YesNoOk

EX / Fighting Layer: New Arika fighting game (Read 633513 times)

Started by Renzo F, April 01, 2017, 04:40:22 pm
Share this topic:
Re: EX / Fighting Layer: New Arika fighting game
#21  April 02, 2017, 04:53:44 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
This should prove interesting.
#22  April 02, 2017, 05:16:43 pm
  • Secrets are just answers to the wrong questions...
  • www.newagemugen.com
    • Greece
    • sakchak322@hotmail.com
    • www.newagemugen.com
Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 05:25:50 pm by PhantomD
#23  April 02, 2017, 05:29:11 pm
terrible
#24  April 02, 2017, 06:01:21 pm
    • Peru
I don't see how the possibility of this game is a blow for Capcom. A lot of people wanted Arika characters back, and now they have it, but the game won't feature Capcom characters.
#25  April 02, 2017, 06:30:33 pm
  • $-$**Dreaming**$-$
    • South Korea
    • https://blog.naver.com/PostList.naver?blogId=blood72&from=postList&categoryNo=159
Dont quote me on this but iirc, Akira Nishitani (nin nin) aka the arika boss, and Akiman aka capcom boss made SF2 Together in  the 90s, then Akira left capcom to make his own company punning his name, alas "Arika" , but between the time of SF EX3 being made and the release of SF4, there was some sort of falling out and there is some bad blood between them or something.

I dunno if true or not but I recall reading on some forum that the reason ex3 was so unfinished was due to Arika staff defecting back to capcom to develop SF4 because they knew capcom were working on it already. There was even supposed to be an EX4 game called "project ex" which you can find beta images art artwork of ken on the interwebs somewhere for.
Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 06:35:42 pm by Zazamyon2
#26  April 02, 2017, 06:36:32 pm
I recall reading on some forum that the reason ex3 was so unfinished was due to Arika staff defecting back to capcom to develop SF4 because they knew capcom were working on it already.
EX3 came out in 2000, 4 came out in 2008. Capcom wasn't working on SF4, they'd given up. "Project EX" wasn't an SFEX4, it was Arika's previous (development) version of what we have now, which is a sequel to Fighting Layer. I don't recall it having Ken, Project EX was a tech demo of Hokuto and I think Kairi. Arika put out a tweet but then deleted it where they revealed the name as Fighting EX Layer, but that could just as well be a temporary name.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 06:49:04 pm by Byakko
#27  April 02, 2017, 07:55:37 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
I recall reading on some forum that the reason ex3 was so unfinished was due to Arika staff defecting back to capcom to develop SF4 because they knew capcom were working on it already.
EX3 came out in 2000, 4 came out in 2008. Capcom wasn't working on SF4, they'd given up. "Project EX" wasn't an SFEX4, it was Arika's previous (development) version of what we have now, which is a sequel to Fighting Layer. I don't recall it having Ken, Project EX was a tech demo of Hokuto and I think Kairi. Arika put out a tweet but then deleted it where they revealed the name as Fighting EX Layer, but that could just as well be a temporary name.

This. That rumor is flawed on the basis that Ono outright admitted he pretty much had to beg Capcom constantly just for SF4 to be a thing. Between EX3's release date and SF4's, there's no way that they defected at all at any point due to how extremely long the difference between releases was.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#28  April 02, 2017, 08:15:21 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
They should add the roster of the original Fighting Layer and EX (without street fighter character​s) . The really need to add that announcer from Fighting Layer as well "Are you right are you ready go!

bme

#29  April 02, 2017, 09:08:46 pm
    • Canada
I've only played EX2 out of all the Street Fighter EX games a long time ago but this looks impressive.
#30  April 03, 2017, 02:10:41 am
  • www.newagemugen.com
    • Greece
    • sakchak322@hotmail.com
    • www.newagemugen.com

Project EX is another game unreleased game from Arika and the video is on yt of it.
The cancelled SF EX4 game with Ken Art is this:

