YesNoOk

Knuckles8864's WiPs - Captaining the Command(o) (Yagami Update) (Read 621061 times)

Started by Knuckles8864, February 14, 2017, 03:34:40 am
Share this topic:

Poll

After Yamazaki, what's next?

Update Iori Yagami?
6 (7.6%)
Update Dhalsim?
2 (2.5%)
Raiden or Maki Update?
9 (11.4%)
Captain Commando?
38 (48.1%)
5th Option?!
24 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Voting closed: August 31, 2019, 03:34:00 pm

Re: Knuckles8864's WiPs - Captaining the Command(o) (Crazy Guy Update)
#781  January 08, 2020, 06:32:58 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
-EX Shadow Serpent (the alternate). I did have it, but I overwrote it before. (Whoops.)
-Level 5 Drill. (Need to decide how to activate it after Level 4 animation.)
-Freak-Out Fist.

Ah, Ok.

-Alternate EX Shadow Serpent... I'm assuming your referring to the one where does all 3 versions in a row, like when you delay it long enough in RB2 & his EX form in KOF98UM?

-It says in KOF 98UM, you can preform Level 5 Drill after getting to Level 4 Drill by pressing A+B+C at the same time, which is also how it's preformed in RB2.

The KOF version differs in that you need an additional stock of meter to use level 5, much like Iori's Saika follow up to Ya Otome in KOF 2001 onward. I'd say maybe make it like Saika for the Level 1 version of Drill, & then you activate with 3 punch or 3 kick buttons, though it's ultimately up to you.

-Freak Out Fist is his KOF 2003 LDM, right?
#782  January 09, 2020, 01:07:46 pm
  • Was it something I said?
-That's the one.

-It's simpler in those because they're 4 button games instead of 6. Eh. I might make it like that.

-And there's two versions of the move too (regular and MAX), and both will get the same treatment.

-That's right. Or there's the "...!!", which is basically the same thing, but he does a grab instead, but in KoF 2003, he runs up to his opponent and stabs them with his knife, which is very similar to a move called Nightmare from Insanity, if I recall. So, I'm trying to figure out which one should I use.
#783  February 26, 2020, 08:34:26 am
Sorry for the double-post, but it's been a while since I've had some progress.

Yamazaki's Level 5 is finally done. Only 2 things to do is to give it a proper damage, and an actual way to make it come out, unless I make it A+B+C to make instantly come out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxyIzkjXEVI

11:20 is the "Level 1" version, and 12:36 is the "Level 2" version. Anyone have a rough estimate of how much of his opponent's health is gone?
Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 08:54:49 am by Knuckles8864
#784  February 26, 2020, 06:32:49 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
I dunno, but 20% more damage at most seems like a good estimate.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#785  May 03, 2020, 12:53:42 pm
Hey all. Hope you're doing well and safe. Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while here, but I wanted to let you know of an update to my first character, Iori.

Here's a beta for the update.

There's been quite a bit that has changed from the previous, such as hitboxes for both Iori's, redone supers and among other things. Most credit to KarmaChameleon for the updated hitboxes, and vans for other things, like a new, redone Level 1 of Saku Tsumagushi!

Note that all is not done yet, such as damage being the same, Level 2's not updated yet, and I'm debating if I want to make Ya Sakazuki more CvS damage-wise, or KoF damage-wise, and a few things here and there. Please enjoy, and let me know if you want to see more with Iori.
#786  May 03, 2020, 12:55:27 pm
    • UK
So you're focusing on Updates now? Yama n' Iori first, then Capcom?
WIP Schedule:
#787  May 03, 2020, 01:06:46 pm
Pretty much. I'm kind of having a mental black with Capcom, so I'm focusing on updates for Yammy and Iori for now.
#788  May 04, 2020, 02:28:31 pm
    • UK
You forgot to adapt the Jump to the Buffering, so it gives an error involving a "highjump" command that's been ousted.
Sames goes for, as an example, the Zero Counter.
WIP Schedule:
#789  May 10, 2020, 06:33:33 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Finally got the chance to test the Iori beta. Here's what I got:

