YesNoOk

Mugen is now 20 years old (Read 362922 times)

Started by Amidweiz, July 17, 2019, 08:00:34 am
Share this topic:
Re: Mugen is now 20 years old
#41  July 29, 2019, 10:04:27 pm
    • Morocco
Well...Happy Birthday (again) M.U.G.E.N ! And just like many others here,discovered it with winmugen compilations,the first ones i played were Mugen Tournament 3 & MK vs KOF
#42  July 30, 2019, 03:43:36 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Maybe i can list some creators that are on MUGEN for so long and still around.

- O Ilusionista, the one that inspired me. :)
- Vegaz_Parrelli
- Basara-kun
- Infinite
- Kamekaze
- Balthazar
- XGargoyle
- Sean Altly
- Swipergod
- Contortillas/Violin Ken
- Just no Point
- The_None
- Jmorphman
- Jesuszilla
- DivineWolf
- Ricepigeon
- GLB
- Dissidia
- Ryoucchi / Ryou
- Baby Bonnie Hood
- Warner
- ELECTRO
- PlasmoidThunder
- RoySquadRocks
- Beto
- Gazira
- BoyBoyz
- Dan Mt. / Speedster
- ZVitor
- DrKelexo
- Gladiacloud
- RACE AKIRA
- Kirishima
- Margatroid
- Kohaku
- Websta
- Vyn
And many more. :P

There others fellas that are into MUGEN recently and did such great stuff so far.

Still miss some guys that are no longer with us like Reuben Kee and Tamez.

And i miss such great creators that aren't on MUGEN anymore. But they have their reasons.
#43  July 30, 2019, 08:59:41 pm
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA
BEHOLD, MORTALS, THE VIDEO THAT INTRODUCED ME TO MUGEN AS A KID

(thank god the video description told me what game this was, or I would have never found out what MUGEN was!)
Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 09:03:58 pm by Cyborg Sun
#44  July 31, 2019, 03:37:39 am
  • Future Funk Punk
    • Canada
Similar to my man posting above,

The rest is history.
#45  July 31, 2019, 04:26:26 am
Happy 20th Birthday Mugen  :party:

I first encounter Mugen in year 2001 at a PC centre in my local where I saw screenshots of Gouki vs. Shingo Yabuki in kof99's Raining park stage, Sagat vs. Joe Higashi in kof96's Iori stage and so on which those screenshots can be found on NeoGouki's website and I thought it was another sequel of Capcom vs. SNK series  :P The PC centre was for leisure and doing internet research for people who don't have internet access. My friend introduced this PC Centre for me to do internet research for school works and gaming leisure. I found out Mugen where the PC Centre had this Mugen game and I play the hell out of it for my entire days until the PC centre was closed down somewhere in mid year of 2002 :mlol: My best favorite and first character that I used was Gouki by VK  :gouki: He was top tier in that roster, but Orochi by VK was god tier :P Now it has been 18 years since I know about Mugen but for now, I don't really have time for Mugen as real life has been very busy for me. I do check some Mugen release and trying out some newly released characters (mostly my favorite characters such as Shin Gouki by GK, Gouki by deathscythe and so on) from time to time.

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#46  July 31, 2019, 07:50:06 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
Happy Birthday M.U.G.E.N.

I got in here by mere curiosity... when i was 11 years old my brother showed me a video about Everything vs Everything, i told me about it, winmugen was my first entry, i downloaded a compilation using the Mugen Fighting Jam Screenpack, but a normal version, not 999 chars version, more like a normal select.def, and it had all i needed, Reu's chars, Goku and Vegeta, plenty of new cool things for me, 2008 and 2009 were my years bae... and they weren't at the same time, since i lost my mom on that period.

That's the most resumed version i could type.

Whatever... 10 years later, having it as a growing hobbie, i am still here and i truly like it, as always... the AVPboy sends his salute to the hole community, even if some of you may not like me.
#47  August 05, 2019, 04:58:44 am
  • Look out for falling Roadrollers
    • USA
Well to be perfectly frank, my first introductions with Mugen weren't that great. Due to Youtube's wack recommendations, several years back my viewing experiences of fighting games eventually led me to Minotaur and Kuromaru mugen videos (great content I know).

A couple years later and I decided to look into mugen seriously by looking into HDBZ and I believe a semi-random Marvel vs Capcom compilation. Then like 2-4ish years later I found out Mugen Fighter's Guild was a thing and got myself involved minimally. That leaves me to now in which I've made an account here and have done slightly more in mugen then I did several years ago. Really though I like what I've seen and am happy to see how the engine has grown.
#48  August 06, 2019, 10:18:37 am
  • The Best of Both Worlds
  • SuperStar
Happy B. Day MUGEN.
I will try to write short story as I can.I remember parents take to the place with pc and internet, and later me, we can went alone.
Me and my best friend were browing near the end of the world and y2k menace lookin for SF and KOF artworks,sprites and gamesages kof 98 movelist,we liked create CAWS in games as Deadly Arts or Smackdown 2 and others.
then found a picture Krizalid and Krauser vs Goenitz and Kyo ,that reads MUGEN,we think was a photoshop image or something.No, was a game, then downloaded it from elecbyte page,it got only the Kung Fu man and his stage,we read how add it,lookin for more, founding now died sites as leechgames.com -it had many Samurai Shodown characters and some KOF 98 as Chris or Ralf-,Mugen FR,Mugen Enciclopedia,The Pit Mugen.Many stages was found too.That bunch of stuff was burned in a CD playing around the time.2002 I got my first Pc a P4 then we can play at house,I told one day maybe I would make stuff for mugen, around 2005 I did some stages but never released officially,only shared around forum people or email.
I was busy studying and learning more,of course playing games,later around 2011 I started with my first mugen character ripping from a mobile game.
The sad part is she never saw her Mugen character done,even she did some stuff as recording some voices and sounds which I used in her mugenization.
I seen many sites and forums dying around time,I hope this one keeps alive for a long time.

