actual conversion program. Also it doesn't take much effort to turn MP3s into .wav files. I do it all the time for my releases.
#23  October 16, 2008, 11:20:54 PM
  • :)
    • www.freewebs.com/mvcsnk/
Ya. Unless I get a program to convert MP3s to WAV's, I'm afraid I can't do anything.
#24  October 16, 2008, 11:23:59 PM
  • ADX Encoder Frontend Developer
Here's the reason, cut and dry.

My program only makes it so that you can run adxencd.exe (which is a DOS program) a lot easier.  Without this, you are stuck to having to type out everything you want per file, like this:

Code:
adxencd file.wav file.adx -lps 12345 -lpe 123456

Trust me that when you are converting a lot of these files, it can become VERY tedious.

Also, because it only runs adxencd.exe for you, you should know that that the reason it would only accept WAV files is because that's what adxencd.exe accepts.  It will only accept WAV files.

Now, later on, hopefully soon as finals are coming up next week for me, I can TRY and include an MP3 to WAV converter that uses a command-line so it can be run before the conversion starts, but it's a long shot at the moment.  I'll be doing some searching for decent or good MP3 to WAV converters that I can have my frontend run, but don't get your hopes too high on that.

On a final note, I'd like my testers to start letting me know if they have found any bugs, aside from missing help documentation.  Please email me your findings at mmf2dever [at] gmail [dot] com so we don't spam up this thread.

Thanks all!

Quick Edit:
Ya. Unless I get a program to convert MP3s to WAV's, I'm afraid I can't do anything.

A good program that can do that for free is Audacity.

Check that out for finding loops and converting MP3 to WAV.

ANOTHER THING you should know!  Loops are not based on play time but rather by wavesamples.

Jesse~
ADX Encoder Frontend - Making ADX encoding easier!
Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 11:28:00 PM by Jesse~
#25  October 17, 2008, 12:08:02 AM
  • \_(-.-)_/
    • USA
An even lazier program to use is for .wav conversion xrecode.
#26  October 17, 2008, 05:09:14 AM
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Well yes, he already mentioned Audacity which I personally use a lot...but there's also a program called LamedropXPd that'll batch convert a ton of MP3 into WAV...You could do your whole mugen sound file in about an hour. I did yesterday, and it was over 325 MP3.

All you need to do is run it and drop all your shit in it...the wav files will be saved in the same folder your mp3s came from. Simple as eating cake, and the quality is tops  ;)
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#27  October 17, 2008, 05:55:04 AM
Well I finished doing about 5 tracks in Windows Vista 64-bit and I have had no issues. The only thing that bugs me is that Vista demands administrative rights but that is just a Vista flaw. So far everything is good.
#28  October 17, 2008, 07:06:02 AM
Yes, I can make it so that it doesn't ask for administrative rights, but you lose the ability to create saved loop files, thus the "Save Loop" function becomes useless.  You can still make one yourself and load it, but I don't think you want to just make a text-based loop file every time you wanna load your loop points in case of a mistake, such as accidentally encoding a 32-Bit WAV and hearing nothing but static! lol

That issue should not be present in any earlier version of Windows as the user is usually the admin anyway.

Jesse~
#29  October 17, 2008, 07:42:09 AM
Yes, I can make it so that it doesn't ask for administrative rights, but you lose the ability to create saved loop files, thus the "Save Loop" function becomes useless.  You can still make one yourself and load it, but I don't think you want to just make a text-based loop file every time you wanna load your loop points in case of a mistake, such as accidentally encoding a 32-Bit WAV and hearing nothing but static! lol

That issue should not be present in any earlier version of Windows as the user is usually the admin anyway.

Jesse~

Oh, no, I was just showing my detest of Vista. In no way was it an issue or complaint against the program.
#30  October 17, 2008, 08:46:01 AM
  • :)
    • www.freewebs.com/mvcsnk/
Succsesfully converted 368 MP3 Files. Tested half of em in MUGEN, ALL WORK FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC!
All I ask is for the program to accept MP3 files, if that's possible.
BTW, I had 64-bit Windows XP, so... that's why my post matters. ;P
#31  October 17, 2008, 11:46:50 AM
Like I said in my previous post, I can make the frontend accept MP3's, but adxencd.exe itself won't.  Since I didn't make adxencd.exe, I can't change that.  It's mostly about limitations of adxencd.exe and not my frontend.  Maybe in time I will make my very own ADX encoder just like CRI did, but only time will tell.

Also, VERY good to know that it's working wonderfully on XP 64-Bit!