There s more info in the description. Seems this was cancelled due to SF4
#31  April 03, 2017, 02:13:20 am
That's definitely fake.
In fact, the comments point out where those models come from.
The "project EX" I know of is this

Better known as Fighting Sample (actually I'm not sure the "project EX" was a real title). It's basically the demo that came before the one we have now. There were also screenshots - in fact, looking at those shots again, Hokuto is wearing the exact same outfit (which isn't exactly the one she had in EX3 so you can see how long they've been working on this), and of course Blair is there, as well as Shadow Geist in an improved costume, cool, I don't remember seeing that one back then.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 02:20:57 am by Byakko
#32  April 03, 2017, 02:16:48 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#33  April 03, 2017, 03:36:35 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
I really hate that sound fx when the characters doing a super. Sounds like a weak vacuum cleaner.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#34  April 03, 2017, 05:25:43 am
    • Peru
It's a classic in the EX series.
#35  April 03, 2017, 09:23:40 am
  • WE ARE NESTS: THE NEW WORLD ORDER
    • USA
#36  April 03, 2017, 02:09:28 pm
  • Wandering....

Project EX is another game unreleased game from Arika and the video is on yt of it.
The cancelled SF EX4 game with Ken Art is this:
[youtube]UAgKfNGGjR0[/youtube]
There s more info in the description. Seems this was cancelled due to SF4

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2007-12-27/20071227021945276,1.shtml

http://www.4gamer.net/games/042/G004242/20071205001/

According to the site it was from Perfect KO!

I remember reading sometime that there was a SF4 rumor development but latter canned. dunno if it was true, then later with Sirlin proposal in 2006... Ono's SF4 project 

Capcom used hyper fighting in Xbox live was used to gauge interest on development fro SF4.

Arika was somewhat involve in Capcom Fighting All-stars.
Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 02:12:43 pm by The Shakunetsu
#37  April 03, 2017, 04:33:56 pm
  • $-$**Dreaming**$-$
    • South Korea
    • https://blog.naver.com/PostList.naver?blogId=blood72&from=postList&categoryNo=159
Wow I never knew alot of this stuff. Well yeah that explais everything. I really really hope Bandai Namco get behind the Arika EX title, Harada could work wonders with the series. I could so see a crossover title with ex and tekken characters being a thing. I like it how the Ex chars look more cooler and less fat cartoony like SF4 and 5.
#38  April 03, 2017, 04:45:39 pm
#39  April 04, 2017, 07:31:06 am
  • www.newagemugen.com
    • Greece
    • sakchak322@hotmail.com
    • www.newagemugen.com
judging from the demo fight of Kairi and garuda, they have added back and front dashing. Hell, I don't care if this is just street fighter EX2 plus with dashing and 8 way movement.
I'd still buy a ps4 just to play it for that alone

ZX2

#40  April 05, 2017, 11:14:02 pm
  • Bringer of Unseen Tales
  • The Finale Begins With You~

Wow thats cringe worthy.

Oh god this meme hurts as bad as seeing Etika's "Fresh of the Mother *****ing Block" Video from when he was young X(

Also I just recently got interest in the EX series. Saw SF EX3 on the shelf of my local retro retail conveniently before there was a Arika trailer, and next day just grabbed it off the shelf since I had enough in my pocket (Out of curiosity since I knew it was a thing but never EVER played the game before). But still this meme is cringey

I really really hope Bandai Namco get behind the Arika EX title, Harada could work wonders with the series. I could so see a crossover title with ex and tekken characters being a thing. I like it how the Ex chars look more cooler and less fat cartoony like SF4 and 5.
Well they did say they were gonna add two guest dlc characters from other fighting games (Not under Namco's name) or a non-fighting game character. I do see Namco giving Arika a hand with the 3D movement cause at first the combos do connect but it seems like the character is sliding off while being hit by a combo, which need tracking on a successful hit. I likey though
Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 10:51:35 am by ZX2