YesNoOk

Jmorphman's WIP thread: Project S.H.I.N.(go): Shingo Beta out! (Read 2441564 times)

Started by Jmorphman, November 01, 2010, 09:13:43 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Got a light?

This is the water
81 (25.2%)
And this is the well
77 (24%)
Drink full, and descend
33 (10.3%)
The horse is the white of the eye
37 (11.5%)
And the dark within
52 (16.2%)
This is the water
41 (12.8%)
And this is the well
0 (0%)
Drink full, and descend
0 (0%)
The horse is the white of the eye
0 (0%)
And the dark within
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 318

Re: Jmorphman's WIP thread: B.B. Hood palette template!
#6281  April 19, 2021, 12:11:16 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I love it!
The hunter move is awesome!
It will definitely be the best version of her...
#6282  April 19, 2021, 11:32:04 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#6283  April 19, 2021, 11:55:30 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
 :shocked3:
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#6284  April 20, 2021, 04:24:11 am
  • King of Games
  • Sponsored by Yugi-Os - they're Yugilicious!
    • Australia
A Ruby Rose (RWBY) palette for your WIP, surprised no-one has done one yet (AFAIK).

• A

• B
DISCORD SERVER
Discord ID: ZeroInfinity#1527
#6285  April 20, 2021, 07:12:33 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Oh wait not exactly, I dropped small and super jumps (they made absolutely no sense given BBH's double jump). I'm gonna remove those from Demitri too when I update him.

I feel you're going to far by removing it for Demitri aswell. (Low) Super Jumps are a fun movement option, but it would be kinda OP for Hood. I'd be nice to config them too.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#6286  April 21, 2021, 02:09:41 am
    • USA
I think it adds a nice distinction between my VS-esque characters and the rest. It also seems too weird to me to carve out an exception for B.B. Hood only.
#6287  April 25, 2021, 02:15:58 pm
Oh wait not exactly, I dropped small and super jumps (they made absolutely no sense given BBH's double jump). I'm gonna remove those from Demitri too when I update him.

I feel you're going to far by removing it for Demitri aswell. (Low) Super Jumps are a fun movement option, but it would be kinda OP for Hood. I'd be nice to config them too.

I agree with Rowen, I think for Demitri its fine, for BB hood, what I would suggest is when a player enables the super pauses and whatnot the super jumps stay but the double jump is removed, when they are not enabled no super jump and the double jump stays in.
#6288  April 25, 2021, 07:05:07 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Instead of either removing the low/super jump of the config., or even remove her unique air jump gimmick if the super jump is enabled,

why not just make it so she can't cancel a low/super jump into a double jump? Her gameplay wouldn't be too broken this way, I guess...
Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 07:18:22 pm by NDSilva
#6289  April 25, 2021, 07:35:49 pm
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
why not just make it so she can't cancel a low/super jump into a double jump? Her gameplay wouldn't be too broken this way, I guess...
^This i think would be the best approach imo. Making it a config option would seem a bit much but its all up to you in the end, Jmorph.
Penguinz0 said:
"Oh its all happening! Everything that's ever existed is happening at once!"
#6290  April 28, 2021, 08:54:50 am
    • USA
Instead of either removing the low/super jump of the config., or even remove her unique air jump gimmick if the super jump is enabled,

That was how I originally planned it, and for a while, that's how it was while I was actually developing it. But I ultimately removed it because it felt so weird and unintentionally confusing. Trust me!
#6291  May 02, 2021, 01:44:23 am
    • USA

All but one super is done. After the last is finished, I can finally put out a beta, and get started on the dog and butterflies, the only things remaining (besides AI, I guess)

I ended up just making Apple For You use hardcoded values that change depending on the character + author name (or else defaults to a generic position determined by the character's mid.pos). There was an idea I had kicking around about encoding the x/y coordinates of the apple in the air file, as additional animations, but let's be honest: nobody's gonna use this hypothetical new animation standard, or at least not enough people will use it such that coming up with some new system to encode the values is worth it. So, instead, I'll just manually add the positions for each character I come across that's compatible.

