YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4636109 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24)
#1  August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 03:18:18 am by OHMSBY
Re: Iori Yagami
#2  August 09, 2020, 05:55:15 am
  • XxTuViejoxX
    • Peru
wow amazing Million Arthur char! I will prove that such.

PS: I can imagine the new Element edits that will come out of here xD
#3  August 09, 2020, 01:09:58 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA

- As soon as his astral heat starts, rapid canceling will interrupt the rest of the move with a permanent black screen

and surprisingly a few of your other characters seem have that bug as well with other unexpected results, but usually when you rapid cancel in the middle of the astral heat. This only happens with characters with ground-only finishers btw (unless timed real precisely).

Guess you didn't notice that while testing?
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#4  August 09, 2020, 02:09:33 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA

Great work as always. Never realized Crossing Void had alternative sprites for Taiga. Looks like you'll get to work on her after all.

Ummm, it's impossible to do that in an actual match. You can't rapid cancel during an astral heat as it uses all 2000 meter and will not gain any by doing so. 1000 meter is required to use rapid cancelling (Or 500 when using Distortion Drive). That's not a bug as it can't be done with legitimate methods as the only way you could've have possibly done that is using the debug keys.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#5  August 09, 2020, 02:17:31 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
    • USA
Great work as always. Never realized Crossing Void had alternative sprites for Taiga. Looks like you'll get to work on her after all.

Ummm, it's impossible to do that in an actual match. You can't rapid cancel during an astral heat as it uses all 2000 meter and will not gain any by doing so. 1000 meter is required to use rapid cancelling (Or 500 when using Distortion Drive). That's not a bug as it can't be done with legitimate methods as the only way you could've have possibly done that is using the debug keys.

My bad :V
#6  August 09, 2020, 02:58:53 pm
    • USA

My bad :V
It's fine. However since you did bring it up, rapid cancelling during certain parts of the distortion drives can cause issues as I noticed effects still play after doing it or the opponent would get stuck for a few seconds. So it's still worth mentioning. I'll have to check out each character again to see which ones do.

As for Iori's case, it's fine as he can only do it when the projectile of Ura 108 Shiki: Yasakazuki makes contact and only on the last hit of Kin 1211 Shiki: Yaotome.
Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 03:03:52 pm by SolidZone 26
#7  August 09, 2020, 07:19:04 pm
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
    • sites.google.com/view/site-resentone/home
Spoiler: And my next character is... (click to see content)
Seems like you started making Crossing Void characters, if you need any sprites, fx, sfx, voice rip from that game let me know I will give them to you.

I would love if you make Misaki in TAG style that'll be awesone~

#8  August 09, 2020, 10:13:22 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
#9  August 10, 2020, 06:27:11 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
I never expected to see a HD KOF character with Custom Gameplay that wasn't KOF style.

This is, a very welcome add {as someone that sucks at KOF}
#10  August 12, 2020, 05:53:01 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
I would say that having just one thread for character releases & updates would probably be better for having everything all in one place.

Also, i would like to ask a question:
what is the font that you use for the “Counter” & “Perfect” text in your characters?

@OHMSBY
#11  August 12, 2020, 06:05:53 am
    • USA
#12  August 12, 2020, 01:25:01 pm
    • USA

After Vocalnoid's feedback regarding rapid canceling, I like to return back to each character and point out those that have some issues using them during the distortion drives (And maybe some on force breaks). Plus some additional more not related to it:

Yang:
-The effect of Burning Gold and the last hit of Unrelenting Fire follows her right after rapid canceling.
-Rapid canceling the first hit of Perfect Bombshell will cause the opponent to freeze in the air and the effect on the last hit effect is still present after doing it during the last second.

Mika:
-Rapid canceling Mika Revolution when it connects on the 5th hit will sometimes cause the opponent to freeze high in the air for a few seconds before dropping down.
-Two normal ground shockwaves appear on the 2nd hit of Mika Hip Strike when the opponent touches the ground after rapid canceling and not hitting them.

Mai:
-Two normal ground shockwaves appear on the 1st hit of Sylvan Hurricane Assault when the opponent touches the ground after rapid canceling and not hitting them.

Gordeau:
-Two normal ground shockwaves appear on the 4th hit of Turbulence when the opponent touches the ground after rapid canceling and not hitting them.

Terumi:
-Rapid canceling the first hit of Serpent's Cursed Sting will cause the opponent to get stuck for a few seconds or unable to attack if hit in the air.
-He should only be able to rapid cancel on the first and last hits of Dungeon of Serpents as the effect will interruptly vanish.

Kuroko:
-Rapid canceling the 1st hit of Super Sexy Teleport before the grab makes contact wastes meter for nothing as you can barely combo with it.

