YesNoOk

Hello Mugen world!!! whats new? How are things in the community (Read 141086 times)

Started by alexlexus, July 03, 2019, 09:10:55 pm
Share this topic:
Hello Mugen world!!! whats new? How are things in the community
#1  July 03, 2019, 09:10:55 pm
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
I wanted to say hello , its been many years since I have been in the mugen universe since my retirement. I am sure there are new faces and new creations out there. I was trying to read a few threads on some updates but like to interact with those i knew here.

I saw my gouken was used in different remakes. I am honored to see he inspired creators. kinda miss making characters , life bars, and other WIPS. I hope there is new generation born full of new Ideas and concepts.

I want to visit more often and see what the community is cookin

Alexlexus ( former mugen creator)
nMo new generation of mugen exposure
Re: Hello Mugen world!!! whats new? How are things in the community
#2  July 03, 2019, 09:45:36 pm
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
I wanted to say hello , its been many years since I have been in the mugen universe since my retirement. I am sure there are new faces and new creations out there. I was trying to read a few threads on some updates but like to interact with those i knew here.

I saw my gouken was used in different remakes. I am honored to see he inspired creators. kinda miss making characters , life bars, and other WIPS. I hope there is new generation born full of new Ideas and concepts.

Welcome back alexlexus it's been a while since you improve? i guess
anyway The_None posted the video like 6 years ago and it posted a feedback to it:

so can you remastered this please.
#3  July 03, 2019, 10:28:16 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
The only thing that has changed is that everyone wants to be P.o.t.S now.

That's it.
#4  July 03, 2019, 10:48:12 pm
  • KFC
    • USA

That's it.

I agree but there some ahem "good ones" like Jmorphman, PotS Himself, DivineWolf, (i guess) Froz, Victorys and etc etc etc.

Except the modern ones.
#5  July 03, 2019, 11:03:34 pm
    • USA
It’s more take what you can get, or pay for it. With a handful of creators you don’t have many options unless you are willing to pony up. Have you seen saltybet lately? Even that is struggling. See how far active projects go beyond the first pages, see the new standard for “edits”. That hope/era died a long time ago, mugen is still around though, you aren’t missing anything.

Who made those Asura sprites? Did you? You said you wanted to update them, hopefully to make them look more like the ending. I’m interested in that if you want something to do.

Passive aggressive comments like these ^ still reign.
#6  July 03, 2019, 11:07:19 pm
  • KFC
    • USA
Let's not get into drama ok.
#7  July 03, 2019, 11:09:33 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Don't egg him on
#8  July 03, 2019, 11:26:37 pm
    • USA
#9  July 03, 2019, 11:33:54 pm
  • KFC
    • USA
I’m not even going to say anything lol
Just look what you started/ended with. No respect. 

are you threatening me? i know that am acting childish but threatening is not a good thing.
#10  July 03, 2019, 11:36:47 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#11  July 03, 2019, 11:38:39 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Heya. I never personally knew you, but I've heard a lot about you nonetheless. Welcome back :)

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#12  July 03, 2019, 11:58:57 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com

anyway The_None posted the video like 6 years ago and it posted a feedback to it:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GDPuc_5K7c[/youtube]

why the hell would you post a 6 year old video meant to cause drama 6 years ago to someone asking whats new in the community?
#13  July 03, 2019, 11:59:43 pm
    • USA
Welcome back @alexlexus: I nice to see a veteran back, I’m scramble, a old, yet new member of MUGEN, I’ll give you a little background about me, majority works I ever did was Color Separation, so I’m kinda partial to MUGEN creation, but enough about me, please to see you
#14  July 04, 2019, 12:11:52 am
  • KFC
    • USA
why the hell would you post a 6 year old video meant to cause drama 6 years ago to someone asking whats new in the community?

tough question, anyway because of the glitches, the hitboxes, the roster, the obvious characters? and so on and on and on and on
and also please everybody who's starts complaining about pots or something including me Shut The Fuck Up i can't handle this shit because of the drama or something blah blah blah, but please stop complaining ok.
Note: Plz don't ban me i have wife and children i can't go to the prison, please have mercy.
#15  July 04, 2019, 12:14:10 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Dude, he made the game years ago. Why would he or anyone still care about something he made that long ago? DO you hold the things you made 6 years ago to the same standards you have now?
#16  July 04, 2019, 12:14:49 am
Hey Alex (and not Alexsin of course).

