YesNoOk

KOFZ 100501 mk3 up4 by MUGENCHINA Team (Read 33448 times)

Started by kkhohoho, May 01, 2010, 04:23:52 pm
Share this topic:
KOFZ 100501 mk3 up4 by MUGENCHINA Team
#1  May 01, 2010, 04:23:52 pm
On the first day of May, KOFZ has been updated once again. I'm just about to start downloading it myself, but here's what I know is in it. Not everything, but some of it.

1.Shingo
2.Chang
3.Returning and exclusive character to KOFZ, fully redrawn, Dash.
4.Win quotes. Sounds nice, but since KOFZ is made by Chinese, the winquotes are in Chinese. Ah well.

I'll post more when I've actually played this update. For now, here's the links to both the MUGENCHINA topic about the update, and a download link. You'll also find a link for music that they uploaded, (the Megaupload link,) but you'll always be able to swap tracks with your own MP3's.

http://www.mugenchina.org/dzbbs/viewthread.php?tid=26910&extra=page%3D1&page=1

http://www.rayfile.com/zh-cn/files/5e958f68-551f-11df-a45d-0015c55db73d/

http://www.This link no longer works, sorry/?d=OOF3SOKP
Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 04:40:02 pm by kkhohoho
Re: KOFZ 100501 mk3 up4 by MUGENCHINA Team
#2  May 02, 2010, 01:36:28 am
Yes, this is a double post. With that said, I've been able to play KOFZ UP4 now. Dash, Chang, and Shingo are in it, but the only other new character is Neo-Dio, (NGBC & World Heroes,) who at this moment is an unplayable boss. There's also Shermie and her Orochi alter-ego, but she was uploaded on her lonesome a while ago. That's not all that's new though. Winquotes are included, and they're actually in English. I assume you can change them to Chinese via the 'Shell' that's available on the game's webpage. Additionally, the edition of MUGEN being used for KOFZ has been upgraded to RC7, and everything feels just a bit smoother overall. As for anything else, there's probably a new move here and there for some of the characters from the last version. Not a bad update, though it could have used a few more characters.
Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 03:52:09 pm by kkhohoho
#3  May 02, 2010, 01:41:15 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Cool, the last KOFZ was great and it's nice to see an update.
#4  May 02, 2010, 01:43:47 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Geese's Nightmare mode feels pretty nice. Its a shame the MGChina team didn't use the 98UM Shippuken graphics, but I do love how they did use the 98UM Deadly Rave energy blast graphics for normal Geese.

The only tihng I don't like his Mika's new voice
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#5  May 02, 2010, 09:26:16 am
    • USA
RaySource is driving me up the wall... I think I'll wait to test this until there's a MegaUpload, MultiUpload or RapidShare link.

Got the hang of RaySource, although a bit of a hassle. Will be posting to MU and/or RS later, unless someone else can do so before I do.
Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 11:15:48 am by Blazing Ace
#6  May 02, 2010, 10:04:37 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
yes..where do you download that on the chinese page?
#7  May 02, 2010, 03:42:10 pm
    • Poland
I was so happy becuase I thought Mugen RC7 will fix my crashing problem but I can't run UP4 at all. Common windows error show up when I run KoFZ.exe... It's sucks. With each version my problems is getting worse & worse....

Disregard that. That error was result of my stupidity... It seems that my problems after 2 years are finally gone. Now I can enjoy it at 100% This game is making Mugen shine really. Amount of work put into it is unbelieveable. Loving Dash and other custom chars and how chars allow for some cool combos. Recomended to all Mugen fans. This is how Mugen Fullgame should look (amount of chars is bit too big but it's not really issue).

"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 03:09:01 am by Jarek Bachanek
#8  May 02, 2010, 03:51:31 pm
#9  May 02, 2010, 06:48:57 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Mugen china is great.  :sugoi:
Kof Zillion is da shit :sugoi:
But I f***ing hate this Rayfile crap.

No downloads for me until they post a mirror... >:(
#10  May 02, 2010, 10:43:36 pm
Mugen china is great.  :sugoi:
Kof Zillion is da shit :sugoi:
But I f***ing hate this Rayfile crap.

No downloads for me until they post a mirror... >:(

It seems that some people are having problems with Raysource. So, here's some steps in getting it to work:
1.Download it off of the Raysource link. Just try clicking on the various links on the site while using common sense. You should get it eventually.
2.Install it.
3.Go back to the link, and click on the 'tab' with the arrow.
4.You'll find yourself on a new page. Click on the Raysource icon. You'll then be asked to choose an application to use. Choose Raysource.
5.The Raysource program will come up, and there will be four white boxes with text in them. Click on the third one, and a browse screen will open. Find where you want to put your download, choose it, and then click the 'Start Download' button. You should be all set. Everyone, just let me know if you have any more problems.  :)
#11  May 04, 2010, 07:41:52 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
how about sharing the game via a torrent?

it wonders me  why there isnt a specific torrent tracker for mugen stuff or free games in general
#12  May 04, 2010, 09:57:13 pm
how about sharing the game via a torrent?

it wonders me  why there isnt a specific torrent tracker for mugen stuff or free games in general

In practice, Raysource is a torrent. The only difference is the language barrier.
#13  May 05, 2010, 06:09:01 am
  • Fuck Windows 8!!!! I use adult OSes to work!!!
    • Mexico
Just as spected, now plays perfect and smoothly, I love the last battle theme (BGM)... :D

