YesNoOk

Varadd not adding up after canceling on the same frame? Custom Juggle Point help (Read 1508 times)

Started by krudelu, November 23, 2020, 02:50:40 pm
Share this topic:
Varadd not adding up after canceling on the same frame? Custom Juggle Point help
#1  November 23, 2020, 02:50:40 pm
  • (>owo)><(owo<)
I'm not sure if posting a new topic and deleting the old one, or rewriting the last topic I made would be better but I decided to just make a new one and delete the old one since I think I found something different to the issue I was having as opposed to what I think is the problem. This post will be a little bit similar to my last post but with a bit of difference since the issue I was actually having that I found was actually different than I thought. Also, I posted a video just in case my explanation doesn't seem to be clear enough.

First, just wanted to say that my bad for not noticing this kind of issue than I thought. I thought that varadd wasn't working upon hitting the later active frames but actually even if the move hits during it's later active frames varadd adds up after a frame or more passed on since the initial frame the move hits.

Anyway, for my initial post:

I've been trying out using a custom juggle point system and it's the one that's close to MUGEN's juggle point system. I was trying out one of them that's in this thread (I think it's by JNP?): https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/what-juggle-system-do-you-use-178518.0.html

This means that I've been trying out using varadd for it

So here's what I'm trying to do. I have this one knockdown move that can cancel into special move but I wanted the special move to not connect from the knockdown move.

So I tried to put this in the knockdown move's statedef:

Code:
[State 0, VarAdd]
type = VarAdd
trigger1 = MoveHit = 1
trigger1 = P2StateType = A
var(25) = 19

This also is in the hitdef of the the special move
Code:
triggerall = Var(25) <= 15  ;<<if the current var(25) value is not <= 15, the move won't hit.

I already implemented this one in statedef -2 as well just putting it out here:
Code:
[State -2, VarSet]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = P2MoveType != H
var(25) = 0

I'm testing it using the non updated kfm for practice purposes and here's what's happening: I have the active frame of the knockdown move at frames 10-15. I made the cancel frames to be at 11-15.

So, what happens here is that when the move hits at frame 10, when I cancel it to special move, it doesn't connect, which is what I'm intending for it to happen here when using this type of juggle point system. But when

So what I can see here is that varadd doesn't apply when the move is canceled to another move at the exact frame the move hits since based on observation, given which cancel frames I set into in comparison with the active frames. So in this scenario, the varadd applies a frame later or more after the knockdown connects

Here's the video showing it.

Is there a way to make varadd apply on the exact frame when the move actually hit or on the exact frame when the move gets canceled after the knockdown move connects and cancels into special move?
Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 11:07:30 am by krudelu
Re: Varadd not adding up after canceling on the same frame? Custom Juggle Point help
#2  December 01, 2020, 10:01:48 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
You can just use a varadd in the special move. use PrevStateNo as the triggerall and do trigger1 as P2 = hit or something similar.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Re: Varadd not adding up after canceling on the same frame? Custom Juggle Point help
#3  December 02, 2020, 11:07:14 am
  • (>owo)><(owo<)
Okay I gave it a try and it's working how I wanted it to be. Thanks.

Also, just going to leave it here just for note purposes:

Apparently, I also forgot to add ignorepause in varadd so make sure to add then in this case.