-He can't hit the opponent if they got hit by Ura 108 Shiki: Ya Sakazuki in the air.
-MAX Shiki 311: Saku Tsumagushi causes him to freeze once the move is activated.
-The last hit of EX 127 Shiki: Aoi Hana can miss and won't connect if done too quickly.
-The EX activation sound effect got cut off on EX 100 Shiki: Oniyaki.
-There is no rush sound effect on the startup of Shiki 1201: Ya Otome (Look at KarmaChameleon's version for the sound effect. There is a dash sound effect, but it doesn't work as there's no dust effect anywhere).

Unfortunately, he's got some problems that doesn't exist on the old version and broken a couple of things. But since this is a beta, hopefully they will be taken care of when the official update is out.

And I noticed these were missed:
-Sakahagi takes a second to hit after being grabbed (This bugs me as it looks like the characters freeze for a second).
-The effects on 100 Shiki: Oniyaki, Tsumagushi and Shiki 311: Saku Tsumagushi has shadows.
-Shiki 100: Oni Homura has no effects except for the last hit.
-San Shingi no Ni has no envshake on the final explosion.
-Orochi Iori's level 1 Shiki 1201: Ya Otome has no strong shockwave sound effect on the strong ground shockwaves.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#790  May 10, 2020, 11:46:29 am
You forgot to adapt the Jump to the Buffering, so it gives an error involving a "highjump" command that's been ousted.
Sames goes for, as an example, the Zero Counter.

Ah. You must be using the regular Normals and such. I did the updates for the B-files. But, not to worry. I decided to abandon that concept entirely, and now it's all one file for each of them, so less data for you all! The only downside is you still have to use the OrochiSprites and AnimOrochi files for Orochi Iori, since MUGEN will still regularly use the first sprites, which'll be still Regular Iori if you care about that minor detail.

Finally got the chance to test the Iori beta. Here's what I got:

-He can't hit the opponent if they got hit by Ura 108 Shiki: Ya Sakazuki in the air.
-MAX Shiki 311: Saku Tsumagushi causes him to freeze once the move is activated.
-The last hit of EX 127 Shiki: Aoi Hana can miss and won't connect if done too quickly.
-The EX activation sound effect got cut off on EX 100 Shiki: Oniyaki.
-There is no rush sound effect on the startup of Shiki 1201: Ya Otome (Look at KarmaChameleon's version for the sound effect. There is a dash sound effect, but it doesn't work as there's no dust effect anywhere).

Unfortunately, he's got some problems that doesn't exist on the old version and broken a couple of things. But since this is a beta, hopefully they will be taken care of when the official update is out.

And I noticed these were missed:
-Sakahagi takes a second to hit after being grabbed (This bugs me as it looks like the characters freeze for a second).
-The effects on 100 Shiki: Oniyaki, Tsumagushi and Shiki 311: Saku Tsumagushi has shadows.
-Shiki 100: Oni Homura has no effects except for the last hit.
-San Shingi no Ni has no envshake on the final explosion.
-Orochi Iori's level 1 Shiki 1201: Ya Otome has no strong shockwave sound effect on the strong ground shockwaves.

-Thought I fixed that, but I fixed it now.
-Haven't updated the MAX version of that move yet, so I'll get around to that. Guess my question is will I still want to use my slightly original concept, or just go with the closest source material, to make it more like the Level 1 variation and add 8 more hits to it?
-Adjusted the jump part, and the launch time.
-Fixed.
-I'll add both to them.

Yeah, it's more of a rework this time around, mostly fixing possible issues and such. But I'll get it all fixed up.

