YesNoOk

gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 2500981 times)

Started by Titiln, October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: gaming news that don't deserve their own thread
#9421  September 14, 2020, 02:00:11 am
I hate to drill into this topic farther then it needs to be, but why would they even add a DS character in the game ? if its to advertise the series they already have characters with DS skin

on the other hand having a character from Rival Schools like Akira being in the game makes more sense, as from my understanding , her own series take place in the same universe as SF
Rival Schools does happen in the same universe as SF but the fanbase had pretty much given up any hope of ever seeing it anywhere again after Capcom Fighting All Star died. There were completely baseless rumors (just wishful thinking, really) about Akira back when SF5 had only a dozen characters and Ono was hyping up Mika, but that went nowhere fast (well, there was a point where Ono said he was surprised that a French event was asking so much about that series and he said "sure, make noise about it, maybe Capcom will hear it", that's what got people believing). The guy who made the original couple of games has said a few times these last couple of years that he'd gladly make a new game, but everyone expects it to not happen. Seeing Akira now is pretty crazy - but I still don't think we should assume it means anything, seeing how Capcom treats its dead IPs and their assumptions about those IPs' fanbases (Megaman, Darkstalkers...).

About Darkstalkers, Macaulyn's post up there is the first I've heard of this rumor, I've no idea if there's any ground to it, and I don't have any hope that it'll turn true.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 02:09:19 am by Byakko
#9422  September 14, 2020, 04:07:18 am
    • Brazil
It IS just a rumor and I'm not going to pretend its a fact or anything of the sort. However, I think we shouldn't ignore that, in recent years, Capcom has been quite fanservicy with its releases, with Devil May Cry 5, two Resident Evil remakes that people wanted, a Megaman game, they clearly are making stuff that we like. Hell, the fact that they included Akira means that they ARE listening to what people want, since, AFAIK, she is a fan-favourite in Rival Schools. Again, the supposed Darkstalkers thing isn't a fact, BUT, its not really impossible to happen, considering its the last DLC character of SF5, I wouldn't be surprised if they're like "Here is Morrigan, you know her? She is from Darkstalkers" and later "Here is a new Darkstalkers game while we're cooking the next Street Fighter game". I never bought the idea that companies cannot have multiple fighting games, Bandai-Namco had Tekken and Soul Calibur together and they're both doing fine, they had success with Tekken being the big one and Soul Calibur being a smaller one. I could see Capcom doing the same with Street Fighter as the big one and another franchise (not necessarily Darkstalkers) as the smaller.
#9423  September 16, 2020, 09:46:57 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Aleste Collection coming for the PS4 and Switch.

Includes the Master System and Game Gear titles. Curiously missing Aleste 2, MUSHA and Super Aleste.
#9424  September 17, 2020, 05:01:34 am
    • Brazil
https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/devil-may-cry-5-special-edition-announced-for-ps5-xbox-series

Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition got announced on the PS5 showcase. It will also be available for Xbox Series X. The special edition will have Vergil as a playable character, Turbo Mode, Legendary Dark Knight Mode and many more. For those who already own the game on Xbox One, PS4 and Steam however are not going to get all of the additions that the special edition will bring. Only Vergil as separate DLC for 5 dollars. For those only want Vergil, this is ok but for those who want stuff like Turbo mode, well, tough shit boyo, you gonna have to buy a PS5 or a XBSX just to get it.
#9425  September 21, 2020, 03:30:31 pm
    • Brazil
Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 03:34:40 pm by Good_Wall533
#9426  September 21, 2020, 07:39:45 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#9427  September 21, 2020, 10:14:36 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
This is huge. Now that both Obsidian and Bethesda are both owned by Microsoft hopefully we can get can a proper Fallout game by the end of the generation. Cause we can all agree that Fallout 76 is basically a joke by now.
#9428  September 21, 2020, 11:49:17 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Bethesda has been a garbage company for years now I don't see forced console exclusivity doing anything to alleviate that.
#9429  September 22, 2020, 07:11:59 am
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
Well I can see this go into different possibility, firstly there could be a New Vegas or a proper Fallout made by Obsidian, Secondly we can see Elder Scrolls 6 be exclusive to Xbox with Microsoft allowing them all the time they need to develop the best yet, and Thirdly this can greatly increase the chances of Bungie (and Valve if possible) to be acquired. I understand the controversy and unexplainable marketing tactics that we have seen these past few years, but it’s for the better (hopefully, God help us all).
#9430  September 22, 2020, 08:54:37 am
This is just more reasons you should buy a PC for, you get the best of both world. Both Sony and Microsoft make console exclusives but they port them over to PC. Microsoft does that more, but Sony is starting to port over third party console exclusives (like Horizon Zero Dawn and Bloodborne).