Anyhow, welcome back and I was wondering where you went. RL can be a such a bitch. Many folks come and go. If you have questions or want to know about coding, please knock yourself out.
#17  July 04, 2019, 12:15:46 am
  • KFC
    • USA
Dude, he made the game years ago. Why would he or anyone still care about something he made that long ago? DO you hold the things you made 6 years ago to the same standards you have now?

No, i don't.
#18  July 04, 2019, 12:17:16 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
In that case, I hope you can come to understand how ridiculous you look posting that video
#19  July 04, 2019, 12:20:13 am
  • KFC
    • USA
In that case, I hope you can come to understand how ridiculous you look posting that video

i'm sorry if i posted a video that started a drama like a 6 years ago and it started now, i apologize for that.
#20  July 04, 2019, 01:55:29 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
That’s your last post in this thread. Don’t continue posting. Welcome back Alexlexus! Download my HDBZ chars I made. They’re all you missed  :muttrox:
#21  July 04, 2019, 02:13:05 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
He can afford to miss them still :}

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#22  July 04, 2019, 02:38:30 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Still some people with no sense of taste too  :picco:
#23  July 04, 2019, 02:38:48 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I don't think we've spoken before, but if not, first: welcome back to the community. Second: nice to meet you. It's very rare for a MUGEN veteran to return to the forum after years of absence. What's new... well... the others have already explained to you. As for me, I'm working on a project that's been ongoing for over a year now... I'm still working on it but slowly due to RL stuff and other interests elsewhere. Anyway, hope you re-enjoy your stay.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#24  July 04, 2019, 03:55:25 am
  • Working on MUGEN characters, 24/7.
    • Australia
Welcome back. :)
#25  July 04, 2019, 09:07:52 am
nice to see you back  :truestory: I remember you took Mugen to a fighting game event called "East Coast Throw Down 2010" years ago:
it is still my favorite video to watch most of the time  :8): I am curious to know if you will be hosting similar Mugen events in future?

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 09:19:14 am by tehdevil
#26  August 12, 2019, 12:49:43 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GDPuc_5K7c[/youtube]

I finally wanted to give some light to the compliation project seen in the video. I took the full on force of the feedback given on chaacters i didn't directly create. violent ken was not my creation but I partnered with creators to share our characters in one game. with that said i was directly resposible for gouken , chun li,  and a few others. my former associate anomaly also made the very unfinished ken. he insisted that i put in him the project  while i was teaching him how to code for mugen. i hope that clears things up and I wish i did a better QA/QC to chatch these isssues but i was already having my time consumed with gouken.
#27  August 12, 2019, 12:52:06 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
That’s your last post in this thread. Don’t continue posting. Welcome back Alexlexus! Download my HDBZ chars I made. They’re all you missed  :muttrox:

i am still looking around. I would like to stream your characters on my twitch
#28  August 12, 2019, 01:39:02 am
    • USA
i know he was a little rough and admit that using my gouken base( my first offical character release) wasn't the best choice. i can try to tune him up and see what the results are.
I'm a bit more confident now... So.. I was hoping the original creator of the sprites could help me improve the base before I separate him, "if" interested.
I share the vision that we can make things close to commercial quality if we put the time in. I plan to basically remake all of the arcs of the 2D fighters of Cap/SNK using 2D animation. I want to make "Asura" a real boss, but change the name etc.

