YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4636448 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: King K Rool released (12/06/21)
#761  December 07, 2021, 06:47:23 am
    • Brazil
KOHAKU!!!
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: King K Rool released (12/06/21)
#762  December 07, 2021, 11:47:23 am
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Can't wait for Kohaku, OHMSBY!
Once you're done with her, do you plan to make even Hisui?
This is fate.
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: King K Rool quick update (12/07/21)
#763  December 08, 2021, 04:18:47 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
Quick little update for K Rool that fixes a bug involving his throws.

K Rool
-The opponent getting hit by a Kannon Ball no longer allows K Rool to prematurely rapid cancel his throws

Can't wait for Kohaku, OHMSBY!
Once you're done with her, do you plan to make even Hisui?

Probably.
#764  December 08, 2021, 03:25:22 pm
  • The Blind Furry
  • I’m new to this and I’m blind
    • UK
Hey Ohmsby! I was wondering, where you got the old GG-esque lifebars from. I've been trying to find them and have had no luck.
#765  December 11, 2021, 12:00:42 pm
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 02:56:57 pm by Uzuki Shimamura
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Jin and Ky quick update (12/11/21)
#766  December 11, 2021, 05:24:47 pm
    • USA
Fixed.

Jin:
-Fixed an error where Jin could rapid cancel during any state whenever Hishougeki hits the opponent
Ky:
-Fixed an error where Ky could rapid cancel during any state whenever Charged Stun Edge hits the opponent

Hey Ohmsby! I was wondering, where you got the old GG-esque lifebars from. I've been trying to find them and have had no luck.

Right here.
Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 06:27:53 pm by OHMSBY
#767  December 11, 2021, 05:51:53 pm
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
Link’s dead.
#768  December 11, 2021, 06:29:08 pm
    • USA
#769  December 11, 2021, 07:34:59 pm
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
Thnx, man.
#770  December 11, 2021, 09:43:31 pm
  • The Blind Furry
  • I’m new to this and I’m blind
    • UK
Thanks OHMSBY!
#771  December 14, 2021, 08:38:22 am
  • Doesn't know how to do things but does them anyway
    • USA
With Avatar Belial out in Granblue Versus, I'd say you could add him into Kirby's Copy Ability list next update since his regular counterpart is already in there. Not sure if Vira would continue to be Sword or not due to the whole Luminera Merge thing, but at the same time she only really breaks out the axe with some moves in that mode.

Also apparently there were some more models from the game ripped from someone else over on deviantART. Not sure how better or worse the quality of these models are compared to the few that are ripped on Models Resource or if all their assets are in there (or if the links still even work nowadays), but I figured I'd let you know nonetheless.

https://www.deviantart.com/aoba-art/gallery/77773344/gbfv
I dunno what to put here for a signature.
Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 08:45:42 am by Solid Snivy
#772  December 14, 2021, 12:18:54 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I got some feedback on Es:
-The grab spike effect on her forward throw follows her after rapid canceling.
-The opponent's get hit animation on her air throw goes through the floor when they hit the ground for half a second (There is also no jump sound effect when she leaps after the 2nd hit).
-Sprite (105,1) on the backwards dodge has a pixel in the middle left (I actually noticed this thanks to the white glow).
-The strong ground shockwave on a charged Type: Slasher "Gawain" is the normal ground sound effect and is slightly misaligned as it's tilted forward.
-Type: Slasher "Mordred" would sound better if a forward run sound was used and have small sliding dust at the end of the animation (Similar to Mai's Juncture).

I actually held on this for a while because it's was originally just one minor thing, but I recently noticed a couple more and is now worthy for a report.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#773  December 16, 2021, 06:20:35 pm
    • USA

was this screenshot taken in mugen or ikemen go? I dont recall mugen having the [WinCount] parameter....... just curious
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#774  December 17, 2021, 11:56:41 am
    • USA
I like to add another thing I noticed after playing King K. Rool (Which is fixed on him since his release). This is regarding the Vignitte animation as I noticed it's layered behind them and the opponent. Since it's just happens mostly during the distortion drives on the last hit, I'll show which ones like the previous feedback with the special attribute flags:

Yang:
-Burning Gold
-Unrelenting Fire

Ruby:
-Petal Burst
-Petal Dance

Mika:
-Mika Hip Strike

Ragna:
-Carnage Scissors
-Devoured by Darkness

Mai:
-Sylvan Hurricane Assault
-Floral Blizzard Blossom

Gordeau:
-Mortal Slide: Divest
-Turbulence

Azrael:
-Black Hawk Stinger
-Full Spartan

Terumi:
-Serpent's Cursed Sting
-Dungeon of Serpents

Wagner:
-Hitz Falke (Can't tell if her and the opponent is behind it due to the effects)
-Uber Wackenroder

Waldstein:
-Sturmangriff Rage
-Werfen Erschlagen

Kirby:
-Ultra Sword

Misaka:
-Railgun
-Girder Strike

Kuroko:
-Passionate Kiss
-Steel Phalanx

Es:
-Type: Shooter "Palamedes"
-Type: Shooter "Galahad"

Samus:
-Shine Spark (The air version is still not)

Yu:
-Cross Slash

Yumi:
-Secret Ninja Art: Ice Pillar Fan

Adachi:
-Demonic Cross Slash

Susano'o:
-Liberation Dagger
-Bloodsplitter

Blitztank:
-Blitzlauf

Saya:
-Feast of Flesh
-Aberrant Mighty Arm

Heart:
-Iron Fist Punch of Love
-Amazing Heartful Punch (Can't tell if her and the opponent is behind it due to the effects, but the last hit has no envshake)
-Amazing Special Kick

Iori:
-Kin 1211 Shiki: Yaotome

Maid Taiga:
-Don't Ignore Me! & I'm Talking To You!!!
-Taiga Rampage

Nanase:
-Atmosphere of the Aether

Jin:
-Hiyoku Getsumei

Bisclavret:
-Hammer Cyclone
-Strong Hammer

Charlotte:
-Vanillekipferl
-Kasekuchen

Hyde:
-Pale Bringer Arose

Thief:
-Sniping Tempest (I think how it's spelled in the movelist is also a typo)
-Catch and Barrage

Lambda-11:
-Duo Cultus (The last hit also has no envshake)

Mitsuru:
-Myraid Arrows
-Bufudyne

Meta Knight:
-Galaxia Darkness
-Upper Calibur

Carmine:
-HAHAHAHA! BE DEVOURED!

Homura:
-Falcon
-Charge!

Piranha Plant:
-Rapid Chomp

Ky:
-Ride The Lightning

King Dedede:
-Jet Hammer & Gordo Comet

Hilda:
-Impalement

Shana:
-Guren no Souyoku

Originally, this wasn't much of an issue before. But as I see more characters released, I noticed effects such as ground shatters, projectiles or physical objects are layered in front of them (Which makes them look off). Figured it would look better in front of the screen than behind the characters and also to follow up with Es. So here's another reason to update aside from the attribute flags need fixing on their specials, unless you consider this another low priority error too. If there is characters I haven't mentioned, they either already layered correctly or don't have one.

Edit: Crossing out those that are fixed already in case I forgot.
Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 09:17:43 am by ZolidSone
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Ragna and Es quick update (12/18/21)
#775  December 18, 2021, 10:52:24 pm
    • USA
Time for a couple of quick updates.

Ragna:
-Fixed an error where the ai would try to access a non existent state
-Relayered the Vignette effect during distortion drives
-Adjustments to Hit Attribute Flags
Es:
-Fixes to Minor Aesthetic errors
-Added additional sound effect to the startup of Mordred
-Relayered the Vignette effect during distortion drives
-Slightly reduced Backwards walk speed
-Fixed an error where the opponent would get stuck when using an air throw too close to the ground

Also apparently there were some more models from the game ripped from someone else over on deviantART. Not sure how better or worse the quality of these models are compared to the few that are ripped on Models Resource or if all their assets are in there (or if the links still even work nowadays), but I figured I'd let you know nonetheless.

https://www.deviantart.com/aoba-art/gallery/77773344/gbfv

As of right now, I can't really speak for how much of a difference there is between this and the VG Resource uploads, but this links does at least have models that the VG Resource doesn't, like Narmaya's in-game model.

was this screenshot taken in mugen or ikemen go? I dont recall mugen having the [WinCount] parameter....... just curious

It's Ikemen GO.

Like the attribute flags, I'm going to save the Vignette relayering for some more substaintial updates, or at the very least when I have some extra time on my hands to work on a few characters.

