YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4633295 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Kohaku Quick Update (01/03/22)
#801  January 05, 2022, 05:44:53 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA

Luckily you haven't started updating your older characters yet, but I seem to have found a bug on Kohaku and shared with the rest of them. On Ichida's recently released Selvaria Bles, the strong ground shockwave doesn't appear when I use Air Raid and EX Remaining Shadow on them. Originally during my testing, it was so misaligned to the point it's way too low to the floor. Now after Ichida fixed it, it's literally non-existent and won't appear for them specifically, but the sound effect still plays. They also hit the ground much earlier than normal, making it harder to continue combos unlike the ones that don't have the issue. Even the 17th to 19th hits of her War Dance of Valkyria also makes them lower to the ground too and causes the fixed position of the hitsparks to look misaligned they are not as they are supposed to be higher in the air when they bounced.

Here are some screenshots between Training and Kohaku when doing those moves on them:

And these are the characters that shares the bug:
Azrael
Wagner
Yu
Adachi
Yukiko
Mitsuru
Hyde
Hilda

Edit: When I also did it on Piranha Plant, his get hit animations changes to a different position for half a second after he hits the ground. The strong ground shockwave still appears fine though, so that bug doesn't happen on him.

Do you have any clues what causes this? Ichida tells me that it's not a problem within Selvaria as it works fine on certain characters as shown with Training. But I wanted to wait until she was released publicly so you can see and test for yourself, because I have no idea.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 05:51:34 am by ZolidSone
#802  January 05, 2022, 06:19:59 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
Here's the problem:

Code:
[State 813, 2]
type = ChangeState
triggerall = time > 1
trigger1 = Pos Y > -30
value = ifelse(var(26)!=1,1026,1027)

He forgot to put "Enemy," in front of "Var(26)" in statedef 1025. So when The opponent enters that cutom state, they are reading their own var(26) rather than Selveria's, leading to the bug. The code should look like this:

Code:
[State 813, 2]
type = ChangeState
triggerall = time > 1
trigger1 = Pos Y > -30
value = ifelse(enemy,var(26)!=1,1026,1027)
#803  January 05, 2022, 07:09:15 am
    • Vietnam
    • sites.google.com/view/vinnie-mugen-projects/home
Since my var error is fixed for now, I think I should post my feedback on Kohaku here.

Edit: I fixed the code once again and it's fine for now. Thank you for testing Selvaria.
Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 11:39:53 am by Ichida
#804  January 05, 2022, 07:42:38 am
    • USA
Selvaria is still missing "enemy," in the code I mentioned in my previous post even after the most recent update, so the custom state is still reading the opponent's variables. Adding "enemy," before "var(26)!=1" fixes that.

For convenience, the code that I brought up is in line 9275 of Selveria.cns.
#805  January 05, 2022, 10:04:51 am
  • uhee~
I have a question:

Do you have to plan adding more extra palettes on their folder with their authors on it? Yang, Ruby, and Ragna have some of them

I know the palette makers in this forum, they are:
Vocalnoid (mostly Cookie Run)
Ichida (various, mostly characters from Arknights game)
Resentone (various, mostly French Bread characters)
Mr. Fael (various)
Paulo S/Uzuki Shimamura (various and lots of them, mostly VA jokes, Princess Connect, Hololive, etc.)
Evergarden (various, mostly from anime)

Spoiler: And my next character is... (click to see content)

I bet she'll have Gawr Gura palette since she's a shark girl. :D

Hello OHMSBY, I just have something to say.

Can you (temporarily) take control of my voice patches? I can't do it right now because a typhoon hits my place and there's no electricity and connection here. Plus my PC broke. :(

I'll be back once the electricity comes back.

Thank you in advance~ ^-^

Aw that sucks man, better stay safe there.
#806  January 05, 2022, 03:53:13 pm
  • Proud Kirby enthusiast
    • Greece
OHMSBY https://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.2523420 said:
I made that small port long before I started making characters. It's honestly just one of his in game sprites cropped down to 25 by 25, but here you go:

Thank you!