-Adjusted the time for the grab, so it comes out much faster.
-Fixed, I think. Is it a MUGEN 1.0 problem?
-The fire for Oni Homura is debatable. In CvS2, which is where it originates from (it could be from CvS1 too, but I forget.), it's only used by Orochi Iori,and it's practically Ken's Shoryureppa. Later versions have normal Iori attack with fire from the 2-3 times he hits.
-Added.
-I'll add something to it.
#791  May 10, 2020, 02:30:16 pm
    • USA
-Haven't updated the MAX version of that move yet, so I'll get around to that. Guess my question is will I still want to use my slightly original concept, or just go with the closest source material, to make it more like the Level 1 variation and add 8 more hits to it?
-Fixed, I think. Is it a MUGEN 1.0 problem?
-The fire for Oni Homura is debatable. In CvS2, which is where it originates from (it could be from CvS1 too, but I forget.), it's only used by Orochi Iori,and it's practically Ken's Shoryureppa. Later versions have normal Iori attack with fire from the 2-3 times he hits.
-Honestly, I think you should just stick with your slightly original concept. Karma's version is already close to source material, so it's nice to have a little bit more variation and creativity. My opinion of course.
-Yes, I was using 1.0.
-Yeah, I just realized that. I may have told Falcon Rapper to add it in his Iori and forgot that KarmaChameleon's didn't had them (Another reason why I didn't mention the flames were missing on the opponent during Shiki 108: Ya Sakazuki as Karma didn't have them either).
Re: Knuckles8864's WiPs - Captaining the Command(o) (Yagami Update)
#792  July 27, 2020, 12:04:05 pm
-Honestly, I think you should just stick with your slightly original concept. Karma's version is already close to source material, so it's nice to have a little bit more variation and creativity. My opinion of course.
-Yes, I was using 1.0.
-Yeah, I just realized that. I may have told Falcon Rapper to add it in his Iori and forgot that KarmaChameleon's didn't had them (Another reason why I didn't mention the flames were missing on the opponent during Shiki 108: Ya Sakazuki as Karma didn't have them either).

-I've made both, config to choose which one you want.
-I'll have to double check that.
-It's no problem.

Anyways, sorry for the long wait.

I've made a new update for Iori.

This fixes many of the things posted before, added a new voice for Orochi Iori. It's determined in the config if you want the CvS voice or KoF voice, added new FX and...
A new EX mode, based on KoF: XIV!
I'm determining if I should make 311 Shiki: Tsumagushi exclusive to that mode, since early Iori doesn't have that move, and I'll change the EX to make them bounce just like the source. Also, some things are still in beta, mostly the Level 3, Kin 1218 Shiki: Yatagarasu.
Like, I'm not feeling great on how I did the sparks of Ura 1018 Shiki: Yashiori, but it was the closest thing I could find.
Also, I'd like to formally apologize for the request for the Spritesheet Expansion Thread I made a while back without any proof that I was working on the things to begin with. I honestly feel bad if I ask again, it would be considered quite rude/demanding of it, and I don't want it to come off as that. I think the first two requests (the last attack from 127 Shiki: Aoi Hana, and the animation for the charge and release for Ura 1018 Shiki: Yashiori), but one I'm not satisfied with what is provided right now the animation for Yatagarasu (just the slash part, anyway. I can use the Chi No Bousou shake for it, and there are some animations for the slashing sparks when begins to charges in). So, I'd like to apologize for that again. If I must work with what I got, it's not a big dead. It is what it is.

Anyway, some random questions for you all that I haven't decided yet:
-Should EX mode also get Chi No Bousou option, or leave it as it is?
-Should Chi No Bousou have an alternate attack like from Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, or is that too much like Karma's version?
-How strong should Yashiori be?
-Is Ura 108 Shiki: Ya Sakazaki a bit too nerfed when compared to the now?
-Palettes for EX mode... which ones should I use?
-Anything else I should change?
#793  July 27, 2020, 01:26:57 pm
    • UK
Not much but:
1. Orochi Iori's SFF and Anim files probably need updating as me might be missing some anims, mainly for his Yaotome.
2. No EX Iori def file?
3. EX Sound cut-off during EX's EX Oniyaki.
4. Yatagarasu is done with only 1 Kick Button.
5. You can infinite with EX's EX Yami Barai in the corner and it has Poweradd on the 2nd hit: https://streamable.com/miosaw
6. AI doesn't seem to apply to EX Iori.