Some examples, or just check out my channel. Been slowly building a platform to give more exposure to Ikemen & all things mugen related as well. That's something you old heads may not have known about, but yeah... Things aren't dead just yet.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#29  August 19, 2019, 08:27:20 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
i know he was a little rough and admit that using my gouken base( my first offical character release) wasn't the best choice. i can try to tune him up and see what the results are.
I'm a bit more confident now... So.. I was hoping the original creator of the sprites could help me improve the base before I separate him, "if" interested.
I share the vision that we can make things close to commercial quality if we put the time in. I plan to basically remake all of the arcs of the 2D fighters of Cap/SNK using 2D animation. I want to make "Asura" a real boss, but change the name etc.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGKUkvzTofw[/youtube]

Some examples, or just check out my channel. Been slowly building a platform to give more exposure to Ikemen & all things mugen related as well. That's something you old heads may not have known about, but yeah... Things aren't dead just yet.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

i wish for you to succeed. i lacked the support of key people who had a range of influence. my hope is that you have the right supports like i once did in my prime to help with mugen exposure. capcom and the companies look at our work. seht killian told me himself. they consider it fan art. they draw inpsiration from the fans folks. its not in vain trust me. work on you got this.
#30  August 19, 2019, 09:48:31 am
    • USA
Nope, similar story I'm coming up on my own merit, but I won't get into any of that. I do it for the love and only it. This place has never supported me till this day, but that's not important. I just want to know who the original author of the Asura sprites is, anything else regarding this forum community is irrelevant. These days we are building our own community, just add me on YouTube if interested.

Forums are all, but dead. You guys could always join a discord, though those usually focus on gossip more than actual content. You might get lucky though idk. You guys don't need to hide out anymore, you can have fun out in the open again, sounds silly to say I know, but how many of you quit because of something dumb.
Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 11:11:57 am by 2Dee4ever
Re: Mugen Guild Reopened Database Feedback Thread (upd. 30/12/2016 + B-kun is out)
#31  August 19, 2019, 10:05:45 am
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
Welcome back Alex, I was out of Mugen and Mugen forums too, sometimes too much drama, elite can be discouraging and also the lack of skills.

I remember you from the times from Mugen Infantry, in fact I remember one of your video and your exact words at the beginning "hey check it out, mugen infantry" blah blah blah

I did remember how you wanted to make unique characters but werent good enough sometimes (it happens to a lot of us), I tried to help with your Dante standing animation.

I do believe we are following on Instagram.

Anyways, cool to see you here, from what I have seen, Mugen standards are higher now, characters are more polished but also (at least imo) Mugen itself is harder to work with and less content is released.
            Zorf Giudecca
#32  September 05, 2019, 04:32:25 am
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
Wellcome back! I must say that i’ve played a lot with your gouken! Thank you!
#33  September 05, 2019, 07:27:59 pm
  • I must continue my training...
Wow...it's really you. 10 years into mugen and I'm pretty sure this is the first time I said hello. Mained your Gouken even in It's early days. Btw you are responsible for my single most favorite post in all of mugen.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#34  October 14, 2019, 07:11:06 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
nice to see you back  :truestory: I remember you took Mugen to a fighting game event called "East Coast Throw Down 2010" years ago:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpDDZsSsK_A[/youtube] it is still my favorite video to watch most of the time  :8): I am curious to know if you will be hosting similar Mugen events in future?

i might start off streaming first. I got into motorcycles since i took leave for a few years. so in the winter months i might cook something up.

I am considering finish my gouken sprite update too!!!
#35  October 14, 2019, 07:17:30 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
Wow...it's really you. 10 years into mugen and I'm pretty sure this is the first time I said hello. Mained your Gouken even in It's early days. Btw you are responsible for my single most favorite post in all of mugen.

wow thanks man that a honor to hear. this kinda makes me what to work on stuff again. gotta see how i have time in my new life.
#36  December 30, 2019, 12:19:54 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
#37  January 02, 2020, 03:09:19 am
    • Canada
Yo Alex! It's KojiroBADNESS (iAdaam)

Craaazy to see you back too. After my 3-4 year hiatus, the community seems to be quite a bit smaller now. Drama/Bad Energy still seems to be at a peak with some folks, but even with that said, overall... Mugen content has definitely gotten better. And with Ikemen GO on the rise, it's already making big changes to the engine so things could get very interesting within the year.
I've also taken notice to quite a few of us old school cats rolling back in over the past few months. Coincidence?! :ninja:

That's it.

