YesNoOk

lets have a discussion about P.o.t.S. Style  (Read 22227 times)

Started by Memo, August 24, 2016, 06:16:07 am
Share this topic:
Re: lets have a discussion about P.o.t.S. Style
#61  August 24, 2016, 09:25:29 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Play how? I don't have the XBL version, DC network is long gone, PCSX2 online play is even more laughable than picking EX-Groove and claiming it's legal...
#62  August 24, 2016, 09:27:11 am
  • For honor!
With an All POTS-style Ikemen of course.
Iroha stripped for me
#63  August 24, 2016, 09:27:27 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
If yall do play record that shit post it here, this is starting to sound like Manny vs Floyd part deuce
#64  August 24, 2016, 09:29:29 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
#65  August 24, 2016, 09:30:07 am
    • USA
There are people who play to win. Strictly use whatever means necessary whatever characters to achieve this. There are also that use whomever they like to break that mold.

Aye get your context straight. I use emulator to play. Stop being meta police goodness.
#66  August 24, 2016, 09:30:49 am
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
Who is bragging though? You guys sure turn it from a friendly trash talk kinda thing to a king of games, but whatever. Besides are we not talking playing for fun? I could just infinite you with A groove? A did a play through on hardest with a scrub team using N. Doesn't matter which groove I play. In all serious though.. I'll play you with no groove son. How's that

There's a reason why trash talkers never go that far. You're just contradicting yourself.

Name calling? Okay. You must not play then?
Just like this isn't possible either?
[youtube]https://youtu.be/eLHYKTytp6U[/youtube]
I didn't say any specific character did I? Nah you are just being a hoe for no reason.

JZ how about you play me then? Let's just settle it there?

And now you post a combo from a DIFFERENT groove. :|

With an All POTS-style Ikemen of course.

Sounds like a plan.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#67  August 24, 2016, 09:32:02 am
    • USA
Here you go again so far outta the loop. You can't hear me saying anything so how is it that you pull together a context for me as if you know me personally? Get the fuck outta my face. You don't even go here.

Also.. God.. That example is to show that there are many things possible even undocumented. Smh
Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 10:11:02 am by ReixSeiryu
#68  August 24, 2016, 09:33:34 am
  • The King of Slams
  • Charles Kasshu
    • USA
"Mazamerald."

Oh, God! Let's try not to get off-topic with that bull-crap. Please?

AHEM! Anyway, what do I have to say about this style that hasn't already (Possibly) been said? It's a combination of some of the best mechanics in any fighting game, one of the greatest things to happen to M.U.G.E.N (Other than Dragon Claw), and it works! It just works! Sure, not everyone is going to appreciate every play-style out there (Including P.O.T.S), but there's no need to be pissy, subjective, and a huge ass about it, neither. Sometimes, a simple "I don't like it" would suffice more.  Anyway, I've said my piece.

Your piece is very dismissive and harmful to this thread, which calls for a discussion. 

Except I never meant for it to be. It's not my fault that some people like to belly-ache over pointless things. I just wanted to share my thoughts, that's all. But I appreciate your concern.
#69  August 24, 2016, 09:36:26 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
There are people who play to win. Strictly use whatever means necessary whatever characters to achieve this. There are also that use whomever they like to break that mold.

Aye get your context straight. I use emulator to play. Stop being meta police goodness.

I really don't understand.  You're giving mixed signals.  On one hand you're saying how much you know the game and how good you are but then you are saying you don't take it that seriously.  Either is fine, but you can't have your cake and eat it you know?
#70  August 24, 2016, 09:38:30 am
    • USA
Oh my goodness. For this example.. In MVC I know how to play Vergil, Magneto, and Doom. I can reset all day, but it's boring so I chose to play Ryu, Felcia, and Chun-Li just because. I don't limit myself to tiers. I play whom I like.
#71  August 24, 2016, 09:43:07 am
  • For honor!
I'm more concerned with how much time he has logged onto his console's memory card COMBINED with the time he spent playing it on an emulator. I fear he cannot be stopped with all that practice.
Iroha stripped for me
#72  August 24, 2016, 09:46:03 am
    • USA
SwapMagic not too hard to grasp.
This has def changed to something else though. What started out as a joke/challenge turned into some other shit. If ever want to play let me know if not you guys can continue saying whatever.
#73  August 24, 2016, 09:49:20 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Are you really asking me this? I've probably put more hours into analyzing and disassembling this game than you have playing it. I probably couldn't paint the fence or do any fancy shit like that, but I sure as hell know better than to think EX-Groove is tournament legal. Are you really this stupid?

Well, I don't think painting the fence is that fancy, really. It's only really hard to do from the back end of the screen, then again, my experience in doing it is limited to my friends and me dicking around in training mode, in a real match I can't even imagine, I screw up that shoryuken motion very easily.
#74  August 24, 2016, 09:51:42 am
When I first got a POTS style char I was like SWEET SFEX2 style char, then I played a bit more with it, and its a nice mix of CVS2 and SFEX2, dude did a good job mixing them.
People thinking POTS invented all those mechanics are young, or did no play the old school shit.
Speaking of accuracy Kamekaze and Froz  said pots has done a lot of guesswork, thats not the problem as long as the char playes fine its all right. Rei MJ is the best dancer :P
Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 10:08:57 am by PeXXeR
#75  August 24, 2016, 09:52:41 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I'm more concerned with how much time he has logged onto his console's memory card COMBINED with the time he spent playing it on an emulator. I fear he cannot be stopped with all that practice.

Thats why Im betting a $100.00 on rei and I'm paying for the ppv, who's bringing the beer?
#76  August 24, 2016, 10:00:13 am
    • USA
Aye I am trying to make some easy money lol
You have to get in on it as well though & Duos
PeXXer be going in as well.

I felt like today, I put enough "lol" and other gestures to make sure none took things out of context, but they still somehow fucked it up.
Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 10:06:06 am by ReixSeiryu
#77  August 24, 2016, 10:10:25 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Are you trying to do the "I was trolling" shtick?
#78  August 24, 2016, 10:11:33 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Pots is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you gonna get.
#79  August 24, 2016, 10:14:41 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
I know you're just shitposting but... that's actually correct, if the chocolates have shit filling in half of them.
#80  August 24, 2016, 10:16:12 am
    • USA
I was having fun/making fun and someone just had to come along and make things all annoying. Everyone was going along with the vibe then had to make it all serious & bitchy. As for the game you'll just have to play me & see all this talk ain't gonna solve anything.