Re: Auction alert (Read 26825 times)

Started by Jesuszilla, February 01, 2020, 02:16:02 am
Share this topic:
Re: Auction alert
#1  February 01, 2020, 02:16:02 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
If you're doing work for Shinrei aka 2Dee4Ever, I suggest you think twice because he is using it for his own financial gain.

While the game does contain color separated SFF's, the vast majority of the work isn't even his.

His Vanessa is just straight up KoopaKoot's with color separation. He didn't even bother to adjust animation timings. A crouching medium kick should not last 31 frames in a Capcom system.

KoopaKoot's:

"ShinRei's":

While KoopaKoot did grab his CLSNs from KOF, and you could make the argument for ShinRei.... you really can't. The damning evidence here is not that he converted, the damning evidence is that he made little to no effort to convert, and here's why.

Ryo here does the proper thing. His boxes are reused for gethits, probably because his Ryo is just somebody else's (according to the .def, it's CK's, though I do not have CK's Ryo to compare against).

... then Terry does something totally different. Why? Because the CLSN data is just straight up from Warusaki3's .AIR.

Warusaki3's:

"ShinRei's":

Going back to Vanessa, there's even more staggering evidence that he barely put any effort into this other than adding intros and add004 bars to everybody, and that's this:

KoopaKoot's:

"ShinRei's":

While KoopaKoot did get these values from the game, these were likely using an old method, which is why ShinRei just happened to make the exact same mistake. Which means... he didn't actually grab data from the game using the tools available. He's merely taking other people's work, slapping template code onto it, and fooling you into thinking he did it himself.

The portrait is even the one that Walt made:

ShinRei is a con artist just like ACEMILLION and should be banned from the community.
Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 02:25:37 am by Jesuszilla
Re: Re: Auction alert
#2  February 01, 2020, 02:54:21 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Well the money in the first image was for repairing his Hard Drive to get his files back.
At least, unlike AceMillion, you don't have to pay for the full game (Which is also re-used code), you just have to be on his Discord or w/e.
Maybe I've have a better insight if I were active there.
The lack of credit is also a notable problem with 2dee.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#3  February 01, 2020, 03:13:28 am
    • crepa.neocities.org

Rei used to take other's works without permission and without crediting anyone, making "his" creations private, and now he is raising money from that. Not to mention his inumerous dramas with other users here and there, what do you expect from someone like him? lol
#4  February 01, 2020, 03:17:55 am
    • Canada
After his last series of episodes Rei rage quit the guild forever in dramatic fashion. (for realsies this time guys).

I'd rather not give him the attention. He may come back.
#5  February 01, 2020, 03:19:44 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Well the money in the first image was for repairing his Hard Drive to get his files back.
At least, unlike AceMillion, you don't have to pay for the full game (Which is also re-used code), you just have to be on his Discord or w/e.
Maybe I've have a better insight if I were active there.
The lack of credit is also a notable problem with 2dee.
the wording is ambiguous, since he included the "downloadable content" in his membership plans. He'd best clear that up, it looks like he is including it in a paid membership plan.
#6  February 01, 2020, 03:24:27 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
It does not cost $800 to replace or retrieve data from a crashed hard drive.
#7  February 01, 2020, 03:27:38 am
    • UK
Well iirc he didn't reach the goal, but he tried to recover in some fashion.
WIP Schedule:
#8  February 01, 2020, 03:28:56 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Does it matter? It does not cost that much, period. He is doing this for profit.
#9  February 01, 2020, 03:33:04 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Well iirc he didn't reach the goal, but he tried to recover in some fashion.
Yeah exactly, its not just 800 dollars, its /1800 dollars/

Are you like just trying to make excuses or something?

There's a lot of incriminating stuff here, and this guy is looking for nearly 2000 dollars for a harddrive, that doesn't sound like a reasonable amount of money to ask for repairs at all.

It goes beyond just "problems giving credit." If the guy is really coasting off a game full of others people characters in order to make 1800 dollars, that is scummy.
#10  February 01, 2020, 03:39:35 am
    • UK
It goes beyond just "problems giving credit." If the guy is really coasting off a game full of others people characters in order to make 1800 dollars, that is scummy.
"$1700 for stage 3 repair." he mentioned on his YT community page.
I admittedly thought it was a tad excessive when he first went on about it.

WIP Schedule:
#11  February 01, 2020, 03:49:42 am
    • Canada
I sometimes have to arrange for data recovery at work... but for like, servers, so to me $1800 is actually super cheap, but I doubt he's dealing with like a 48tb server down.

What sounds suspicious to me, is that he already knows the cost. All our recovery guys fix the thing, then bill you for the hours after.

but again that's for enterprise level recovery. I don't deal with personal data recovery at all. Do they tell you how much its going to cost before hand? because in my experience they don't.
#12  February 01, 2020, 04:29:21 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
"$1700 for stage 3 repair." he mentioned on his YT community page.
I admittedly thought it was a tad excessive when he first went on about it.
I feel sorry for you for being so gullible that you would defend an obvious scam artist.
#13  February 01, 2020, 04:56:48 am
    • UK
You're lucky. We'll likely be seeing worse defendants if this escalates.
WIP Schedule:
#14  February 01, 2020, 05:02:18 am
    • USA
I don’t think any of this is a scam, I just see a guy wanting to make a project like it’s an actual game. It’s all about quality and there’s nothing wrong with that.
#15  February 01, 2020, 05:08:42 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
No, he's taken a bunch of stuff that isn't his, barely if at all changed it, and is hiding it behind his Patreon.

This is despicable and must not be supported.
#16  February 01, 2020, 05:43:18 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
I don’t think any of this is a scam, I just see a guy wanting to make a project like it’s an actual game. It’s all about quality and there’s nothing wrong with that.
MUGEN is literally not monetizable by law, on top of the fact it’s other company’s IPs. On top of that this unattributed work by other people. I fail to see your point of view
#17  February 01, 2020, 01:51:53 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
Sometimes people will defend and support anything, as long as they get to enjoy the end product.
Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 02:01:05 pm by ink
#18  February 01, 2020, 11:34:34 pm
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

The only people I see falling for this are people that have no idea about the community and where to grab the original work.
The paywall thing I mean.

Which is a lot of people tbh, its really bad.
The  fact that he never credits anyone as well is the cherry on top.
Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 11:37:52 pm by PeXXeR
#19  February 02, 2020, 01:00:55 am
    • USA
Since I included myself in this thread, and sorry for the off-topic discussion, but do any of you guys know any programs I can use to rip sprites from 3D games like Samurai Shodown 64 on MAME for example?
#20  February 02, 2020, 01:16:33 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Please go here for that.