YesNoOk

GTA4 discussion & in-game stories (Read 19298 times)

Started by #Shaun, April 30, 2008, 03:44:35 am
Share this topic:
Re: GTA4 discussion & in-game stories
#21  May 01, 2008, 04:51:29 am
  • PSN: Cloudius12
    • www.twitter.com/Cloudius12

DMK

#22  May 01, 2008, 05:47:42 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
The engine is very nice and the R.A.G.E. one Rockstar designed themselves goes along with it.

Mutiple games coming out will start to use it, like the new Star Wars game Unleashed.

I'm sure their just scratching the service of what this engine could really bring to indepth reality gaming.  :)

So far the game has been incredible. I love driveing for once, although it feels the computer has better skills overall after I seen them take corners compared to me with little to no effort and you can tell each car is diffrent weight and driveingwise.

Guns and combat system are sweet. Locking on and free aim is a simple pressure and when locked up a simple move the bumper and you'll be getting headshots like a bro although having some downsides and cover not always acting like cover.

Fighting now has three diffrent buttons compared to one in GTA3 and two in GTA:SA where one button "triangle" is used for the moves you learned from gyms and the reguler "circle" button used for run of the mill stree fighting(My favorite style being karate and being able to jump kick into peds and police  :sugoi:), So now basicly you have three buttons to fight people with. One(for the PS3 version) is "square" and you basicly knee/kick your opponent. The second "triangle" is a punch or if pressed during times of the third button hand to hand combat attack "circle" you can do some pretty nasty things. Be careful because if you arn't close enough at times you'll completely miss your opponent and get beaten down easily.

tl;dr incredble new combo of game engines, interesting fun gameplay, and a sure buy for really anyone for the mutitude of diffrent things to do and see in-game.  :)
Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 06:00:29 am by DMK
#23  May 01, 2008, 10:26:38 am
  • what a shame
    • Iran
I will definitely get it once its released on the PC (previous GTA games were released a few months after the console release)
#24  May 01, 2008, 05:49:24 pm
  • its'a me reuisu...sadly
The game looks great and the story is cool so far. But when I get in a car the game loses all it value. The driving is so realistic that it almost fake. I mean driving is utterly unfun in this game. if you hit a little bump in the road your car ends up flying of the road(worst physics ever) I did a 1080 degree spin on a moped in the air and the E brake is usless in this game. I mean why give a car a E brake if all the cars are just gona fly into a building or other cars every time... ITS SOOO UNFUN lol . other than that its a good game
The Artist Formerly Known As Dorito
#25  May 01, 2008, 05:57:44 pm
  • Now your gonna feel my hooks! OH YEAH!!
#26  May 01, 2008, 06:14:09 pm
  • corner push pusher
I remember buying Vice City the day it came out before I actually owned a PS2. My crappy afterschool job was going to fund for both and I figured "hey, better to have the game than the system right now. Vice City will be sold out before any PS2 would."

And I was right  8). Four days later I got my PS2 and enjoyed VC with no disappointments.
#27  May 01, 2008, 08:00:52 pm
Anyone here happen to know if it were to freeze on the Xbox 360, would it freeze at the same place as PS3 or elsewhere?

Just tried it and it got past the PS3, freezing part, but...dont know if it different from the Xbox 360...

my Gta 4 story XD
Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 08:32:51 pm by Cloudius
#28  May 02, 2008, 12:12:42 am
  • I've got ballllls of steeellll.
The most interesting thing I've seen with the AI so far is a cop handcuffing this overweight punk on the sidewalk.  The cop is then saying so many hilarious disrespectful things to the guy (remarks fitting the situation so perfectly) I can barely recall much said  The two of them walk about 50 feet to the cop car with two cops already sitting in the front seats.  Before getting into the car, the cop slams the poor alleged criminal's body against the car door and tells him to get in.  Once inside the car, I decide to mess with the situation and run over to stand infront of the police car to block it.  In San Andreas, they would've just stayed there forever waiting for me until I move out of the way.  The brutality and realism of what happened next left me shocked. 