Jesse~
#32  October 18, 2008, 09:41:42 AM
  • +1 to whoever added Godzilla to the main index.
There isn't much he can do short of making his own actual conversion program. Also it doesn't take much effort to turn MP3s into .wav files. I do it all the time for my releases.

Pipe it into another program to create it to a wave. Store it to a temporary location and then create the ADX.
i think we should call it an "engine" so we don't look like total idiots because otherwise we'd be arguing about a "game" and that would be somehow "dumber" than arguing about an "engine" on the "internet" for countless hours

Iced said:
I for one, do not enjoy round corners!  :bigcry:
But they hurt much less when we accidentally hit them!  :S
#33  October 18, 2008, 10:17:30 AM
Again, like I said, it doesn't take much time or effort to convert MP3s to .wav files. Get/use a separate program yourself. Also, there is some editing required to make loops in the first place so just converting an MP3 to a .wav won't solve all of your problems anyway. So really, him implementing a MP3 to .wav system would be kind of a moot point.
#34  October 18, 2008, 10:21:38 AM
  • +1 to whoever added Godzilla to the main index.
Again, like I said, it doesn't take much time or effort to convert MP3s to .wav files. Get/use a separate program yourself. Also, there is some editing required to make loops in the first place so just converting an MP3 to a .wav won't solve all of your problems anyway. So really, him implementing a MP3 to .wav system would be kind of a moot point.

True. But pseudocode-wise it is very doable, but not necessarily needed.

The tone of the thread makes it seem as if it is impossible, which it isn't.
i think we should call it an "engine" so we don't look like total idiots because otherwise we'd be arguing about a "game" and that would be somehow "dumber" than arguing about an "engine" on the "internet" for countless hours

Iced said:
I for one, do not enjoy round corners!  :bigcry:
But they hurt much less when we accidentally hit them!  :S
#35  October 18, 2008, 04:08:27 PM
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
LamedropXPd....Google it, it's freeware.

MP3 to Wav or Wav to MP3  ... Awesome Quality Results!

1 - Start Program. You will see a small window open.

2 - Select all your the files you want to convert.

3 - Drag and drop your files into the small program window.

4 - Go watch a movie, get coffeee, or get laid...or whatever your choice of killing time is. Just do that.

5 - Come back to your computer. Your converted files will be in the same folder you grabbed the original files from.

Simple as Cake...and like I said before, for 365 MP3s that I had all it took was around 1 Hour.

He doesn't need to add anything else to this program. It's good to go.

"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
#36  October 19, 2008, 04:59:32 AM
Only tried one using Vista 32-bit. The looping didn't work out for some reason probably from my own error. I tried it without looping and and it plays fine in Winamp though in mugen it skips around a lot. The encoder itself is likely at fault for this since the same happens to me with a few of HankVenture's adx creations. Does this happen for anyone else?

Adx music ripped directly from games like CvS2 or SFIII work perfectly every time in my mugen.
#37  October 19, 2008, 05:52:20 AM
Only tried one using Vista 32-bit. The looping didn't work out for some reason probably from my own error. I tried it without looping and and it plays fine in Winamp though in mugen it skips around a lot. The encoder itself is likely at fault for this since the same happens to me with a few of HankVenture's adx creations. Does this happen for anyone else?

Adx music ripped directly from games like CvS2 or SFIII work perfectly every time in my mugen.
Actually I have problems like that too but it's only in MUGEN. I think it the In_Cube.dll not cooperating well with MUGEN. Any other player works out fine, both ADX play and Winamp. Honestly it's a shame since I have certain tracks that have intros I really dig and they skip like the first second to second and a half of music. I may start inserting some dead space in my tracks from here on out just to avoid it altogether rather than chance it.
#38  October 22, 2008, 12:50:54 AM
All beta testers!

I need results now.

If you have found any bugs with the frontend, please let me know on here.  If not, just post that it's good to go and I'll polish it up and release set the full release date for Nov 1st.

Thanks everyone for helping!

Jesse~
#39  October 22, 2008, 01:02:46 AM
I've logged in some use on both Windows XP 32-bit and Windows Vista 64-bit and have not run into any problems so far. From my end I would say that you're good to go.
#40  October 22, 2008, 04:16:41 AM
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
Okay, I tested it today at work which as far as I know has Windows XP also...but everytime I hit convert the DOS window would come on screen for a split second and it wouldn't convert anything at all. I tried restarting the computer and got the same results. this was on Win XP ...Hank mentioned it works fine on Win XP 32, and I too can verify this.