Mugen4Ever

sorry here is 4:20 am and english can be broken or weird.

#49  August 06, 2019, 04:25:40 pm
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
i found mugen looking for a downloadable version of MKT because i wanted to play it and i was like 12/13? and it was like 2007/2008 so buying it wasn't much of an option

then i came across mkp 4.1

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

this one,

and i obviously downloaded it, I noticed the launch application was named M.U.G.E.N once you opened the game.

i researched that, and now here i am.
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#50  August 06, 2019, 07:38:58 pm
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/
Well to be perfectly frank, my first introductions with Mugen weren't that great. Due to Youtube's wack recommendations, several years back my viewing experiences of fighting games eventually led me to Minotaur and Kuromaru mugen videos (great content I know).
that was the reason because I back to mugen..I wish those creators improve it....I had 14 when I was start browsing in andre lopes page and sadly that site became the boring Mugen &"artwork" instead the legendary "Mugen & Hentai"....the same time met mugen forums like planet mugen and paodemugen (the minimal age to register in forums was 13..I never care it I was 1 year on)....being hated since day one because that mugen taste...
-I hate haters and S.o.S chars.....
-time to migrate from winmugen...
#51  August 06, 2019, 09:34:11 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
weren't you banned?
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#52  August 07, 2019, 02:05:48 am
when I was start browsing in andre lopes page and sadly that site became the boring Mugen &"artwork" instead the legendary "Mugen & Hentai"....t
lol, that was the first Mugen website that I visited after typing "Mugen 2000.07.31"on the search engine as shown in that Mugen title that I played at my local PC centre in year 2001  :P I was shocked to see the contents in it and quickly exits the browser  :mlol: eventually, I got into Electbyte's website and some of the websites that were linked there

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#53  August 07, 2019, 02:27:51 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Long ass story : Just my story on how I got into mugen and what it did for me
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
In conclusion : Thank you mugen and happy birthday!!!
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#54  August 07, 2019, 02:34:43 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
that was the reason because I back to mugen..I wish those creators improve it....I had 14 when I was start browsing in andre lopes page and sadly that site became the boring Mugen &"artwork" instead the legendary "Mugen & Hentai"....the same time met mugen forums like planet mugen and paodemugen (the minimal age to register in forums was 13..I never care it I was 1 year on)....being hated since day one because that mugen taste...

Here we go again with your S.o.S...
No one is hated for a taste in something. Many people like different things but they have a common sense, you don't need to tell everyone "i like hentai" and expect that people just accept it. Yet you've been warned about this and instead of keeping your so loved taste to yourself you're spreading it out again, asking to be banned one more time.
#55  August 07, 2019, 12:45:42 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
Oh wow.. I'm gonna turn 20 next year :lol:

But anyway, I gotta thank...

-My brother
-Phantom.of.the.server
-Jmorphman
-Balthazar

For bringing me here
MUGEN may not be perfect but it's really fun for some reason

Don't remember how I got here but just Pots style characters and Hyper DBZ
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 12:50:50 pm by Hunter Cerberus
#56  August 07, 2019, 10:22:38 pm
  • PANTERA: VULGAR DISPLAY OF POWER
  • business as usual
    • New Zealand
happy late birthday mugen
despite your own creator pretty much going awol for the rest of time we're still here to keep you around

shoutout to BoggyTheWorm for creating the following video which i discovered by accident (via looking at lego super smash brothers videos on youtube long long ago)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc6PVBBz4ZU

long live the new era of mugen
"I'm the only genius in the whole fucking business." - Director of the cinematic adaptation of Postal
#57  August 08, 2019, 01:27:50 am
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico
    • Skype - Shimmering Brony
    • sites.google.com/view/shim-m-u-g-e-n/home
My story on how I got into MUGEN:

Spoiler: Long story with videos. (click to see content)
Nep-Nep-Nep! Nep-Nep-Nep-Nep-Nep-Neeeeep!

Support me on PayPal!
#58  August 08, 2019, 03:46:47 am
  • R.I.P Mugen 1999-202X
    • USA
    • mugen.wikia.com/User:Jenngra505

There's still time to wish Mugen a happy birthday? Well then, Happy Belated Birthday to the game engine that changed my life forever.
Hopefully someday I'll be able to make the little puffball on my profile pic.
(Sprite edited from Scrollboss' sprite)
#59  August 08, 2019, 06:14:43 pm
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/

Here we go again with your S.o.S...
No one is hated for a taste in something. Many people like different things but they have a common sense, you don't need to tell everyone "i like hentai" and expect that people just accept it. Yet you've been warned about this and instead of keeping your so loved taste to yourself you're spreading it out again, asking to be banned one more time.
believe or not I was hated because that..is a long history but that carried some people stole my email, make hate videos at youtube,stole my social network passwords,hack my messenger and other etcetera...of course I got screenshots and saved from other forum ..today that forum is gone..files to people who wants to know it read it..is in spanish and english...
I was not the only one which met mugen because that andre lopes page..and that is I like..as you read more than me likes it and I just told how I came...
-I hate haters and S.o.S chars.....
-time to migrate from winmugen...
Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 06:19:19 pm by Jessy
#60  August 08, 2019, 06:20:44 pm
    • Turkey
Excuse me jessy.I Like your contents.But i think you should keep your opinions to yourself as no one cares about it.