I might suggest adding a few things from XIII for his EX Mode like the EX Yami Barai that stuns like Ya Sakazuki, seeing the current EX already has a stun.

Also anything for Cap Com or Yama aswell?
WIP Schedule:
Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 02:41:33 pm by RagingRowen
#794  July 27, 2020, 05:56:34 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
I feel extremely cheated here. In your ReadMe you credited me for hitboxes but this Iori has way more stuff from my Iori than hitboxes.

Most of your old code (Hero's and H's code actually) was replaced with mine, which is source accurate. Some of them I can say "okay, he used JZ's data tool so he might have arrived at the same veloticies", but other pieces make me feel sure that you took everything from my Iori. The worst offenders are MAX Ya Sakazuki and Tsumagushi.

There's no other MAX Ya Sakazuki coded in MUGEN like mine. All of them are coded like KoF, which is inaccurate to CvS2. Most of them (your old version included) spawn a flame pillar after the flame pillar animation is done. This is an easy but inaccurate way to code this move. In CvS2, the flame pillar comes before the flame pillar animation is finished. Coding this properly took so much effort that you can't imagine. DivineWolf is a witness of this. I was stubborn and wanted to code the move by myself without referencing other's work because no Iori was accurate in this department. I arrived at the -3 after a lot of testing. You copy pasted my code down to the ID number of the helpers and called it a day. You fixed the flame particle bug so props for that I guess?

Tsumagushi is the other move that makes me sure you took most from my Iori. The move was not present on CvS2 so I made it by comparing the veloticies from SvC to the ones in CvS2. Your version uses the exact same lines of code.

You even took the single frame absent on Froz's Color Separation that I separated myself. Because he used Hero's .sff as base he didn't noticed there was a special stupid frame for air Custom Combo. I noticed. I added it to my Iori.

I could go on and on and on and on. I'm sure at least 80% of the veloticies on your Iori were taken from mine.

Now, I'm 100% open source, so anything you used from my Iori is fair game. The thing that pisses me off if that you're not crediting me properly:

Code:
 - KarmaChameleon for CvS based hitboxes (huge shoutout)

Huge shoutout but not honest at all. You know there is way more than CvS2 based hitboxes. You knew you were using my data. You did more than referencing my MAX Ya Sakazuki. The only reason you're not calling this an edit is because you had the template beforehand, but you know it is. This is no different than Rei's pasting PotS code on Memo's template. If this Iori feel any less clunky is because of my time, not yours. I strive for getting better with any single character I work on, and yes, my Iori is starting to show how inexperienced I was as a coder back then (which is why an update is one the way), but I still invested a lot of time and effort and I want this to be credited properly.
#795  July 27, 2020, 10:56:57 pm

That's honestly fair. I completely forgot about that. Thank you very much for calling me out on it. I did ask you a long time ago, and I humbly apologize again for it. I added it in. And I do want to try to get better at finding my own way of finding out all of it. It's totally unfair for you, and I completely understand your frustration. I'll most likely go back to the way I had before for MAX Ya Sakazaki.

And again, I am so sorry for what I've done.

As for Yamazaki, he's actually almost done. I just need Freak-Out Fist and better A.I., and for Cap Com, I still need a bit more time to get all of his basics in, and to decide to use his partners for battle or just him (I'll probably go for his partners being in).
Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 11:03:28 pm by Knuckles8864
#796  July 28, 2020, 12:22:41 am
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
No, please. Keep using anything you need in order to improve your work. I want to give back to the community for the things the community gave me. Just credit me properly, it's the only thing I ask.