That about made me choke. :ilied:
#38  January 02, 2020, 05:03:51 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I've also taken notice to quite a few of us old school cats rolling back in over the past few months. Coincidence?! :ninja:

I wonder if it's nostalgia and the change of the decade; like since the past year I have felt like going back to make some mugen content after 5 or so years without much interest; thankfully I got a side project that blocks me from doing so, maybe when that one is complete.
#39  January 05, 2020, 11:03:34 am
  • Non est hoc propter hoc sed propter est hoc
    • USA
    • doubletrend-zeta.neocities.org/
You hope you can return to it with the enthusiasm you had like 8 years ago. Then you get into it and get bogged down and wonder how you had the free time to do it back then.
#40  January 15, 2020, 11:01:46 am
  • Secrets are just answers to the wrong questions...
  • www.newagemugen.com
    • Greece
    • sakchak322@hotmail.com
    • www.newagemugen.com
Yoooo Whatsup Man! LOL i'm guessing you posted here after I hit you up about the Interview thing on YT week or so ago.
Anyway yeah as you probably can see, Mugen still going strong haha.
You'll probably hear this that and the other about whether it's better/worse/shit/good compared to the old days when we used to kick it,
but in general things are good in mugen - Discord makes it easier for us to create and work together on projects,
and form better friendships and share info faster etc.

BTW we still need to square off at some KI sometime coz I know you got dat lol.
Anyway you should come join our Newagemugen Discord bro, few of the old heads wanted to catch up with you there aswell.
Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 11:06:47 am by PhantomD
#41  December 03, 2020, 12:39:10 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
Yoooo Whatsup Man! LOL i'm guessing you posted here after I hit you up about the Interview thing on YT week or so ago.
Anyway yeah as you probably can see, Mugen still going strong haha.
You'll probably hear this that and the other about whether it's better/worse/shit/good compared to the old days when we used to kick it,
but in general things are good in mugen - Discord makes it easier for us to create and work together on projects,
and form better friendships and share info faster etc.

BTW we still need to square off at some KI sometime coz I know you got dat lol.
Anyway you should come join our Newagemugen Discord bro, few of the old heads wanted to catch up with you there aswell.

im down bro would be honored.

bad news. i lost some files to my half gi gouken sprites. i was planning on doing a suprise release but havent had time to rework my hybrid gouken look.

i do have mt Dan sprites sf3 styled. maybe needed to work harder in the summer to get him ready for a sfv release launch. time will tell.

#42  December 05, 2020, 10:29:42 pm

That's it.

In response to an old quote - IMO nothing has changed then. People have wanted to be POTs since like 2007. Nothing wrong with that though. His characters were solid. 
#43  January 21, 2021, 01:10:01 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/

Surprise?
got something in the works

#44  January 21, 2021, 01:10:55 am
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#45  January 21, 2021, 01:14:27 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
#46  January 30, 2021, 09:29:41 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
should have some updates in a few weeks
#47  February 04, 2021, 08:01:15 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/

sprite update and stream
#48  February 15, 2021, 08:52:55 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
#49  May 04, 2021, 01:50:27 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
#50  May 04, 2021, 08:29:27 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
So what part u actually updated my friend. Not being funny, it’s been a minute. Since I seen your fighter in action. Besides that, good to know you is doing ok. Take care and keep pushing hard in the paint.
#51  May 06, 2021, 12:06:39 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
updating his look mainly and a few changes here and there. making some very minor additions.
#52  October 05, 2022, 03:15:08 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/

Half Gi Gouken update and projected changes
#53  March 12, 2023, 04:43:28 pm
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
#54  March 24, 2023, 09:50:55 pm
  • For me, it was Tuesday.
    • Ireland
I never met you, but welcome back!
Just came to this thread, and I have to say, this Gouken is looking good! Keep up the good work, mate! :gugoi:

Your powers shall feed my ambitions nicely!
#55  April 12, 2023, 07:05:08 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
thanks bro. more updates coming. making him 1.0 friendly with Sir ghost. a  release is coming.