YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734646 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#2081  June 22, 2020, 05:49:36 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Make that 15.  I still remember the Geno memes during Brawl's hype.
#2082  June 22, 2020, 05:53:29 pm
  • Some guy with nothing better to do in his life
  • Nothing should exist in MIDI
    • USA
Now that Spirits can be their own fighter, this opens up the possibility of Rayman or Geno being added.
Going to be fun enduring 2 years of Geno fanboys remaining hopeful that he will be a playable character.

By which I mean, no it won't. Geno is and will always be a terrible choice.

You sure you're not describing Sora? Cause he may or may not be always a terrible choice in retrospect.

Don't think...obey
#2083  June 22, 2020, 06:04:57 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
...That comment made no sense.  Nor is Sora even a spirit.  Amongst Kingdom Hearts' various issues, Sora is pretty far from them himself unless you don't like good guy protagonists in a "Light versus Dark" scenario.  Which is like saying Frodo's a bad character, in that case.

Frankly, going off the likes of Knuckles for the "Mystical Guardian" archtype....yeah, I still would like the weird anime Pinocchio over, like, half the Pokemon, the entire FE cast, some of the other Mario cast like Bowser Jr. or Wario (And I loved Wario Land when I was younger.  Never cared for this Warioware direction the series went in, though) and a number of these one-offs like Shulk or Villager.  Not that I'm going to pretend he's remotely more important to be in or anything ridiculous like that....just he's more interesting a character.

Anyways, on stuff actually shown off today, Vault Boy looks less like his cartoon form in the actual Fallout series or like a sport mascot like Sakurai joked, but more like one of those $10 bobbleheads Bethesda was really pushing for Fallout 4, and it looks weird.
#2084  June 22, 2020, 06:22:11 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Y'all whack, Min Min is good :yes:

I would've been fine with her or Lola Pop.
#2085  June 22, 2020, 07:12:41 pm
  • Not a good spriter.
    • USA
I was really surprise and very pleased with the overall presentation. Min Min looks fun and now that we know that spirits don't necessarily deconfirm characters, I can safely assume that Geno has pretty good shot making it in the roster.

I know some people don't like Geno (because it's cool to hate what's popular) but just remember it's only a video game.
#2086  June 22, 2020, 07:24:54 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
And thus my point is proven.
#2087  June 22, 2020, 08:09:18 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Bunch of people are talking about how this finally confirms that Spirits can still appear in the game as fighters, but I dunno, to me that never seemed like an issue to begin with? Of course, that's easy to say after the fact, but genuinely, it just seemed like a non-issue. It's not like Assist Trophies or anything!
#2088  June 22, 2020, 08:39:00 pm
    • USA
    • thelivewire48@gmail.com
I never understood the whole spirits deconfirm fighters thing, when one of the earlier spirits shown off was a k.rool spirit
#2089  June 22, 2020, 09:12:45 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
"In memory of Desmond Daniel Amofah 'Etika'"

Etika would be proud of Nintendo.
#2090  June 22, 2020, 09:49:58 pm
    • Brazil
I think you're all being too naive about Geno not being included. I haven't really played Super Mario RPG, but its clearly a very popular game with a very popular character exclusive to it. In a game like Smash Ultimate, full of fanservice and with franchises included that, realistically, had very little chance (Persona), I think its safe to say Geno's chances are very big.
#2091  June 22, 2020, 09:54:58 pm
    • USA
    • thelivewire48@gmail.com
Look I like geno as much as the next guy, but he's only ever been in 1 game that not many kids have played, had a cameo in another, and got removed in the remake, and let's not forget probably won't appear in another title because of it's gripping owner, square enix

lui

#2092  June 22, 2020, 10:38:46 pm
    • USA
If any of you said Min Min was "Trash Bin" after Twintelle got revealed and suddenly act like she's the best rep then ya'll fake as fuck  :muttrox:

In serious news, I LOVE how unique they made her, Sakurai and his team sure know how to make any character interesting.
#2093  June 22, 2020, 11:49:21 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Noodles are the best, no doubt can't deny.

Min Min is very solid pick.  Unique design and abilities, but without being so "out there" that she can't rep ARMS as a whole.  Personally I was hoping for Dr. Coyle, but Min Min was a pretty close second.  I love how the decision making process was just Sakurai going to the ARMS director and saying "Yo, who do you want me to put in Smash?"

At first, I was disappointed that they put in a Vault Boy skin because I don't want Todd Howard's vile, bug-ridden tendrils anywhere near Smash Bros, but the I remembered who else Bethesda owns the rights to and now I'm totally fine with it.

:EDIT:  The celebratory artwork from the official ARMS team is pretty wonderful.

Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 01:41:15 am by Person Man
#2094  June 23, 2020, 04:27:46 am
  • Was it something I said?
I haven't played ARMS, but I too was expecting Dr. Coyle because Smash needs more villains, but Min Min looks like a good rep for ARMS, because she can do kicks as well.... not to say that the other characters can't do that, mind you, but it's nice to have a Kung-Fu rep and probably the closest to Chun-Li we'll get too.

Also, Captain Falcon loving noodles is adorable.
#2095  July 02, 2020, 02:30:34 am
    • Argentina
Changes in update 8.0.0
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#2096  July 08, 2020, 12:48:15 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
#2097  August 05, 2020, 04:38:46 am
    • Argentina
new update
Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 04:48:55 am by k6666orochi
#2098  August 05, 2020, 07:20:36 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Small Battlefield?
What a great idea.
This is fate.
#2099  August 05, 2020, 07:29:21 pm
    • Argentina
#2100  August 05, 2020, 07:33:34 pm
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public
don't talk shit about small battlefield.  :P
played the hell out of it last night, it was really enjoyable IMO.