YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4724009 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Mitsuru Kirijo Quick Update (4/19/21)
#441  April 22, 2021, 06:44:20 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
On the other hand: what do you mean by "we"?

A friend of mine has been teaching me how to use Blender and has been helping me out with getting the model set up for rendering.

Hey OHMSBY how do you guys make special intros between your characters and what isthe backstory behind the Jin Kisaragi vs Isaac special intro, where Isaac holding a odd looking picture, Jin being offended by it and destroying said picture.

The ideas sort of just pop into my head as go though the voice files of each character. Some special intros are meant to be references to the source material, for instance the Quote vs. Blitztank intro is a reference to the Monster X boss fight from Cave Story, where the fight starts with Monster X charging in from behind. As for the Isaac vs. Jin intro, an earlier version of Binding of Isaac: Rebirth featured a picture of the associate producer cosplaying as Jin in the end credits:

This picture has since been removed from later versions of the game for one reason or another. The special intro is meant to be a nod to that.

#442  April 23, 2021, 04:00:42 pm
    • USA
Hey that's really OHMSBY. I like the deep dive into lore behind the characters for their intros. Its always nice when developers like you go out of their way to include neat little nods like this.

Also if you don't mind me asking how do you program a special intro or a specific attack before the match starts in mugen? Like Quote walking and Blitztank coming out from behind him, Charlotte attacking Saya, or just two characters saying a line before starting like Mitsuru vs Jin.
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 04:04:30 pm by Little Fox: Tres Truenos
#443  April 23, 2021, 08:34:14 pm
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA
Hey that's really OHMSBY. I like the deep dive into lore behind the characters for their intros. Its always nice when developers like you go out of their way to include neat little nods like this.

Also if you don't mind me asking how do you program a special intro or a specific attack before the match starts in mugen? Like Quote walking and Blitztank coming out from behind him, Charlotte attacking Saya, or just two characters saying a line before starting like Mitsuru vs Jin.

Well, it's actually quite simple. Set up triggers for "enemyname = what you want" and program a different intro to do that.
However, if you want to have the other character to have a reaction to the intro, you have to do the opposite.
Very vague and strange sounding, I know, but it should give you an idea.
#444  April 25, 2021, 07:08:50 am
    • USA
Thank TurnPile. I think I understand what your saying. Im I've been thinking about getting into the development side of Mugen and its nice to get helpful advice on these little things. Also OHMSBY is there a backstory behind your name and how do you pronounce it, cause I always thought it was pronounced Oh-Bee or Oh-Simbee.
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 07:12:25 am by Little Fox: Tres Truenos
#445  April 27, 2021, 04:13:21 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
#446  April 28, 2021, 05:35:32 am
    • USA
My friend is someone who is not among this community, so no.

Also OHMSBY is there a backstory behind your name and how do you pronounce it, cause I always thought it was pronounced Oh-Bee or Oh-Simbee.

I just pronounce it as Ohms-bee. It's really just something that I thought sounded cool, there's not much to it.

#447  April 28, 2021, 07:16:03 am
    • USA
Ah, ok. Sounds cool. So Is there any hidden lore behind the special intro between Quote vs Susanoo? Also do you plan converting anymore Blade Stranger characters in your style like Curly or Kawase?
#448  April 29, 2021, 04:58:58 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
I'm not sure if it's normal or not, but here it is:

When you attempt to parry Nanase's Atmosphère of the Aether using CvS2/PotS style characters, she misses the hit.
I just slowed down the game to 6 and turn on the hitbox display.
https://streamable.com/8javo0
#449  April 29, 2021, 05:09:12 am
  • Did I hear something about a scooby snack?
    • USA
    • squidlypoli1.neocities.org
I'm not sure if it's normal or not, but here it is:

When you attempt to parry Nanase's Atmosphère of the Aether using CvS2/PotS style characters, she misses the hit.
I just slowed down the game to 6 and turn on the hitbox display.
https://streamable.com/8javo0

It seems to work fine with more modern PotS-style releases like Jmorphman's Benimaru and characters built off it. That Kirito is actually based on Infinite's style, which may not be up-to-date with current "PotS" standards. https://streamable.com/sxr0mv
#450  April 29, 2021, 05:49:28 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Either way, the reason that is happening very likely has to do with how most of the hitdefs in OHMSBY's characters use p2stateno for custom states as opposed to using the targetstate sctrl. Hitdefs will always whiff against hitoverrides (which Infinite uses for his parry mechanic) if said hitdef is using p2stateno, but using targetstate instead will allow the hitdef to connect.
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Nanase Quick Update (4/28/21)
#451  April 29, 2021, 06:18:22 am
    • USA
It's fixed now.

Nanase
-Atmosphere of the Aether now puts the opponent in to the custom state via targetstate instead of p2stateno, allowing for proper interactions with hitoverrides.

So Is there any hidden lore behind the special intro between Quote vs Susanoo?

Not really, its just referencing the fact that Quote is a robot.

Also do you plan converting anymore Blade Stranger characters in your style like Curly or Kawase?

Probably.

#452  April 29, 2021, 07:21:30 am
    • Vietnam
    • sites.google.com/view/vinnie-mugen-projects/home
OHMSBY, I know this is kinda awkward to ask you but can you give me a brief instruction of how did you make small portraits for your characters ?
#453  April 29, 2021, 07:35:04 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
OHMSBY, I know this is kinda awkward to ask you but can you give me a brief instruction of how did you make small portraits for your characters ?
Cozysquirtle actually made a few small ports for their old chars (I said that because i'm not sure if either Ohmsby does the ports themself now or Cozy is still making them) mabye he could show you how.
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#454  April 30, 2021, 06:43:37 am
    • USA

-Crop the image down to 25 by 25 pixels.
-Make it Black and White.
-Posterize it with the levels set to 7.
-Fill in the Black and white pixels with colors from the character's palette.
-Make changes and adjustments to the image when necessary.
-Save the image as an indexed color png.
-Apply the character's palette to the png you created via fighter factory and you are done.

(I said that because i'm not sure if either Ohmsby does the ports themself now or Cozy is still making them)

All of the small portraits starting from Gordeau's were done by me. All the portraits before that one were done by Cozysquirtle.

#455  April 30, 2021, 07:57:32 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Very informative. Now I know a few steps that can save me time on character icons. Thanks a bunch.
#456  May 05, 2021, 06:32:36 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Since CozySquirtle updated his portrait for your Yang, I might as well post some feedback on her as she's one of your very early characters:
-The sliding dust on Cold Shoulder is on the opposite direction and should be smaller since a sliding sound effect was used.
-The opponent's get hit animation on Cold Shoulder gets misaligned for half a second (Also it would look better if the opponent wasn't lying flat while being grabbed).
-There is no sliding dust on the end of Burst of Embers, Raging Inferno and Burning Gold.
-There's no need for the dash dust and sliding sound effect on Unrelenting Fire.

Figured she needs it to make her more consistent with your recent characters as there were things I didn't notice later on. I just need some incentive for an update aside for just a small port.

And here's the post in case you don't know where it is:

I updated my small portrait for OHMSBY's Yang Xiao Long...
Just replace this portrait with the original one. No need to make an alternative small port file for the old one as it's the same, just updated.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#457  May 05, 2021, 12:56:44 pm
    • USA
Hey OHMSBY, how are you doing? Are your projects going well?
#458  May 06, 2021, 12:34:31 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
#459  May 06, 2021, 01:55:00 am
    • USA
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#460  May 06, 2021, 02:02:42 am
    • USA
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/