#807  January 06, 2022, 05:57:36 am
    • USA
Do you have to plan adding more extra palettes on their folder with their authors on it? Yang, Ruby, and Ragna have some of them

I don't think so. While I do like seeing people coming up with their own palettes, I think that updating a character every time custom palettes are made for them would start to get tiresome.

I bet she'll have Gawr Gura palette since she's a shark girl. :D

You just won that bet.
#808  January 14, 2022, 06:55:42 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
Hello OHMSBY, I'm back! so that means I'm taking control of my voice patches~

Oh and I found an error while testing your Kohaku:
Your opponent can move freely after getting hit by Look What I Grew, then EX Hidden Blade.
https://streamable.com/qhcxya
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Kohaku Quick Update (01/14/22)
#809  January 15, 2022, 03:35:42 am
    • USA
Good to have you back.

Also, the error has been fixed. Go ahead and redownload her.

Kohaku
-Fixed an error where the opponent would be able to move freely and block during EX Hidden Blade if they were to be hit by any of Kohaku's Plants right after the first hit
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Kohaku Quick Update (01/14/22)
#810  January 16, 2022, 02:29:59 pm
    • USA

So while I was testing Ichida's characters for updates and giving them compatibility for This Is... Me? (Which will be coming soon), I realize Samus has some minor aesthetic bugs:
-The burst icon is incorrectly layered.
-The red X doesn't appears over the Burst Icon when in a situation where it is not usable.
-The normal ground shockwave when the opponent is hit by 5C is slightly misaligned.

I checked on the rest and it seems like she's the only one where the red X doesn't appear at all even though the sprite is present in the SFF. This also means her Burst icon can still be seen on other astral heats that aren't her own. If it doesn't, that means the background of their astral heats is layered correctly. For Es and Hyde which I mentioned before, they are still present during their own astral heats. For Samus' case, it's her Burst icon.

Also, Ichida told me he found a bug on one of your characters when I tested his. Turns out some of your characters have this bug when their astral heat is blocked and some other unrelated feedback if any:

Yang, Ragna, Terumi, Robo-Weiss & Quote:
-Their astral heats can KO the opponent at 1 HP on block and continues to do the animation (Terumi also causes the opponent to get stuck and have to wait a couple of seconds for his astral heat winpose to play).
-Ragna's running throw would look better if the hitspark was aligned straight at the opponent's face (This was bothering me for quite some time and I never bothered mentioning it).

Ruby:
-There is no sliding dust and sound when Red Reaver is blocked.

Mika:
-I find it odd that hers is blockable while Waldstein, Kokonoe and Tager is not (Since you made Mika Cannon and Mika Hip Strike unblockable, thought the same would apply to Mika Galaxy too).

Gordeau:
-The guard spark when it connects is misaligned and no jump sound effect when he jumps backwards.

Kirby:
-The copy ability icons can still be seen during certain characters astral heats (So I assume it's not layered the same as the Burst icon).

Susano'o, Faust & Ky:
-The guard spark when their astral heat connects is misaligned.

Blitztank:
-There is no two large sliding dust when Ragnarok is blocked like Blitzlauf.

Issac:
-A strong ground shockwave sound effect can be heard when hits his head on the ground, but no effect to go along with it (I personally think it would look better if it was a normal one instead as it was used for his 66B and doesn't have envshake).