See ya!!! :D

P.D. Sometimes Clark has bugs with the Argente Breaker, the foe NEVER comes back to Clark instead falling into ground... Minuimum distance for this move to connect should be reduced, if you start with j.HK -> s.HP -> Argente Breaker, Argente never comes out or fails to grab... Besides that, perfect as always :D
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
------------------------------------------------------
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Current Universal War Official Artwork
#14  May 05, 2010, 02:34:22 pm
Just as spected, now plays perfect and smoothly, I love the last battle theme (BGM)... :D

See ya!!! :D

P.D. Sometimes Clark has bugs with the Argente Breaker, the foe NEVER comes back to Clark instead falling into ground... Minuimum distance for this move to connect should be reduced, if you start with j.HK -> s.HP -> Argente Breaker, Argente never comes out or fails to grab... Besides that, perfect as always :D

Which Clark are we talking about? If it's Classic Clark, then the Argentina Backbreaker is supposed to not come back. Yes, it does in the official games, but here, it separates the two Clarks a bit. That said, this version of the move is actually quite effective. You can either just wait for the foe to fall down and take some damage, or follow up with your own hits, including jump attacks and quite possibly the jumping CD. It's an interesting twist on the usual Argentina Backbreaker, and if you still want the old one, just use 99-XI Clark.
Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 11:37:14 pm by kkhohoho
#15  May 06, 2010, 05:46:33 am
  • Fuck Windows 8!!!! I use adult OSes to work!!!
    • Mexico
Holy Shiiiii... I never thought they added such change to the alternate version of Clark XD... Now I'll see what new raping I can do with this XD...

Thanks for pointing out :D
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
------------------------------------------------------
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Current Universal War Official Artwork
#16  May 06, 2010, 10:38:14 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Just on a graphical aspect, it's really nice that they're using Mugen RC7 now. Screenpack is much better in HR everywhere.
The lifebars would be nicer with HR portraits though, and they really need to "hire" a better stage maker, because the stages are full of bugs, especially in the corners, where there's most of the time a vertical bugged line (sometimes in pink because debugbg wasn't turned off).
#17  May 07, 2010, 01:23:20 am
    • USA
The KOFZ team should actually start to make a fullgame instead of putting tons of characters barelly adapted to have the same system and sparks and tons of low res buggy crappy stages together in one quite good but still boring pack :P

the game evolved ALOT since the very first version but the system suffers from several flaws which makes the character look even more different than before (different as in from different games with different system which IS BAD).

first of all there's that usual thing of characters not making MAX2 moves with a fixed setup, it's either the Blow Off button (E in KOF) or button combination (Like in SDMs) but there's no real setup for that, seems like it's character dependant and probably even original author dependant which is worst...

then there's the whole lack of detail thing, I loved many things added to chars (Like Leona getting splashed with blood during Leona Crush) but then you have other several crap going around like failed assert specials or just crappy animation setup, wrong sounds, sounds that dont sound like the system sound and clash way too much, voices that sound WAY diferent due to several voice actors put in one character (Clark, seriously, CLARK), failed palette setting (I remember foxy in previous version didnt test if that was fixed now), characters reacting different in command input (with forward+LK+LP one char may do a command attack while other may roll) etc.

The screenpack on the other way is awesome, too bad the character artwork sucks for me, there's only a few portraits I actually like but that's not a bad thing, it's all about tastes, I mean some people actually like Falcoon's artwork in 03 (LOL!).

let's just hope the overall system to get better with time, the stupid focus-attack-wannabe idea was awful and so useless...

Im actually quite sad that in 10 years the community didnt get further than this, it's a good game overall and the usual mugen leecher will enjoy it due to ZOMG roster number but it's still pretty limited compared to a real mugen fullgame (ZOMG Babel sword), let alone compared to a real KOF since stage interaction is not even there (steps sounding different depending of stage anyone?).

the last stand would be to code each custom state in each character with his own animations but that would be really hard to do on a game that uses other people's chars, Im doing this in my fullgame because it's the way it's actually done in KOF, not to mention that there's no real required sprites in KOF, for example K' has several guard sprites while Leona only has a few, same for custom states, K' has a falling down vertical anim while leona doesnt and when required uses a reused sprite with different axis. This is quite a hustle when coding custom states that must look ok on a huge game like this

whatever, I'll get hate, im a fucking elitist with high standards but atleast im no hipocrist :P , I guess this can only become better with time and effort.
#18  May 07, 2010, 08:18:33 am
    • France
Well, I don't see why you'd get hate, since you got points.
I don't know how many people are working on this, but indeed, more communication to set standards between each character and add common coding (in common.cns even) to have stage interaction and things like that, would be awesome.
#19  May 08, 2010, 02:33:18 am
  • Fighting Game Promoter
  • YouTube Promoter for all Fighting games alike!
    • USA
I want this game, but I don't know how to work with raysource. Can someone upload it to megaupload or something like that?
#20  May 08, 2010, 12:25:21 pm
    • France
It seems that some people are having problems with Raysource. So, here's some steps in getting it to work:
1.Download it off of the Raysource link. Just try clicking on the various links on the site while using common sense. You should get it eventually.
2.Install it.
3.Go back to the link, and click on the 'tab' with the arrow.
4.You'll find yourself on a new page. Click on the Raysource icon. You'll then be asked to choose an application to use. Choose Raysource.
5.The Raysource program will come up, and there will be four white boxes with text in them. Click on the third one, and a browse screen will open. Find where you want to put your download, choose it, and then click the 'Start Download' button. You should be all set. Everyone, just let me know if you have any more problems.  :)