They waited for about 2-3 seconds reacting to me standing infront of their car.  Apparently, they NEEDED to put this guy away (note: they seemed aware that there was a massive truck parked behind them).  I heard somebody yell at me to move, followed by the cop car's sirens and lights being activated.  Just a second after that, as I boldly remained standing a foot infront of this car from getting back to the station, they hit the gas as heard as possible and attemped to run me down!  With my lightning-fast reflexes, I jumped straight up and landed on the hood.  Again in San Andreas, I'd probably remain standing on the hood until they arrived at their destination.  Not with the fantastically realistic physics in this game.  I fell down while still on the hood and rolled all the way back on the car until I fell off beyond the trunk.  I then heard a cocky laugh come from somewhere, assuming it was one of those 3 cops in the car.  Before I could jack a car to chase it down for my sweet revenge, it was gone.

The game looks great and the story is cool so far. But when I get in a car the game loses all it value. The driving is so realistic that it almost fake. I mean driving is utterly unfun in this game. if you hit a little bump in the road your car ends up flying of the road(worst physics ever) I did a 1080 degree spin on a moped in the air and the E brake is usless in this game. I mean why give a car a E brake if all the cars are just gona fly into a building or other cars every time
Really?  I have a few gripes of my own so far (VERY few) but I find the driving aspects have been nearly perfectly applied.  It IS realistic, and I find that realism (especially when unique handling with every different car) to be very refreshing and fun as well.  I've heard in reviews it's supposedly more difficult to get the hang of driving on PS3, but I'm playing it on PS3 and picked it up immediately.  Sure, if you're rushing like hell you may just spin out and/or crash.  It's supposed to be a challenge, which may take a lot of practice to master.
#29  May 02, 2008, 03:46:46 am
  • SSBB owns!!
    • www.bmarquis.com/forum/index.php
Well I was playing today and I just felt like fucking around. Well I was driving so fast I really couldnt see that well and I was drunk so that made it so much worse. I drove right into a barrier, went through the windsheild and fell into the water.

Let's Go!!! But PM me if you added me.
#30  May 02, 2008, 03:59:16 am
  • corner push pusher
#31  May 02, 2008, 04:15:07 am
well, I played some of it and some physics are a little over the top. Great play tho.

Driving super fast and ditch at the last second before hitting the guard rails, i still went over the guard rails, landed near some trash cans.

Driving fast and hit another car, i flew out of the wind shield flying headfirst into another guys's head on the side walk XD

The driving controls and driving itself takes some getting use to

JNi

#32  May 02, 2008, 04:36:30 am
    • JonathanAM.webs.com

«latest release on: December,25,2009,»
#33  May 02, 2008, 04:40:06 am
  • Never give up
We've already seen gameplay videos, but thanks.... I guess.
#34  May 02, 2008, 04:42:07 am
  • corner push pusher
SFX of that machine gun is awesome.

Speaking of which, is the sub-machine gun still the only weapon permissible while driving?
#35  May 02, 2008, 05:00:30 am
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
holy crap, i cant believe it: the hookers ACTUALLY do something to you now! just saw a vid of a fat chic riding the main character  :-X

4/27/09 - Nameless V1 Released
*********Current Projects on Temp. Hold*********

DMK

#36  May 02, 2008, 08:51:58 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
SFX of that machine gun is awesome.

Speaking of which, is the sub-machine gun still the only weapon permissible while driving?

Nope. Gernades and handguns so far for me. Haven't tryed much of anything else.
#37  May 02, 2008, 02:20:25 pm
  • SSBB owns!!
    • www.bmarquis.com/forum/index.php
Hmmm...well lets see I got bored yesterday so I was driving around. and I felt the need to kill people I run like 5 people over and hit the wall. I back up and see a crack in the wallthen I look at the front of the car and it was all red...but the car was white....

Let's Go!!! But PM me if you added me.
#38  May 02, 2008, 09:36:26 pm
#39  May 02, 2008, 11:10:24 pm
  • Never give up
#40  May 02, 2008, 11:18:40 pm
  • idk
    • www.freewebs.com/dehvidtillos
If they think gta games are going to make kids murders. Then they should take a look at the back of the box; The M stands for little kids back the hell off. So if you buy it for your kids it's your fault.

End of story...