YesNoOk

R@CE's Wips - Ray McDougall (Read 92081 times)

Started by R@CE AKIR@, October 27, 2018, 06:15:33 pm
Share this topic:
Re: R@CE's Wips - Ray McDougall
#181  September 05, 2020, 05:37:58 am
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
Thank you all for the comments

So after many days and nights of patiently waiting, I managed to get this guy color separated to the Max. Nexus Games started the color separation off and did a retouch on the sprites and then Dampir went in and did another retouch on the sprites with additional color separation. Dope indeed. Now all kinds of palettes can be made. Anyway, welp its go time guys.
Here's a template I cooked up. Lets make some dope palettes eh? lol

#182  September 05, 2020, 09:37:58 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Thank you all for the comments

So after many days and nights of patiently waiting, I managed to get this guy color separated to the Max. Nexus Games started the color separation off and did a retouch on the sprites and then Dampir went in and did another retouch on the sprites with additional color separation. Dope indeed. Now all kinds of palettes can be made. Anyway, welp its go time guys.
Here's a template I cooked up. Lets make some dope palettes eh? lol

Glad to see some progress !
I really like this project, but I will not give priority to palette creation right now.
I still remember of Jean Pierre took many months (perhaps 1 year?) before having a release with the actual new SFF and use of my palettes.

I like to support your work like everytime, but I will contribute when Ray is "playable"
Palette making is a complicated process to me.^^;
I will leave it to skilled+faster creators of palettes, since it's not my best skills.

The sprite looks nice!
Good luck with the coding.
Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 12:24:53 pm by Nedflandeurse
#183  September 05, 2020, 01:02:26 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Finally, looking clean aside from a wrong pixel color on his glove on the left sprite. Made a couple palettes either way.

Beat 'em Up Blonde (Mix of Cody and Axel)

Guy

Hugo Andore
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#184  September 05, 2020, 01:24:25 pm
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
Thanks for the pals Raging Rowen

I really like this project, but I will not give priority to palette creation right now.
I still remember of Jean Pierre took many months (perhaps 1 year?) before having a release with the actual new SFF and use of my palettes.

I like to support your work like everytime, but I will contribute when Ray is "playable"
I will leave it to skilled+faster creators of palettes, since it's not my best skills.

Sorry you feel that way man, but my personal life comes before any of this. Every time since then I've delivered back to back releases with constant updates and everything. Not to mention there were things I had to work out with the SFF with that particular character. And Ray literally has 2 Lvl3s and A.I. left until completion
Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 01:45:56 pm by ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~
#185  September 05, 2020, 01:58:07 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
Good luck with this great project R@ce! You have my full support! ;)
#186  September 05, 2020, 09:34:03 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Thanks for the pals Raging Rowen

Sorry you feel that way man, but my personal life comes before any of this. Every time since then I've delivered back to back releases with constant updates and everything. Not to mention there were things I had to work out with the SFF with that particular character. And Ray literally has 2 Lvl3s and A.I. left until completion

Yes, same for me, priority to IRL. Mugen is just a small part of my creation work, so I can understand.
No, I'm coding stuff by myself. At least I try. So for someone like me it takes even more time.

I'll help you with content, just like I helped your previous characters with palettes, runing animations, or various feedbacks ;)

I think this Ray project is impressive.

@RagingRowen

Great palettes !
I like how they make homage to beat em ups characters !
Did you used references for colors ? the result is good!
#187  September 05, 2020, 09:40:02 pm
    • UK
WIP Schedule:
#188  September 05, 2020, 09:46:17 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
For Guy and Hugo yes.

Nice! Sorry for asking it here, but do you have a specific method to take a specific color and put it into character palette ?

Exemple : taking eye color from a reference and put this color to replace the eye color of a character.
My method is to copy past the value, and it makes the process very tedious and long. (particularly with CS characters nowadays... I feel very slow compared to early mugen times...)
#189  September 05, 2020, 09:56:14 pm
    • UK
For Guy and Hugo yes.

Nice! Sorry for asking it here, but do you have a specific method to take a specific color and put it into character palette ?

Exemple : taking eye color from a reference and put this color to replace the eye color of a character.
My method is to copy past the value, and it makes the process very tedious and long. (particularly with CS characters nowadays... I feel very slow compared to early mugen times...)

In FF with the Advanced Palette editor. I usually eye-color a certain area then select the colors tied to that area and apply them to the desired CS area.
WIP Schedule:
#190  September 05, 2020, 10:54:10 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
In FF with the Advanced Palette editor. I usually eye-color a certain area then select the colors tied to that area and apply them to the desired CS area.

I don't understand your method. It shows me my limitations with english language.
Thanks anyway for replying and sharing
#191  September 06, 2020, 01:44:51 am
    • USA
Well guys, I've gotten way more than enough palettes from the discord and here combined. I really appreciate you all. If you still want to add more your more than welcome to it. Everyone will be credited
#192  September 06, 2020, 04:34:39 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Looking very dope, look forward to trying out soon.
#193  September 06, 2020, 12:28:57 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Ok, this is my contribution for now. My default wannabe palette.
"Default palette try"

Heavily based on RR's work (obviously)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 01:22:39 pm by Nedflandeurse
#194  September 06, 2020, 03:02:21 pm
    • UK
The Fireball (Big Tornado) should be more blue but nice one.
WIP Schedule:
#195  September 06, 2020, 03:56:58 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
The Fireball (Big Tornado) should be more blue but nice one.

Thanks. You're so right.
I almost forgot it was actually big tornado sprite. since there is no information of the usage of these sprites.
But certainly the big tornado sprite use the same palette as this big wave effect.

With my sucking skills in FF for making palettes.
I tried.
If R.@ can have a use of this, it's OK.

#196  September 20, 2020, 09:50:24 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
I felt like doing some JoJo inspired palettes for Ray.

Anime Jonathan, All-Star Battle Jonathan, Anime Joseph, Capcom Joseph
Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 10:01:59 am by ShiroTori