YesNoOk

Corona virus...where do you live and how have your life changed  (Read 1286011 times)

Started by Cong Fu Man, March 13, 2020, 01:36:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Corona virus...where do you live and how have your life changed
#201  April 06, 2020, 08:59:06 pm
Somebody said that the Coronavirus is actually a Bio Weapon being planned and conducted by China. But i actually have doubts that this is true.

its not , most countries are experimenting on the sars virus since the early 00's. but i would like to see if someone will have to answer for the outbreak. seeing it came from china i doubt they'd do a proper investigation.
#202  April 06, 2020, 09:35:36 pm
    • USA
I live down in Long Island, NY.Hicksville specifically. No cases here so far. Though there has been a ton of food gone, so theyve placed limits in some grocery stores. Some of them are only open from 10 am to 5 pm and only let in 6 people at a time. Thankfully, my fridge is packed. I've been cooped up in my basement trying out the MGS series and the new Hyper DBZ characters (18, Krillin, Tien).
There are 237 cases in Hicksville. I'm also on Long Island. Nassau County (where we are) is like the third highest concentration of cases in the state.

The fuck?! My parents told me a few days ago there weren't any in the town. That's scary to know. Long as I stay where I am, should be fine though.

MCX

#203  April 07, 2020, 02:40:31 am
  • Time won't wait for me
    • https://naudamaceno.carbonmade.com/

Guys, if you called COVID-19 "Chinese virus", you're at the same level at Trump. Do you wanna be like Trump? Please, if you don't, don't call corona virus "Chinese virus" again.

Thank you, wash your hands, stay inside if you can, and please for the love of Arceus, take this shit seriously.

No...  Its a chinese Vírus because came from China
And yet Spanish flu doesn't came from spain.
#204  April 07, 2020, 08:19:44 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I live down in Long Island, NY.Hicksville specifically. No cases here so far. Though there has been a ton of food gone, so theyve placed limits in some grocery stores. Some of them are only open from 10 am to 5 pm and only let in 6 people at a time. Thankfully, my fridge is packed. I've been cooped up in my basement trying out the MGS series and the new Hyper DBZ characters (18, Krillin, Tien).
There are 237 cases in Hicksville. I'm also on Long Island. Nassau County (where we are) is like the third highest concentration of cases in the state.

The fuck?! My parents told me a few days ago there weren't any in the town. That's scary to know. Long as I stay where I am, should be fine though.
yeah, that's what is scary aobut it, it transmits so fast that the measure some of us uses is how long it takes it to have double the infected.
#205  April 08, 2020, 01:03:35 am
  • all is love in fair and war
i doubt that [E], seems like there are just a lot more undetected cases going around from the beginning , its just the testing catches up to the previously undetected cases based on a new patient who shows symptom they reveal suspect patients who is in this patience's social bubble, so with every 1 new cases found they tested a lot more suspects, so the number grows a lot faster. so that's why I don't feel safe by reading low found cases in my town since I believe they are just silently spreading and so far undetected discounted as common flu.

since yesterday I saw a lot more public activities here, both from what I see myself or social media posts of friend and family showing group activities people having fun together, I somewhat feel like a lost japanese soldier who hide in the jungle long after WW2 was over, did I miss any memo?? perhaps #covid19 is out of trending topic ??? people just get bored and stop caring??? I dunno whatsup... my brother is golfing with his friends

how strange two days ago the government announce wearing mask being mandatory, and immediately social activities flares up showing people with no masks gathering, is it somekind of protest? I feel like I'm the last person doing social distancing in my family, really puzzling me.
#206  April 08, 2020, 01:59:31 am
Yeah, we're in our 4th week of stay-at-home order over here, and the weather has been fantastic all along, and now the government is sad that people have started going out last week-end as well. We've been pretty obedient and supportive of the stay-at-home order for 3 weeks, but last week-end was just too good to pass - but still very reasonable in my city. I went out for restocking today and it's still a lot more empty than usual (it's usually absolutely jam packed where I live, and it's a decently large mall), but there's noticeably more people than the last 3 weeks.
Health workers are afraid that we'll see numbers shoot up again by Thursday because of that week-end - and it was beginning to go down too, we touched a thousand deaths a day for a couple days last week but we were down to just over 600 or so.
The counter at worldometers was super weird at that point, almost doubling the numbers we're getting officially, I haven't even seen any particularly alarming report today yet right now the counter says 1400 deaths, so I'm not sure what's going on there. We were at 500 deaths in a day this week-end, but now I'm seeing conflicting reports about going back up to 900 and 1400, and other reports saying it's still at 600 deaths today. Someone's messing up something. Maybe because they've started also giving numbers of deaths in elderly care places, and it's not clear if that's in addition to the hospital total or if it's included.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 02:26:17 am by Byakko
#207  April 08, 2020, 06:31:47 pm
different countries report their daily status at different time perhaps, or several times a day, so in that world counter the yesterday's data seems more accurate to situation at hand than the today's data since it might not be final at the time you check it.
or maybe the data is mixed up with other respiratory related deaths
#208  April 08, 2020, 08:00:39 pm
From what I understand now, there are some elderly care centers that weren't reporting correct numbers before, and some of them are playing catch-up in recent days, that's why the official reports we're getting are saying "total number of deaths in elderly care centers" next to the daily report for hospitals, which is why it looks weird and they avoid saying "X people have died from it today". So yeah, it's an addition and we really are over 10k, but  it's not all from these last few days. Bottom line is, it does look like it's slowing down for us.
That's why there's an upset going on about these elderly care centers, it's basically saying they weren't paying attention and just leaving old people to spread it unckecked and die in their care and we're noticing it only now. (total toll yesterday was somewhere around / under 4000 in elderly care and 7000 in hospitals, that looks really bad for these centers and that messes up our daily curve)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 08:14:52 pm by Byakko

