YesNoOk

SSF2T Akuma by felineki updated 9/20/2015 - Custom+ mode added! (Read 193156 times)

Started by felineki, February 06, 2014, 12:09:36 am
Share this topic:
Re: SSF2T Akuma by felineki updated 2/7/2014
#21  February 08, 2014, 05:30:51 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
um ew? why is this a thing?

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#22  February 08, 2014, 05:34:15 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#23  February 08, 2014, 05:39:04 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
No way. How have I never noticed this?
#24  February 08, 2014, 05:40:29 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
So much for being a Capcom Expert! >:-(
#25  February 08, 2014, 05:41:38 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Not with dinosaurs!
#26  February 08, 2014, 05:53:52 am
  • I work at Elecbyte as a sexy janitor.
    • USA
    • tamez.smeenet.org
implemented vomit/blood/sweat effects.

Awesome!  Love that attention to detail, not that I would expect less from you, sir. 

I always liked those effects.  Back when Mortal Kombat first came out and everyone was making a big deal about the blood, I always thought it was funny that no one complained that SF2 had characters who punched you so hard you puked. 
#27  February 08, 2014, 05:57:32 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
I remember my friends back in Tuscaloosa talking about how Dee Jay made your nose bleed. This must have been what they were referring to was the blood sparks that would randomly appear (that I never noticed probably due to censorship in some of the later versions).
#28  February 08, 2014, 06:00:36 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Not to mention Zangief being literally covered in spots of blood.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#29  February 08, 2014, 06:05:19 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
I assume all the timings and velocities are for Normal, not Turbo, right?
#30  February 08, 2014, 06:10:19 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Yes.
Unfortunately that means he's based on normal speed, so he's pretty slow. I might make a psuedo-turbo version eventually, but given the nature of turbo speeds it's a pretty dicey prospect.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#31  February 08, 2014, 06:19:02 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
I had no idea it was an actual thing in the game I still think its gross but hey accuracy I guess. im going to erase any thoughts I had with the author and his possible puke fetish I was under the impression of now.

soooo yeah sorry about that feli.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#32  February 08, 2014, 01:21:16 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Loving all the attention to details, this is a very nice character. :)
The research you did seems pretty fabulous, with a lot of stuff people probably never noticed or knew about (Lower damage when arm is fully raised, for example).

- Debug flood : Players Akuma's Helper in state 5302 : expression truncated to integer.
- Since you're placing P2 in a custom state for each attack, wouldn't it be possible to get an accurate ground velocity in hitdefs that also works under non default friction value ? Not that it's a big deal anyway...
- Readme is full of typo for the commands (Gou Hadouken and Tatsumaki Zanku Kyaku), even though I'm sure people know how to perform these moves already. :P
- You didn't list Shakunetsu Hadouken, or whatever it's called for him.
#33  February 08, 2014, 01:37:04 pm
    • USA
I'm surprised that nobody asked him to add a toggle to turn on censorship lol. Puke, ew! Gross!
#34  February 08, 2014, 01:55:24 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
As long as he isn't Kuromaru compatible nor does he pee in the ground when he loses... ::)
#35  February 08, 2014, 02:49:46 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
on 1.0

this is the definitive sf2 character so far, and it has been a long, long time. too bad it had to be the one thats banned
#36  February 08, 2014, 04:49:32 pm
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
Loving all the attention to details, this is a very nice character. :)
The research you did seems pretty fabulous, with a lot of stuff people probably never noticed or knew about (Lower damage when arm is fully raised, for example).

- Debug flood : Players Akuma's Helper in state 5302 : expression truncated to integer.
- Since you're placing P2 in a custom state for each attack, wouldn't it be possible to get an accurate ground velocity in hitdefs that also works under non default friction value ? Not that it's a big deal anyway...
- Readme is full of typo for the commands (Gou Hadouken and Tatsumaki Zanku Kyaku), even though I'm sure people know how to perform these moves already. :P
- You didn't list Shakunetsu Hadouken, or whatever it's called for him.
Thanks for the feedback! Although I did do a lot of research myself, I also borrowed from a lot of other people who have thoroughly studied SF2. I've listed some of the most helpful sources in the readme.

The debug flood is probably from the calculations for the dizzy icons' orbits. I neglected to add a Floor to those. For what it's worth, 1.1's debug doesn't say anything.

The way I have the ground velocities set up is like this: If the character goes into the custom state, they perfectly recreate SF2's ground slide, which is basically a predefined arbitrary sequence of PosAdds. If they don't go into the custom state, then the HitDefs have default hit velocities set up that will have them end up at the proper distance under Kung Fu Man's default friction settings. This was necessary to ensure that they traveled the proper distance when blocking an attack and such. There are other things set up this way, such as the bounce Y velocity for knockdown attacks.

Good catches on the readme, getting those fixed now.

Surprised how many people didn't know about the vomit effects in SF2! On that subject, I noticed last night that they would even appear when he blocked, which is pretty amusing albeit wrong. I'm currently working on fixing that and getting a mode selection implemented.

I've also recently noticed that if his light Hadouken attempts to dizzy the opponent at long range, it messes up (the dizzy icons appear and stay indefinitely, but the opponent stays in standing hitstun). They work fine at close range, as do the other Hadoukens, so I'm not sure what's wrong yet.
#37  February 09, 2014, 01:18:52 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Setting the character to go into custom states might not be the best idea. I'll try to look into it before I give a definitive answer on that, though.
Yep, it's not a good idea:

It may do things to characters with super armor, too. Gonna check those now.

Also, you're using MUGEN's cornerpush, blegh. Switch to Vans's cornerpush system. MUGEN's cornerpush only works if the opponent is RIGHT in the corner, rather than just close to the corner like it is in every game ever. The way MUGEN applies velocities for cornerpush is weird, too.
Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 01:27:06 am by Jesuszilla
#38  February 09, 2014, 02:18:57 am
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
I'm not exactly sure what's going on in those screenshots, could you explain please? Also I actually did implement a custom cornerpush system that had been working fine as far as I could tell. It was even set up to detect whether the opponent was in the custom hitstate or not and react accordingly. If it's not working for you, could you explain the circumstances under which it's failing so I can investigate?
#39  February 09, 2014, 02:32:28 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
If I may, there's a strange bug involving the slowdown caused by his air fireball. If you throw it out on a jump, do J.HK(with excellent timing, can't really explain it, you gotta try multiple times perhaps), and then try to do a different crouching normal, you get his sweep. It's...weird.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#40  February 09, 2014, 02:41:37 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
He's using the normal gethits in yours, when he should be using the Orochi gethits like in Eagle's screenshot.

And weird, guess it must've just been in my head. Something somewhere felt like MUGEN cornerpush.

EDIT: Wait what, E_H? His sweep? With me, he just jabs repeatedly when I do what you said. Same if I do c.LK.