Tager:
-The effect still plays when rapid canceling in the middle of Magna Tech Wheel.
-The rock effect follows him after rapid canceling the last hit of Genesic Emerald Tager Buster.
-A Atomic Collider should be a strong ground shockwave instead of a normal one.
-Crimson Punisher has a misplaced strong ground shockwave sound effect when he slams on the ground onto the opponent from a successful hit.

Yumi:
-Rapid canceling in the middle of Secret Ninja Art: Black Ice and pushing the opponent by running while they are being hit by the projectile causes it to stay in place temporary and move forward a few seconds later.
-Rapid canceling the forward throw causes the effect to move along with her.

Yu:
-He can rapid cancel on the first hit of Cross Slash, but Adachi's Demonic Cross Slash can't.

Adachi:
-He can't rapid cancel on the first hit of Demonic Cross Slash, but Yu's Cross Slash can.

Quote:
-He can rapid cancel in the middle of Spur while the beam is still active (It should work the same as Blitztank's Gjallarhorn or Issac's Devil's Advent, stopping it completely).

Akatsuki:
-He can rapid cancel on the 2nd to last hit of Kamikaze (Causing the opponent to float down slowly and three normal ground shockwave sound effects can be heard instead of two when they touch the ground).

Heart:
-Although the timing to rapid cancel is fine for Iron Fist Punch of Love, you can't follow up with air combos due to the opponent being pushed too far and Heart not being close to the opponent right after.
-Amazing Heartful Punch's effect is still present after rapid canceling.

If there's any character I haven't listed, their rapid cancels during distortion drives are good and have no issues after testing. For Yu and Adachi's case, I'm not sure which one is right. Might be more I missed, so I'll update if I find anything else.
#13  August 12, 2020, 05:16:24 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Iori Yagami Released
#14  August 13, 2020, 04:06:02 am
    • USA
Alright, the poll is now locked and the majority are in favor of having one dedicated thread, and I figured I might as well make this the thread. So from now on, all releases and updates for my Characters will be posted here, and the first post will update whenever there is a new release.

I was actually planning on getting most of these characters updated, so this is very helpful. Thank you.

#15  August 13, 2020, 07:38:18 pm
  • I must continue my training...
Cool character.

-217 Shiki chains into itself for an infinite in the corner. Unless that depends on the opponent's ability to tech. In which case, nevermind...

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#16  August 14, 2020, 12:45:20 am
    • USA
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: 11 Characters Updated
#17  August 17, 2020, 04:24:56 am
    • USA
Adachi, Akatsuki, Gordeau, Heart, Kuroko, Mika, Quote, Tager, Terumi, Yu, and Yumi have all been updated. Mostly Bug fixes with a little bit of balance changes and a little bit of visual improvements. Go ahead and redownload them from the site.

Adachi
-Additional effect for Demonic Cross Slash
-Fixed an error where Adachi could briefly be hit still after successfully hitting with Demonic Cross Slash
-Fixed an error where Adachi could not Rapid Cancel the first hit of Demonic Cross Slash
-The Ultra Burst aura will no longer show up during custom states

Akatsuki
-Upon Successfully hitting with Kamekaze, Akatsuki will only be able to rapid cancel after the last hit
-The stage's foreground elements will no longer disappear after the Astral Heat

Gordeau
-Fixed an error in the incremental cornerpush system
-All versions of Assimilation are now immune to throws up until the last active frame
-Adjusted A Assimilation's launch trajectory
-Adjusted Hitboxes for the 5A autocombo series, 5BB, and 2A so they can hit smaller characters more consistently
-Running A is now special cancelable
-Additional effect for the last hit of both Distortion Drives
-Fixed an error where 2 shockwave effects would appear at once when the opponent lands during one of the custom states
-Adjusted transparency on the propeller effect
The Ultra Burst aura will no longer show up during custom states

Heart
-Fixed an error where Heartful Punch and Amazing Heartful Punch's effects would continue after rapid canceling
-Adjusted Iron Fist Punch of Love's launch trajectory
-The stage's foreground elements will no longer disappear after the Astral Heat

Kuroko
-Upon Successfully hitting, All versions of Sexy Teleport can only be rapid cancelled after the last hit
-Added Special intro against Maid Taiga

Mika
-Additional effect and sound for the last hit of Mika Hip Strike
-Upon successfully hitting the opponent, Mika Revolution can only be rapid canceled after the last hit-
-Mika Hip Strike can only be rapid canceled after the last hit
-Added special intro against Maid Taiga

-Ultra Burst's aura effect will be temporarily disabled whenever Quote is in a custom state
-Fixed an error Where Spur would stay on screen even after rapid canceling
-Fixed an error where the level 1 versions of Spur and Super Missile Launcher couldn't be Rapid canceled
-If the first hit of Super Missile Launcher successfully connects, Quote will become invulnerable for the rest of the state