GLB

#209  April 09, 2020, 03:27:44 pm
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
Things are a little better at my store here in Colorado Springs, CO. I've stayed safe myself, however some more employees have contracted. They're taking some preventative measures though. They've installed plexiglass at all check out lanes, placed 6 ft social distancing markers on the floor, hired scabs too disinfect everything, passed out masks and extra gloves, hand sanitizer and gave us a bonus + 4 weeks of an extrs 2 bucks an hour hazard pay. Huge improvement from thr first few scary weeks.
#210  April 09, 2020, 07:36:56 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
My state is doing ok, only around a hundred cases; half of them in a single city; a trucker went to that city's government hospital with corona virus syntoms, and instead of isolating him, they kept him in the emergency ward. So it spread up to killing that hospitals director.
#211  April 10, 2020, 03:50:00 pm
today I was paranoid enough to finally buy a respirator with cartridge, so far I ve been wearing homemade cotton fabrics mask I can't breathe well in it, after minutes of wearing it becomes wet from my own respiratory and so get heavier to breathe with and fogs my glasses, also I was spraying ants while in cotton mask and I can smell the pesticide so aerosol droplets pass through it,

also because tested positive local cases in my city jumps from previously 4 to19 ( thats only ones that are tested) our country is still one of the least tested population so all the figures really sketchy and doesn't represent the real situation in my opinion, and also by realization how people here in my city despite road access being still closed here and there, are back on the road and gathers in public places like restaurants are back in business probably feeling bored by social distancing.

industrial style respirator is still reasonably cheap compared to disposable medical style n95 probably people don't want to look too weird in it, in proportion those disposable n95 ones are so popular they are priced 10x over their normal price and only 1/3 the price of industrial respirator with replaceable cannisters/ cartridge that surely will outperform them and a lot cheaper in the long run. I will just wear the cotton mask over the respirator to make it look more civil.
#212  April 10, 2020, 06:08:25 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I'm becoming paranoic already, but not by my choice... in the precint I live (San Miguel, close to the capitol) the cases had increased in so few time at the point we're almost at the point of being declared in quarentine as the high class precints. But that's not the worst part here, about those (assholes of) high class people, they're travelling to beach and other regions for Easter holidays as if nothing happened. It's thanks to these ASSHOLES that Chile probably will be wiped out by coronavirus, and I'm scared for that

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#213  April 10, 2020, 07:08:04 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 So far, the COVID-19 cases have risen up to 37 here in Erie (out of the 18,000+ cases in the entire state of Pennsylvania). As I've said before, while I am angry at how slow the Trump Administration is handling the pandemic (relative to its sheer amount of resources that would allowed it to prepare for the disease better than most nations, but squandered the opportunity) and how the Christian Fundamentalists here are attempting to exacerbate the problem further, you still have to consider that the United States is a very large country that would take up dozens of European countries in landmass. You also have to factor that each state here operates on some very different cultural standards that almost makes each one feel like a different nation on their own. So, I can't really generalize my country's citizens due to that and why I'm mostly blaming the political factions instead.

With that said, I feel a little more secure than most because Erie is not the most popular tourist destination and the local authorities here took this all very seriously the moment that even one case got reported here.
#214  April 10, 2020, 08:26:01 pm
18000!? you sure that's the correct numbers?
#215  April 10, 2020, 09:01:01 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
#216  April 11, 2020, 12:20:36 am
in the middle of increasing virus cases or city mayor starts the project to build new office right in the city center because it is planned to finish by the end of this year, so construction workers working together the whole day eat and drink together right in the city center how nice. oh they wear surgical mask so it stops virus right hahah, who cares the mayor thinks I got my commission, after this post done i get promotion or get a better post elsewhere. and of course a volcano errupts too just for kicks.  :P
#217  April 11, 2020, 01:51:33 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
Fuck Corona Virus!
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#218  April 12, 2020, 11:21:23 pm
Hey all. Haven't been on here for a couple years, been busy with life and stuff.

I'm in a pretty good place regarding COVID-19, have been working remotely for a couple of weeks now. Not being able to get together with my family for Easter is a bummer. One of my elderly relatives died, maybe of COVID-19, maybe of some other lung-related virus, a week ago, but she was nearing the end of her life anyway. The rest of my family is fine.

Hope everyone here is surviving. I was just passing through, digging something up from one of my old posts, I'm probably not sticking around. It just felt weird to log in after years without posting somewhere, so it might as well be here.
#219  April 13, 2020, 11:38:13 am
since yesterday the traffic is very low here, I went groceries shopping yesterday wearing industrial respirator, got everything I need, paid all the bills at the ATM, got drinking bottle too so I'm good for a week or two not going out.
cases still rising up here in my country now at 300-400 new cases a day, these last 2 days we have no rain so probably soon it will be over as dry season starts.
#220  April 13, 2020, 12:25:10 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
The recovery rate in New Zealand is currently higher than the reported infection rate, and chances are in a couple weeks we'll be back to level 2 or level 3 restrictions.

Of the 5 covid deaths in the country 3 have been from the same nursing home.

My mother and I will be going to get tested on Wednesday.