But... there were only two characters in my entire roster that had the compatible Apple For You animations... and both were the Darkstalkers characters made by me. :qq:

I can at least add it to my own characters, I guess...
#6292  May 21, 2021, 08:11:03 pm
    • USA
all supers complete

that's basically everything, just wanna do a few more tests before putting out a beta

so close... :qq:
Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 09:08:48 pm by Jmorphman
#6293  May 21, 2021, 08:32:02 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
I'm impressed! Everything looks so fluid and effective!

Also, about the apple thing. I would suggest some default animation for the charcters not using the custom anim.
I suppose you already had that in mind ^^

So you're going so select one by one a frame for these charcters and adjust the apple in x y axis. Wow!

Good luck with the last tweaks!
#6294  May 21, 2021, 10:55:12 pm
why not use dizzy state and she could put the apple above their heads instead.
#6295  May 22, 2021, 12:45:06 am
    • USA
Using the dizzy animation looks weird on a lot of characters (they can get pretty varied), plus it'd be impossible to know exactly where the character's head is in that dizzy animation for BBH to place the apple on top of. Instead, I just use a MUGEN required get-hit frame and bind the apple to their mid.pos. It gets the job done.
#6296  May 22, 2021, 10:18:26 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Using the dizzy animation looks weird on a lot of characters (they can get pretty varied), plus it'd be impossible to know exactly where the character's head is in that dizzy animation for BBH to place the apple on top of. Instead, I just use a MUGEN required get-hit frame and bind the apple to their mid.pos. It gets the job done.

I think it's a good choice. So, you are sure the apple is not in a random position.
Re: Jmorphman's WIP thread: B.B. Hood BETA
#6297  May 23, 2021, 08:55:53 pm
    • USA
BETA: https://network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman/wp-content/uploads/characters/BBHoodBeta.7z

now all i have to do is the dog and the butterflies, which surely won't be hard... :qq:

EDIT: oops I forgot to mention some stuff

- I've incorporated a few changes from VS2, mostly just grabbing some buffs while ignoring the nerfs. But the buffs are fairly minor so I think it's fine and won't mess up the balance much: jump HP hits three times instead of only twice, charging the basket for Shyness & Strike is dramatically faster, and finally Cheer & Fire uses the VS2 hitboxes (... kinda. Even when I was using VS1's boxes, I already had modified their reach quite a bit, but so I did basically the same thing to VS2's larger boxes. So ultimately my version covers slightly more room than even VS2's boxes).

- This is just a beta so I'm still using an sffv1: I haven't implemented the dual palette thingy, so every palette uses the default "B" palette.

- BBH has some sprites of musical notes that were never used and I was gonna use them for her original intro but I forgot... gotta do this before the official release

- Might change the Apple & Gun command, but it'd still be a button input. I just am not sold on the current sequence. Right now it's like, the exact opposite of Talbain's button input super, but I was thinking of having it start with MP or something, cuz that's a good button for her.
Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 09:08:40 pm by Jmorphman
#6298  May 24, 2021, 05:21:53 pm
Man she is very fun.

I really like some of the buffs, the speed up on the basket hit is really nice.
She even has all of her good buttons, the dashes are also dope.

Your really nailed her high mobility and buttons.

Oh yeah, does Cool Hunting or whaterever the hyper with the hunters, is it supposed to go over the OP when its not super close ?

Good job Jman.

#6299  May 25, 2021, 01:59:44 am
    • USA
The Hunter projectiles should fly above the heads of most characters (except if they're really really tall). BBH has to hit grounded opponents with her short range uzi fire in order to knock the opponent upwards into the missiles.

I spent quite a bit of time adding dynamic hitvels and tweaking them so that the move would be way more consistent; in source, if you did the move too close to the opponent, they'd get knocked upwards by BBH but then not travel enough horizontally to get hit by the Hunter's gunfire, so they just harmlessly fall to the floor and recover before BBH does. That's dumb, so I tried to make sure that kind of thing didn't happen.
#6300  May 30, 2021, 11:18:06 pm
    • USA
Hi Jmorphman, this question is related to your Chun. So, a blast from the past. My question was if you by any chance remember which moves did you draw inspiration from SF4? (besides Hosenka Ultra 1).... is her EX SBK more like 3S or more like SF4?
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place