YesNoOk

Evolving MUGEN: artistropeadope (Read 312184 times)

Started by artistropeadope, November 29, 2014, 09:51:34 pm
Evolving MUGEN: artistropeadope
#1  November 29, 2014, 09:51:34 pm
  • My releases are at flurry.com
  • Same pixellated recycled bullshit is at this site.
    • USA
    • flurry-jo.com
What can we do to evolve mugen? 2015 is coming & the biggest thing ive seen is stage zooming ... I want to hear your opinions.

Personally, I think the asymmetrical programming from Gill of SF3 should've been the standard for modern day mugen chars since his release. Also, sprites should be at least on par with guilty gear before being considered serious. Let me know what you guys think.
flurry-jo.com
Re: Evolving MUGEN
#2  November 29, 2014, 10:11:50 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com

Easy, have stages have randomized events, multiple portraits like in Knuckle Fighter, environmental hazards/things that can affect players, cinematics in the middle of Arcade, like in Fighter Maker, a score system like in KF, and a universal tag system. Oh, and a stat/save/replay system. Lastly, we need Suave Guy by Elecbyte.
#3  November 29, 2014, 10:15:31 pm
What can we do to evolve mugen?
Absolutely nothing, how do you even think we can do anything to Mugen. Mugen is coded by Elecbyte, and they do what they want with it. the best you can do is make suggestion, which they'll very likely ignore.
I think the asymmetrical programming from Gill of SF3 should've been the standard for modern day mugen chars since his release.
It's already possible.
Also, sprites should be at least on par with guilty gear before being considered serious.
1/ That's completely retarded.
2/ This has nothing to do with Mugen itself. People can do whatever they want with whatever sprites they want.

Easy, have stages have randomized events, multiple portraits like in Knuckle Fighter, environmental hazards/things that can affect players, cinematics in the middle of Arcade, like in Fighter Maker, a score system like in KF, and a universal tag system. Oh, and a stat/save/replay system. Lastly, we need Suave Guy by Elecbyte.
A lot of those can already be done.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#4  November 29, 2014, 10:26:29 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Chilling
#5  November 29, 2014, 10:34:44 pm
#6  November 29, 2014, 11:07:53 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Also, sprites should be at least on par with guilty gear before being considered serious.
That's just Stupid. What, are Stuff Like CVS2 and MVC2, KOF not "serious"? Hell, you Probably you consider SF3 Sprites (even though SF3 sprites are better done then GG, but I digress) not good enough cause they aren't "Hi-Res" or whatever.

On that note... What the hell do you mean by "Serious"? what does that even mean?
#7  November 29, 2014, 11:10:50 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Personally, I think the asymmetrical programming from Gill of SF3 should've been the standard for modern day mugen chars since his release.

Why? Most characters aren't asymmetrical. Why would you waste time making something standard that's only going to apply to a few characters?
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#8  November 29, 2014, 11:11:09 pm
artistropeadope, don't forget to say it's your opinion. But I'd like you to explain what you mean by serious.
#9  November 29, 2014, 11:12:54 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com

Oh, sorry. I meant universal for everything. AKA: Every character having this stuff by defualt.
#10  November 29, 2014, 11:15:53 pm
No, that's just not feasible. Not every single character has the sprites required to pull things like that. A stat system would be completely arbitrary if it was available for every character. It doesn't make sense outside of a full game, that's why it can only be done there.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#11  November 29, 2014, 11:17:00 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1

Oh, sorry. I meant universal for everything. AKA: Every character having this stuff by defualt.

I Don't think this should be stuff in a character, the stat/replay/save, tag and score system should be in the engine itself, not in a character.

Also, I can safely say that a lot of people (Myself included) don't like stage hazards.
#12  November 29, 2014, 11:19:51 pm
Tag would be bad too in the engine, since, again, not every single character has the necessary sprites. Adding required animations (such as like jumping in or out) would bloat Mugen, and even then, there are several methods to do it (do they jump in ? Do they run in ? Is it only when doing a certain attack ?) so it would just be way too complex to implement it in the engine because Mugen would have to be able to account for every single case. Again, it only makes sense in a full game.
Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 11:44:49 pm by DKDC
#13  November 29, 2014, 11:22:01 pm
  • Magna Power
  • Its Hotdog time. Hot.... Dog...time...
    • neofiresonicmugen.webs.com
duh, online mode, and cinematic like the others said and so that your opponents victory screen shows (i didn't make all those fucking quotes in my bosses for nothing) hm what else.... i guess that tag system(i prefer 3 on 3 like mvc and kof) while still keeping simul

also online mode would be this

each match, the character who you pick will be uploaded temp so then after the match it deletes itself(same would go for stages/music i guess, why not)
oh and all you people who complain " nu dis guy is juest uzin retardad orochi editz"

well its simple, how do you find another match? by fucking looking for one.

oh yeah for tag mode, it should be a separate mode, and chars without the tag option should not be selectable.
this website is stupid
#14  November 29, 2014, 11:23:14 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Tag would be bad too in the engine, since, again, not every single character has the necessary. Adding required animations (such as like jumping in or out) would bloat Mugen, and even then, there are several methods to do it (do they jump in ? Do they run in ? Is it only when doing a certain attack ?) so it would just be way too complex to implement it in the engine because Mugen would have to be able to account for every single case. Again, it only makes sense in a full game.

That's true.  I forget that there is more then one Tag system, because I'm so used to dealing with MVC one.
#15  November 29, 2014, 11:43:42 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Mugen is coded by Elecbyte, and they do what they want with it. the best you can do is make suggestion, which they'll very likely ignore.
this.
#16  November 30, 2014, 01:55:58 am
  • For honor!
Build its happiness and then level up at night.
Iroha stripped for me
#17  November 30, 2014, 06:37:13 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
#18  November 30, 2014, 10:57:52 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Funny, I always thought it evolved with Upgrade -> Dubious Disk.
#19  November 30, 2014, 11:15:18 am
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
Can't you just abandon it at a daycare?
#20  November 30, 2014, 06:58:23 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com