If you haven't updated them with the fixed specials attribute flags and the relayered vignette effect, I think this would be a good time to do so.
Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 11:34:10 pm by ZolidSone
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: 15 Quick Updates (01/16/22)
#811  January 17, 2022, 05:56:44 am
    • USA
All fixed, along with a few other additions:

Kirby
-Reduced sensitivity for tiger knee inputs
-Certain non throw attacks that put the opponent into a custom state can now hit opponents with super armor
-Added to and adjusted Triggers to the Copy Ability list
-Fixed minor visual errors
Samus
Fixed an error where the red x would not appear in front of the Burst icon during instances where Burst cannot be used
The second hit of 5B can now hit armored opponents
Fixed minor visual errors
Mika
-Astral Heat is now unblockable when used raw, becomes blockable when used while the opponent is in guard stun
Yang, Ragna, Terumi, Robo-Weiss, and Quote
-Fixed an error where the Astral Heat can Chip Kill
Ruby, Gordeau, Susano'o, Blitztank, Isaac, Faust, and Ky

For the sake of convenience, all of these updates can be downloaded at once here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GGzR2z24erAZ7v9DPlcIhqYeuZJZtq9D/view?usp=sharing
#812  January 17, 2022, 09:31:05 am
    • USA

It seems like you forgot a few errors I mentioned previously:
Mika:
-The blast effect on her 5AAAA follows her after rapid canceling.
-The normal ground shockwave on her astral heat winpose is layered incorrectly.
This.

-Ragna's running throw would look better if the hitspark was aligned straight at the opponent's face (This was bothering me for quite some time and I never bothered mentioning it).
For this, I actually meant the forward throw, not the running one as I was talking about the one where he grabs the opponent's head and stabs them with his sword. I was typing it last night and didn't realize I made an error. My fault for not realizing it sooner.

And just two characters who's vignettes are still not relayered on these distortion drives:
-Susano'o's Bloodsplitter
-Kirby's Ultra Sword

Since Kirby might get another quick update, I found a few typos on Kirby's copy abilities or was missed previously:
Yoriko: "Yoriko Yasuzumi"
Kamui Tokinomiya: "Kamui"
Fiona Mayfield: "Fiona"
Lieselotte Achenbach: "Lieselotte"
Nazuna Inuwaka: "Nazuna"

Typos:
Catherine Kyohbashi: "Catherine Kyoubashi" (You can leave the one with the underscore if there's a character with that specific spelling)
Iku Bagae: "Iku Nagae"
Yuyuko Saigyouiji: "Yuyuko Saigyouji"

I checked Google on their respective character wiki pages to make sure my spelling wasn't wrong. For Kamui and Fiona, I didn't know what would happen if the Sword copy ability exceeds over 100. That's why I didn't include their first names at first because I didn't think you would make a separate VarSet instead of continuing it and you usually have a naming pattern for each characters' franchise, so I'm kinda surprised you missed them. Hope you don't mind still including theirs as well since the other Arcana Heart characters have them too.

Since you have been on break, something or two was bound to be missed. Susano'o still doesn't have his special intro with Ichida's Chie either, so maybe he can be updated again with it so you don't just relayer the vignette on his Bloodsplitter only. For now, just the 4 already updated ones.
Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 09:50:36 am by ZolidSone
#813  January 17, 2022, 06:21:22 pm
    • USA
Alright, I fixed all of the stuff that I missed and gave Susano'o the special intro with Chie.

However, Ichida may want to make an adjustment to Chie's half of the interaction to reduce the gap between dialogue.
#814  January 17, 2022, 06:26:37 pm
    • USA
Would you do more Central Fiction characters like Taokaka and Hibiki?

#815  January 17, 2022, 11:31:05 pm
    • USA

However, Ichida may want to make an adjustment to Chie's half of the interaction to reduce the gap between dialogue.
Sure I'll let him know before he launches the updates to his characters. And I checked Ragna's running throw again since you did change the placement to make sure and it actually was misaligned previously since it was slightly lower before. So I guess the change to it was necessary after all and my mistake turned out to fix another thing.

You can leave the strong ground shockwave on Isaac and Charlotte as is. They do actually look fine layered behind on certain moves as the one on the opponent will be on the front anyway and I was only trying to come up with more reasons to update aside from the relayered vignette effect and special attribute flags. For Es and Hyde with their burst icons still seen during their astral heats, I'll see if there's still more things to them along with the rest. I won't need to check the ones from King K. Rool and onwards as I noticed the issues starting with him.