There are a couple of characters that I'll need to update to have special interactions with Kohaku, including Piranha Plant who is currently in the process of having his sprites rerendered, so the vignette relayering and attribute flag adjustments will be included in those updates.
Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 01:50:09 am by OHMSBY
#776  December 19, 2021, 01:05:04 am
    • USA
I got some more quick feedback Es after testing the quick update as I seem to found a bug and some things were missed:
-Sprite (105,1) on the backwards dodge still has the off-placed pixel on the middle left of the sprite (You can use Fighter Factory Studio's Image Editor to erase that pixel).
-The opponent's get hit animation on her air throw still goes through the floor when they hit the ground for half a second (You'll notice it when using the print screen key).
-Using the air throw too close to the ground will cause the opponent to get stuck (She goes straight to the leap animation instead of throwing them to the ground).

Like the attribute flags, I'm going to save the Vignette relayering for some more substaintial updates, or at the very least when I have some extra time on my hands to work on a few characters.

There are a couple of characters that I'll need to update to have special interactions with Kohaku, including Piranha Plant who is currently in the process of having his sprites rerendered, so the vignette relayering and attribute flag adjustments will be included in those updates.
That explains why you haven't responded for the past few days and figured it would low priority as well. I did asked Ichida to relayer them on his characters and I really do feel like it looks much better that way ever since I got to see them on more characters. For Ruby's case, you could hardly see it due to the Wind animation on her Pedal Burst as the colors blend in. I also realized and liked how the colors of the vignette being different colors depending of the distortion drives instead of it being character specific.

Speaking about special interactions, will you add them with Ichida's characters? These are the characters that don't have ones against them:
-Misaka with Miyuki
-Yu with Chie
-Susanoo with Chie
-Hyde with Linne & Seth
-Mitsuru with Seth

That should be another reason for them to be updated, but mostly just for those 5. This also means anyone who made JPN voice patches if they have one will have to update them with their respective interactions.

Glad to see you're alright by the way.
Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 01:08:25 am by ZolidSone
#777  December 19, 2021, 01:57:18 am
    • USA
Got those other bugs fixed and Es reuploaded.

That explains why you haven't responded for the past few days and figured it would low priority as well.

Well, it was that along with having a rather busy Holiday season.

Speaking about special interactions, will you add them with Ichida's characters?

Yeah, I probably will get around to that eventually.
#778  December 19, 2021, 10:54:13 pm
    • USA
Hey OHMSBY, how you doin? Have you thought of making a compilation of all the special intros that you have done for your characters, or is that not in the cards currently because of your projects and the current holiday season?
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#779  December 21, 2021, 04:01:41 am
    • USA
Yes. However, I prefer to wait until either I'm taking an extended break or if I'm done making characters before doing so. If a special intro compilation of my characters were to made now, it would become outdated not long after.
#780  December 21, 2021, 11:40:34 am
    • USA
I decided to go back to two of your early characters and got feedback regarding some more aesthetic errors:

Ruby:
-The opponent's get hit animation on her jC goes through the floor when they hit the ground for half a second (The strong ground shockwave is misaligned as it's slightly higher up and the normal ground shockwave as well as it and the opponent is slightly lower to the floor for like 1 tick. Also compared to the recent characters, they recover from it too quickly and immediately gets up after the 2nd shockwave).
-The opponent's get hit animation on her running throw goes backwards for like 1 tick before hitting the ground (The strong ground shockwave is also misaligned as it's slightly higher up).
-I think would sound better if A Gun Blast has a landing sound effect instead of a sliding one and no dust (This is because she comes to a complete halt without moving a few pixels and goes straight to her standing animation right away).
-The sliding dust on Gun Blast B and 66B could be slightly closer to her front foot.
-The sliding dust in air Gun Blast C could be slightly closer to her back foot than her knee.
-The sliding dust should only play once when Pedal Burst is blocked (This is because the multiple sliding dust playing goes well along with the wind animation).

Azrael:
-The charged jB has a normal ground shockwave instead of a strong one when the opponent hits the ground and and it is also misaligned.
-Using jA and/or jB (When not holding) after a charged Hornet Bunker will not produce a strong ground shockwave.

I think I pretty much covered the first 9 characters a while back. Hopefully these are some other things to fix on them.