Tager
-Additional effect for Terra Breaker and GETB
-Fixed an error where Magna Tech Wheel's effects would continue playing after rapid canceling
-Fixed an error where the Rock effects would follow Tager after rapid Canceling GETB
-Fixed an error where an out of place sound effect would play after Crimson Meteor's Body Slam
-Fixed an error where Tager Wouldn't be invulnurable right away during GETB's Start Up

Terumi
-Reduced the amount of time the opponent stays in the hit state after Terumi Rapid Cancels the first hit of Serpent's Cursed Sting
-Once Terumi Starts summoning the Serpent during Dungeon of Serpents, he will not be able to Rapid Cancel until after the last hit

Yu
-Adjusted 4A's Hitbox so it can hit smaller opponents more consistently
-Additional Effect for Cross Slash

Yumi
-Increased frame disadvantage for Howling Ogre and for each step of Dancing as One: Yang on block
-Slightly reduced frame disadvantage for Demonic Destruction on block
-Increased Frame advantage for Piercing Tide on block
-Fixed an error where forward throw's whirlwind effect would follow Yumi after rapid canceling
-Fixed an error where the Black Ice projectile would remain in place if the Opponent got hit by it, then pushed out of the way
-Additional effect for the last hit of Ice Pillar Fan
#18  August 17, 2020, 09:50:26 am
    • USA

Got some feedback on three of the characters after the updates, mostly minor but thought I mention it:

Terumi:
-The bug for rapid canceling the first hit of Serpent's Cursed Sting still exists. If the opponent happens to jump while they get hit by that, they won't be able to attack at all and the one playing as Terumi can simply wait until time runs out (If the player choose to have time limits during matches). I think instead of reducing the stun time, only the second hit should rapid cancel only as that hit will make them move again.
-Rapid cancelling the first hit of Snakebite causes the opponent to freeze in the air, then fall down a second later.
-Rapid cancelling the first hit of Serpent's Laceration has a strong ground shockwave sound effect when the opponent touches the ground (I missed this one as I was mostly focusing on distortion drives and less on force breaks).

Heart:
-Amazing Heartful Punch is now deducting 1000 instead of 500 after rapid canceling. Since it's during the distortion drive, it should be deducting half of 1 meter instead of all of it.

Tager:
-Same as Heart, rapid cancelling the last hit of Genesic Emerald Tager Buster deducts 1000 instead of 500 (Unless the distortion drive is already over, but that shouldn't be as Terumi's Dungeon of Serpents still deducted 500 on the last hit).
-Not sure what fightfx have you been using to test your characters. But there's been an out of place sound effect on the A version of Atomic Collider when the opponent gets slammed on the ground (Which is the strong ground shockwave sound effect I was talking about). Ever since one of your older updates, I don't know if it's supposed to be there or not. It's been noticeable for me with the fightfx I'm using and that's why I kept mentioning it. That's why either the normal ground shockwave on that move should be a strong ground one or the sound effect to be removed entirely.
-Also speaking about the strong ground shockwave sound effect, but is the Wedge Catapult intentionally back to using that for the wall bounce now?

So Yu is right on the case between him and Adachi, good to know too.
#19  August 17, 2020, 01:10:56 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
    • USA
-Not sure what fightfx have you been using to test your characters. But there's been an out of place sound effect on the A version of Atomic Collider when the opponent gets slammed on the ground (Which is the strong ground shockwave sound effect I was talking about). Ever since one of your older updates, I don't know if it's supposed to be there or not. It's been noticeable for me with the fightfx I'm using and that's why I kept mentioning it. That's why either the normal ground shockwave on that move should be a strong ground one or the sound effect to be removed entirely.

The hitsparks/fightfx are from chottokormarus original screenpack which can be found here: http://chottokomaru.sitemix.jp/

Not to brag and all, but best hitsparks ever! XD
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: 11 Characters Updated (3 Characters Re-Updated)
#20  August 18, 2020, 01:38:45 am
    • USA

Alright, I got those fixed and had them updated again:
Heart
-Fixed an error where Rapid Canceling Amazing Heartful Punch consumes 1000 meter instead of 500

Tager
-Fixed an error where Rapid Canceling GETB consumes 1000 meter instead of 500
-Fixed an error where an out of place sound effect would play During Atomic Collider's slam
-Changed the sound effect for Wedge Catapult's wall slam back to normal

Terumi
-Upon Successfully hitting with Serpent's Cursed Sting, Only the second hit can be rapid canceled
-If Snakebite hits and transitions into the grab, It can only be rapid canceled after the last hit
-Fixed an error where the wrong ground shockwave sound effect plays when the opponent touches the ground during one of the custom states

-Also speaking about the strong ground shockwave sound effect, but is the Wedge Catapult intentionally back to using that for the wall bounce now?

I was testing something out, but I forgot to change it back when I uploaded the update. So yeah, that was my bad.