Edit: I just found out the vignette for Samus's Shine Spark is also not relayered when it's used in the air. If there are distortion drives that have air variants, there's a chance they are also not relayered too. I have to be careful that other things and moves not just the distortion drives can also have the vignette effect like Charlotte and Maid Taiga on certain occasions. I'm going back to my previous post with that feedback and cross out the ones that are fixed now so I can remember them easier in case I forgot.

Would you do more Central Fiction characters like Taokaka and Hibiki?
Don't give that guy who keeps spamming comments about the latter character on OHMSBY's videos what he wants. It's not cool.
Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 12:26:04 am by ZolidSone
#816  January 18, 2022, 02:12:39 am
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
#817  January 18, 2022, 11:28:00 am
    • USA

So when I told Ichida to reduce the gap between dialogue on Chie, I asked him to do the same for his Miyuki as she supposed to speak first. Since Misaka will get another update to fix Electro Fencer's attribute flag, vignette effects relayered, add Sanae's full name on trigger4 of the frog intro and her special interaction with Miyuki added, I decide to test her again to see what else can I find and I may have found a major bug on her:
-If 5C and/or jC have been used too many times in a round, it will cause debug flood.
-The vignette effect will play twice if each girder on Girder Striker somehow happens to hit separately (Not sure if it's possible to make it play just once if one girder hit the opponent already).

Usually a helper would end up disappearing, but they haven't and still remain though debug mode. Because of this, she can no longer be able to use her distortion drives and all effects and projectiles no longer appears. She can only use the 5C or jC 52 times before the character goes unstable. So the only thing she could do is attacks that don't involve projectiles or helpers. I haven't encountered an error that involved debug mode since testing Waldstein.
Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 02:26:51 pm by ZolidSone
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Misaka Quick Update (01/18/22)
#818  January 19, 2022, 05:07:46 am
    • USA
Misaka has been fixed.

Misaka
-Fixed an error where helpers would stop spawning after using 5C and/or jC a certain amount of times
-Vignette effect will now only play once during Girder Strike, even when each Girder hits at a different time

Also relayed the Vignette effect on the air Version of Samus' Shine spark and reuploaded her with that.

So when I told Ichida to reduce the gap between dialogue on Chie, I asked him to do the same for his Miyuki as she supposed to speak first.

In that case, it would be best to wait until he makes his update on Miyuki before I add Misaka's half of the intro. This way, it will be much easier to determine the timing of her dialogue.

#819  January 19, 2022, 05:15:39 am
    • Vietnam
    • sites.google.com/view/vinnie-mugen-projects/home
In that case, it would be best to wait until he makes his update on Miyuki before I add Misaka's half of the intro. This way, it will be much easier to determine the timing of her dialogue.

I didn't launch the update on Miyuki. But for your convenience, her voiceline stops at tick 185. So I think Misaka should start speaking at tick 200 or a bit later.
#820  January 19, 2022, 11:24:14 am
    • USA

Yeah, you're right. You'll have to do the same to Yu, Hyde and Mitsuru with their respective intros anyway along with the other things I mentioned, so might as well do her at the same time. So I'll see what I can find and you can update all of them when Ichida's updates are ready:
Yu:
-All versions of Swift Strike deals no chip damage and can't chip kill.

Hyde:
-The attribute flag of jC is S if the Dark Lotus projectile hits them instead (It does chip damage, but can't chip kill).

Mitsuru:
-It would look better if there was large sliding dust on the startup of 5BBB as she does a barrage of sword swings.
-2BB has no recovery and can deal a lot of damage if followed up repetitively with 5BBB.
-Although it does little damage, the opponent is unable to avoid running throw for two more times after it was rapid canceled twice consecutively.