PC is the best imo. Modern day consoles are glorified jukeboxes, you have to load them up with money every-time you want to have some fun.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#9431  September 22, 2020, 03:12:01 pm
    • Brazil
This is huge. Now that both Obsidian and Bethesda are both owned by Microsoft hopefully we can get can a proper Fallout game by the end of the generation. Cause we can all agree that Fallout 76 is basically a joke by now.
Fallout 76 was a joke from the start.

Bethesda has been a garbage company for years now I don't see forced console exclusivity doing anything to alleviate that.
I agree, it feels like it will only happen to cut a big part of the playerbase.
#9432  September 22, 2020, 09:23:08 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
This is just more reasons you should buy a PC for, you get the best of both world. Both Sony and Microsoft make console exclusives but they port them over to PC. Microsoft does that more, but Sony is starting to port over third party console exclusives (like Horizon Zero Dawn and Bloodborne).

PC is the best imo. Modern day consoles are glorified jukeboxes, you have to load them up with money every-time you want to have some fun.

Just hope the games you play have a really good anti cheat system or it will go to hell real fast. And get a really thick skin because flaming and toxicity is a lot more common.

Yea no, PC isn't the best.

Microsoft ports their console exclusives to PC because everyone runs Windows anyway and Sony isn't porting everything of theirs to PC.
#9433  September 23, 2020, 04:23:20 am
    • Brazil
I never bought the whole "PC master race" bullshit. Sure, it can have graphically superior versions of games, but I have my limits when it comes to caring about how good graphics are. Its too much of a hassle to build a PC when you can just buy the damn console and save yourself the trouble, not to mention its also easier to transport, and has really good exclusives... on the PlayStation and Nintendo side, at least, even if Sony ports some for PC.
#9434  September 23, 2020, 06:30:23 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I learned a good long while ago that art direction trumps any number thrown out to validate further pushing for graphics.  Certainly they were more of a topic of interest as 3D was finding its footing, but by the late PS2/Xbox/Gamecube to mid PS3/360 era they hit the point where I stopped caring beyond it being frosting on whatever cake is being served so long as the game has a clear vision and execution (Heck, some like Perfect Dark or Banjo-Kazooie make use of their early 3D graphics to be all the more memorable and contributes to the charm, frankly  Rare was good at that).  I can get a great deal more invested for the likes of Wind Waker or Mirror's Edge over the next Call of Duty.  As far as I'm concerned, Metroid Prime and Halo 3 are the best looking games ever.  And objectively Other M has every possible technological advantage over the entire Prime trilogy combined while on the same console and Halo 3 I'm playing as I type this again and it has literal blockheads with block eyes bugging out of their skulls for Humans.

