YesNoOk

SSF2T Akuma by felineki updated 9/20/2015 - Custom+ mode added! (Read 193034 times)

Started by felineki, February 06, 2014, 12:09:36 am
Share this topic:
Re: SSF2T Akuma by felineki updated 2/25/2014 - Ten mode added!
#61  February 26, 2014, 01:38:55 am
  • "Let Us Cling Together."
* Awesome update!
* One thing to suggest is to have him use all the Shin and Ten moves all in one.
* Also when he finishes the opponent, he should stay on that pose.
* Whats left to fix is, when you start the next match with Shin/Ten modes selected from the first match, he reverts back to normal mode for the rest of arcade mode or whatever mode you chose to play.
#62  February 26, 2014, 01:56:07 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
* Awesome update!
* One thing to suggest is to have him use all the Shin and Ten moves all in one.
* Also when he finishes the opponent, he should stay on that pose.
* Whats left to fix is, when you start the next match with Shin/Ten modes selected from the first match, he reverts back to normal mode for the rest of arcade mode or whatever mode you chose to play.

I have suspect the reason for that is this character is reverting all, or most of the variables back like any normal Mugen character. This should be an easy fix to do, but I rather wait for an official fix by the author. ;)

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#63  February 26, 2014, 01:58:40 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
This is only based off of the arcade versions though so I doubt it

Hey will you have an option to change his KO cry to Balrog's like in Hyper SF2?
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#64  February 26, 2014, 02:15:50 am
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
Yeah, I overlooked overriding the variable reset in state 5900. I'll fix that tomorrow, I'm going to be heading to bed pretty soon. Thanks for the heads-up.
#65  February 26, 2014, 02:38:01 am
* Also when he finishes the opponent, with Shungokusatsu he should stay on that pose. *
Re: SSF2T Akuma by felineki updated 2/26/2014 - Ten mode added!
#66  February 26, 2014, 09:56:08 am
In the Dreamcast version he just goes into one of his two normal winposes after recovering from the post-SGS pose. I suppose staying in the post-SGS pose might look cooler, but I'm aiming for accuracy.

As for Revival and HD Remix, like MightyKombat says, I'm primarily working from the original arcade game, and for my purposes I'd consider those to be separate games. HD Remix had some pretty indepth rebalancing done, and I wouldn't be surprised if Revival had lots of differences in frame data and such due to having to be remade to fit a smaller resolution screen.

Minor update: Mode selection now persists between matches.

Download Link
#67  February 26, 2014, 05:25:58 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Yea. Sometimes I have an eye for detail when it comes to graphics. I can tell that the character sprites used in Turbo Revival are SNES style to fit the GBA screen.

#68  February 26, 2014, 06:06:21 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Nice Update felineki! :D

That's a great work man, i congratulate you for that. ;)
#69  February 27, 2014, 03:36:14 am
Loving this update so far! Most accurate SSF2T/X Akuma/Gouki ever for Mugen.
#70  February 27, 2014, 02:44:13 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Yea. Sometimes I have an eye for detail when it comes to graphics. I can tell that the character sprites used in Turbo Revival are SNES style to fit the GBA screen.

They are judging by Cammy's colour saturation and the lack of proper walk backward sprites for everyone save Akuma.
#71  March 13, 2014, 08:10:08 pm
Sorry for bumping, but have you (Felineki) considered about adding the unused frames from here?

It's not for the gameplay or the animations, but like a "bonus" (if we can call it) you can view in the .sff. Pretty much like discovering the hidden frames in the rom...
#72  March 13, 2014, 08:23:37 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
I'm pretty sure he at least fixed the aura frames though.
#73  March 13, 2014, 08:48:04 pm
I'm the one who posted those frames to TCRF, and I actually have implemented many of them into this Mugen incarnation. That's part of the "graphical touchups" I mentioned in the opening post. I fixed the aura animation as MightyKombat noted, I implemented the vertical jumping kick frames, and I implemented the electrocution sprite. The rolling throw sprites will eventually be used in the Custom mode, and the standard Hadouken windup sprites will find use in the mystery mode. I thought about implementing the startup frame for the standing hard kick, but as it is the startup of that move is so quick that if I tried to work that frame in while keeping the timing the same it doesn't end up looking good. The frame is currently in the SFF, though.

Next thing to do is probably going to be getting reversals working properly and implement the handicap system. Once those are working, I'll release an update then start working on Custom mode.
Re: SSF2T Akuma by felineki updated 3/21/2014 - Ten mode added!
#74  March 21, 2014, 10:38:34 am

Update: Reversals and auto-handicap implemented! Watch your damage output magically increase when you're behind in rounds! There should also be an increase in defense, but that's currently not working due to DefenceMulSet being borked. The code is there however, so should DefenceMulSet get fixed in a future version of Mugen, it should hopefully work.

This update involved rewriting and adding quite a bit of code, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are some bugs. I'd greatly appreciate test play and feedback.

Next up: Custom mode.

Download Link

Also I'm officially dedicating this character to Doraemariby/Pocketeomon, who just can't stand SF2-accurate characters. This Akuma's for you!
#75  March 21, 2014, 11:23:05 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
 :XD: im sure he will heavily appreciate it

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#76  March 21, 2014, 12:01:22 pm
Oh yes, he will. :devilish:
#77  April 06, 2014, 12:54:00 am

Progress report: Custom mode is coming along well. Rolling throw, air throw, hop kick, dive kick, and forward roll are all implemented and running smoothly. All that's left to do is Hyakki Shu, but that's a pretty complicated move so it might take a while. Hopefully custom mode should be released within the month, though.
#78  April 06, 2014, 01:34:46 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Can't wait to see how this all feels with a SF2 gameplay. :)
#79  April 06, 2014, 04:21:11 am
  • Video Game Veteran
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Wait..... Are you telling me in this update there is not only a normal SSF2T, but there's a classic SF2 mode Akuma as well? o_O

Though I'm interested in the custom mode though. :)

Also, I don't know if this will effect accuracy, but is there any chance that normal Akuma can have a dizzy state for a second, while Shin Akuma can never go in to a dizzy state? Considering normal Akuma would be weaker than Shin mode Akuma.

Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 04:31:22 am by Sheng Long
#80  April 06, 2014, 04:43:28 am
It's still SSF2T based, just with some extra stuff added in. Also in the source game both normal and Shin Akuma have the same behavior with regards to dizzy. They never actually go into the dizzy state, they just recover from wakeup like they would any other time.