YesNoOk

Ultimate Installer and Ultimate Char Tester (Read 36911 times)

Started by necro_rk, June 06, 2008, 02:27:58 am
Share this topic:
Ultimate Installer and Ultimate Char Tester
#1  June 06, 2008, 02:27:58 am
    • Mexico
    • rokksoftware.blogspot.com
Ultimate Char Tester and Ultimate Installer released by me [necro_rk]...

Program to test chars in a winrar supported file [rar,zip,lzh,etc], the program extract the files in chars/test folder and run a Quick VS test

Download:
English ver:
http://rapidshare.com/files/120388668/Ultimate_Char_Tester_eng.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/?bmxzmz0m7hx

Español / Spanish:
http://rapidshare.com/files/120388312/Ultimate_Char_Tester.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/?dnbpue00o2n

With this program you can install Chars, stages and Screen Packs [SP] in your Mugen folder, only select the winrar supported files or Drop into the program, select the type file [char,stage or SP] and install into mugen.
You can change folder's name to unrar...Version 1.0, updated and a spanish version soon...

Download [English only for now]
http://rapidshare.com/files/120389466/Ultimate_Installer.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/?yy8jjvhmfm1

Thanks for download!!! :sugoi:
Re: Ultimate Installer and Ultimate Char Tester
#2  June 06, 2008, 03:04:29 am
  • this be some serious mugen shit
this may definitely help me in stage coding :o
#3  June 06, 2008, 03:09:59 am
Darn, doesn't seem to work with vista... go figure.  ::)
#4  June 06, 2008, 03:20:36 am

Also:
Mugen was coded with two left hands, upside down backwards keyboard and typed with a dick.
#5  June 06, 2008, 03:57:47 am
  • People don't understand me =(
    • www.fenixmugen.mi-web.es
Cool program i have to test it  :sugoi:
#6  June 06, 2008, 04:25:59 am
Cool program, I think MUGEN has been in need of this sorta thing for a while now. One suggestion/complaint/observation though I noticed that after the installation it doesn't register the files in the Select.def. Also the program is not able to properly handle chars that come in parts such as the SFIII chars by GM.

Suggestion:

Add an option to select the select.def
Perhaps also allows the user to classify a batch of files under one name (to handle creations like GM's)

Great work besides :sugoi:
#7  June 06, 2008, 05:18:58 pm
    • UK
To play or not to play: That is the question...
#8  June 06, 2008, 05:47:24 pm
  • corner push pusher
Vista's garbage.

Looks versatile, I'll try it when I get home later.
#9  June 06, 2008, 06:54:21 pm
    • UK
Vista's garbage.

Support for XP is gonna stop within the next few years so gonna have to switch to Vista sooner or later.

Besides I gotten used to Vista after a few weeks of having it.
To play or not to play: That is the question...
#10  June 06, 2008, 07:02:05 pm
Does it work only for archived characters, or can we select the folder or the .def file of an unzipped character ? The tester I mean.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#11  June 06, 2008, 07:04:05 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
Program to test chars in a winrar supported file [rar,zip,lzh,etc], the program extract the files in chars/test folder and run a Quick VS test

With this program you can install Chars, stages and Screen Packs [SP] in your Mugen folder, only select the winrar supported files or Drop into the program, select the type
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
#12  June 06, 2008, 07:17:22 pm
The tester I mean.
=> What I mean is, if the TESTER only works on zipped files, I don't really understand the point of only allowing to test zipped characters. Well, I understand the point of testing zipped characters, but it could go all the way and load the char's .def after unzipped. Otherwise, if you already unzipped it, you'd need to rearchive it before usage :P
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#13  June 06, 2008, 09:26:55 pm
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
this may definitely help me in stage coding :o

it looks like just an installer to get chars and stages into the right folder, no coding help involved --;

but it was a good idea=)

makes everything go faster, i guess...
does it edit the select so i don't have to go in and edit them constantly,
im a lazy lazy person :sugoi:
#14  June 06, 2008, 10:31:44 pm
#15  June 06, 2008, 10:38:20 pm
  • Past and future get fused to make a new present!
jaja el viejo necro vuelve con sus programas, nunca me dejas de sorprender
#16  June 06, 2008, 11:00:30 pm
  • corner push pusher
In English please.
#17  June 06, 2008, 11:09:58 pm
  • "Feelin' random"

"Haha good old necro comes back with his programs, he never ceases to surprise me."

Happy? I translated...yay.
#18  June 07, 2008, 02:43:47 am
    • Mexico
    • rokksoftware.blogspot.com
Cool program, I think MUGEN has been in need of this sorta thing for a while now. One suggestion/complaint/observation though I noticed that after the installation it doesn't register the files in the Select.def. Also the program is not able to properly handle chars that come in parts such as the SFIII chars by GM.

Suggestion:

Add an option to select the select.def
Perhaps also allows the user to classify a batch of files under one name (to handle creations like GM's)

Great work besides :sugoi:

For chars in parts, add to the list only one of the part, if the sound file [or another file] have different name, add after the rar [zip,lzh,etc] file with the DEF and change the destination folder for the same of the last file with the DEF [Double click on folder destination, then change name or select with the image at the rigth]
Winrar detected the other parts automatically and extract it, if you add all parts, the program overwrite the files...

About the select.def file...mmm...it's a great idea, maybe i will add it soon, but, i'm working in other program to edit the select.def.... ;)

Thank's akanami

Darn, doesn't seem to work with vista... go figure.  ::)

Vista...psss... i don't have vista where test it, but, i will investigate how adapt it...

Does it work only for archived characters, or can we select the folder or the .def file of an unzipped character ? The tester I mean.
For an error, you need load a data first, if you have a unziped char on chars/test folder, click on "3.Load data to test", select a def file... and then change the parameters of the VS, remember, to select another char, click on the KFM's icon along the name, and select the def file [only in the chars folder]

If you don't have a char in test folder, unzip one char, load data and change parameters...

I'm fixing this problem... ;P...

Hola!, bueno verte por aca, ojala te sirvan los programas, otros mas..proximamente... ;D

Thanks to all for download and test!!! [yes, again tnks ;D]
#19  June 07, 2008, 03:21:38 am
  • up now!!
    • www.kaymex.com.ar
#20  June 07, 2008, 06:12:02 am
  • If only I had my rainbow star back -_-
    • www.myspace.com/honest_luke
I'm having some problems with this. I have my chars down, but it says I have to select my winRAR app., which I do, but nothing happens. Can anyone help me w/ that little problem? (I have an XP)
It's true that if you own a PS3 then all arguments made by those who don't have one are invalid.