As big a deal this purchase is for Microsoft, for the time being, I don't got much to say.  Bethesda's current contracts are left as is, so it's really the far away projects that will reflect whatever this entails, other than Microsoft enjoying the more immediate profits from their cross-platform games.  The optimist in me hopes for some more direct Doom X Halo friendly rivalry content akin to Doom had with Duke Nukem ages ago, but that's just me fanboying over green space marines.  What would be nice to come out of this though is getting that Microsoft money to get Bethesda to finally freaking upgrade their engine to something newer than that modified 2003 one they've got.
Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 06:33:26 am by Long John Killer
#9435  September 24, 2020, 09:11:24 am
Just hope the games you play have a really good anti cheat system or it will go to hell real fast. And get a really thick skin because flaming and toxicity is a lot more common.
Its too much of a hassle to build a PC when you can just buy the damn console and save yourself the trouble
those excuses are kind of... shit tbh.
cheating in multiplayer is games is not cool i get it, but is that enough to  deter me from getting a PC? fuck no, online servers are constantly getting fixes and banning hackers, any game that doesn't, is essentially asking its players to ditch it. also that last point is some dank bully hunters shit, just mute or block whoever trolling you dude.
you don't need to build a pc if you want one, there are services that do that for you.

and yes i get it, nintendo and sony's exclusives are worth the consoles i guess, but why buy a microsoft console?
all of their exclusive games and their gamepass service is on pc. not only that, but you also get access to tons of other good games that didn't cross over to the consoles market and the games that are playstation exclusive but got pc ports.
not enough? how about those:
free online mutliplayer, multiple online game vendors, cheap prices on games, refunds on steam, emulators, multiple controllers support, and free remote stream gaming (i guess this is available on consoles too).
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#9436  September 24, 2020, 01:11:18 pm
and yes i get it, nintendo and sony's exclusives are worth the consoles i guess, but why buy a microsoft console?
Wow.
Microsoft console is not a console, people who buy an Xbox might as well be buying a PC, console is PlayStation and Nintendo, that's the point. /troll
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#9437  September 24, 2020, 05:23:11 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
New XBox max specs costs 500 dollars

RTX 2070 by itself costs 500 dollars without the rest that you need because a card alone can't run a game

Pay 15 dollars more on that XBox a month and you get online (which yes it sucks that you have to pay for online but that cheese is old and moldy, where is the bathroom) but you also get every MS first party game, every Bethesda game now, last year's Madden and Fifa plus whatever else EA has in its vault like the Mass Effect trilogy and after what's left over is still the strongest offering of games you'll find especially for that value proposition

If Steam hadn't had its head up its own ass, maybe we could be talking about a consumer friendly PC Master Race but it did and we aren't

Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#9438  September 25, 2020, 05:48:29 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
those excuses are kind of... shit tbh.
cheating in multiplayer is games is not cool i get it, but is that enough to  deter me from getting a PC? fuck no, online servers are constantly getting fixes and banning hackers, any game that doesn't, is essentially asking its players to ditch it. also that last point is some dank bully hunters shit, just mute or block whoever trolling you dude.
you don't need to build a pc if you want one, there are services that do that for you.

Again, your game better have a good anti cheat software and have the tools to crack down on them ASAP. You're downplaying the issue too much when even triple A studios can have a hacker infestation in their games (See: COD Warzone and GTA Online)

Yea, I can shut off text and voice chat but it won't change facts.

Sony and Microsoft force you to pat for online but st least they give you other things along with that(Extra discounts and Monthly free games for example)

Let's not ignore that PC as just a gaming device isn't quite as cost effective as a dedicated gaming console.
#9439  September 27, 2020, 01:38:26 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
The previously announced Aleste Collection will include a new game, titled GG Aleste 3. This game will also receive a physical release for the Game Gear.

#9440  October 02, 2020, 11:37:17 am
Is here anyone who also likes Poker just like me? Does someone maybe have a suggestion for a good card shuffler? I just found one on this review: https://www.hobbylux.de/kartenmischmaschine-test/ (i know it's in german but you can translate it with translators)... i am interested in the GreatGadgets 2128 but i wanted some recommendations from you guys ;)

Lots of thanks already :)
Have a nice weekend