YesNoOk

I NEED HELP!: Creating the Best Link In Mugen (Read 1514 times)

Started by Generalsteps, May 11, 2021, 01:07:08 am
Share this topic:
I NEED HELP!: Creating the Best Link In Mugen
#1  May 11, 2021, 01:07:08 am
    • USA
Hello Everyone at Mugen Fighters Guild.
I am trying to make the best Link in Mugen. I want a Link similar to UMVC3 Dante in that he will have many special moves to use in battle.
To do this I would like to take the Two best
Link characters in Mugen and combining them into
The ultimate Link. The two Links are

The best Link:
Link_NJ by Napoleon Jonamite
The second best Link:
Link (Soul Calibur Arranged)

I am trying to add the Special Moves from Soul Calibur Link
To work on Link_NJ, specifically:

Mirror Shield Beam Super Move

Bubble Wand Special Move

Spiked Ball and Chain Special Move

Magic Lantern Fire balls Projectile Special Move

Gust Jar Air Cannon Special Move

Spin Attack Super Jump Special Move

Spin Attack Forward Rush Attack Special Move

Magic Deku Leaf Air Raid (Flight)

These are all the specials on Soul Calibur Link that Link_NJ is missing. If we can add these moves to Link_NJ it will be the best link in Mugen. I have followed tutorials starting with Mirror Beam Super and tried everything but can't get it to work. If anyone can help explain to me how to move at least one of these specials I can do it for the rest of the specials by myself.

Please any help is greatly greatly appreciated or if someone is up to the challenge and can do it for me that's great too.

- - - Updated - - -

To clarify. I have used Fighter Factory in order to find the state of Soul Calibur Links Mirror Beam Special.
I have copied the code specific to Mirror Bema Special And Mirror Beam Helper and pasted it into my Link_NJ
I renamed the Statedefs to an un-used numbers on Link_NJ.
I copied and added the commands from SC Link to Link NJ
I have imported the necessary animations and sprites from SC Link to Link_NJ

From here I am not really sure what the problem is I think I am doing something wrong somewhere in these steps because when I try to test it on Link_NJ the Mirror Beam does not come out. I tried different things from following YouTube videos but no luck. He either does not do the move or he performs a different Super which is Boomerang QCF x+y (D, DF, F, X+Y), but the Mirror Beam is B, DB, D, DF, F, x+y. I thought maybe if I change the command to a DP x+y or DP a+b it would work but no that didn't either.

I can't help but think that the best Link in all of Mugen is right there, just out of reach, taunting me, teasing me. I want it so bad.

Link_NJ has the best control feeling and Gameplay, excellent character, but he is only really lacking a large arsenal that Link is known for. He only possess like 5 Specials which are the Bow and Arrow, Bomb Throw, Hookshot, Megaton Hammer, and a Shield Bash.

On contrary, Soul Calibur Link while I believe inferior to Link_NJ far exceeds Link_NJ in the Special Move Department. Possessing most if not all of Link_NJ specials plus many more which I have listed above.

I am dying to create a Link for everyone that's super stylish and complex and just plain great. We don't even really have to make anything New, these two creators of these Links already made the greatest Link in Mugen. Just needed them to come together.
Re: I NEED HELP!: Creating the Best Link In Mugen
#2  May 12, 2021, 12:00:47 am
    • USA
Hello Everyone. I have very good news. After much trial and error, and looking over the code and numbers over and over again, i found various mistakes and issues that were the problem.

And I managed to solve all of them! I now know how to transfer move between characters and have the Mirror Beam Super working 95% on Link_NJ taken from Soul Calibur Link.
The only 5% thing thats missing is the sound effects. I will import the sounds and get that working too!

I will move forward and make this complete link and when I am finished I will upload here for everyone to use!