Sorry I overreacted, I've been stressing out. And thanks a lot for understanding.
#797  July 28, 2020, 01:04:42 am
Hey, it's no problem. I totally understand where you're coming from. I felt I was in the same situation with another creator, but I never called out. I think I've talked about it on here somewhere. It first started as just the hitboxes, then I it went to velocities, and even code from time to time (though other parts were from vans' Iori, but I only made it look more close to being CvSish vs KoF, like Saku Tsumagushi for example. I honestly thought the first time, it was just a throw, but looking at it again, it's a throw, but with added hits), and I only realized that I didn't properly credit you for all of that. So again, I apologize, and thanks for being cool with it.

Tsumagushi was part of my original Iori too, though it was basically too much code to go from this anim to this anim, and honestly, it looked amateurish at best. (I still have my original if you wanted to look at that. Let me know.)

Yours is definitely an improvement on what mine was, though I wanted to keep things more close to what represents Iori in general, but yeah. I went too far on many things without giving the actual credit where it deserves it, and you definitely deserve the proper credit for many of it. If there's anything you want me to change so our work is different, let me know. I'm totally cool with it.
#798  July 29, 2020, 12:16:35 am
  • Palette Maker + 1.1 Stage Conversion Maestro
    • USA
    • xtremeregime.weebly.com
Do you have the template for Iori to make new palettes with?
#799  July 30, 2020, 02:52:35 pm
    • USA
Feedback on Iori's 2nd beta:
-100 Shiki: Oniyaki and 311 Shiki: Tsumagushi's effects still has shadows.
-The effect on EX 311 Shiki: Tsumagushi is misaligned and the flame sound effect on it is missing.
-The camera suddenly shifts down if the opponent was hit in the air with Ura 108 Shiki: Ya Sakazuki on a stage with super jump.
-There's a landing effect on Orochi Iori's Ura 100 Shiki: Oni Homura, but none on the MAX version.

That's all for normal and Orochi as RagingRowen pointed out most of them. EX Iori will have feedback later when more progresses.
#800  August 26, 2020, 09:54:21 am
Not much but:
1. Orochi Iori's SFF and Anim files probably need updating as me might be missing some anims, mainly for his Yaotome.
2. No EX Iori def file?
3. EX Sound cut-off during EX's EX Oniyaki.
4. Yatagarasu is done with only 1 Kick Button.
5. You can infinite with EX's EX Yami Barai in the corner and it has Poweradd on the 2nd hit: https://streamable.com/miosaw
6. AI doesn't seem to apply to EX Iori.

I might suggest adding a few things from XIII for his EX Mode like the EX Yami Barai that stuns like Ya Sakazuki, seeing the current EX already has a stun.

Also anything for Cap Com or Yama aswell?

1. Yeah, I'll update those. Was mainly focusing on the Normal versions, but I'll get them done.
2. Haven't made one yet. Need to decide which palettes will get to be in EX Iori's.
3. Fixed.
4. Fixed.
5. I've been going on about how to fix that issue. I might make it XIII's version instead.
6. I haven't applied any AI to it yet, so that's why it's doing Normal things.

Feedback on Iori's 2nd beta:
-100 Shiki: Oniyaki and 311 Shiki: Tsumagushi's effects still has shadows.
-The effect on EX 311 Shiki: Tsumagushi is misaligned and the flame sound effect on it is missing.
-The camera suddenly shifts down if the opponent was hit in the air with Ura 108 Shiki: Ya Sakazuki on a stage with super jump.
-There's a landing effect on Orochi Iori's Ura 100 Shiki: Oni Homura, but none on the MAX version.

That's all for normal and Orochi as RagingRowen pointed out most of them. EX Iori will have feedback later when more progresses.

-I'll take a look on 1.0 and see how I can fix that.
-Fixed.
-I'll take a look on that on 1.0 too.
-Fixed

As for CapCom, I haven't made any real progress yet. And as for Yamazaki....

Is this long enough for the full animation to go?

Edit: Also, my apologies for not showing any progress lately. I've been busy/been taking a light break on it until I could have time to get back to what I was doing. Again, I am so sorry.