YesNoOk

Help: OSBExtract (for ripping sounds) (Read 6338 times)

Started by AlexSin, June 09, 2016, 04:51:32 pm
Share this topic:
Help: OSBExtract (for ripping sounds)
#1  June 09, 2016, 04:51:32 pm
How can I use this?
https://github.com/nickworonekin/OSBExtract

I'm asking this because I'm trying to rip sounds from Dreamcast games and the .osb files (One Shot Banks) contain the sounds (voices and effects).
I've tried to rip them with Audacity (Import Raw Data -> VOX ADPCM) but the sounds don't come out as clean as I want.

That tool may help me, but I don't know how to use it.
I mean there's this written:
Usage
OSBExtract <file or directory>
but it doesn't do anything.
I'm not even sure it can be used with the command prompt.

I'm sorry, I'm clueless about this stuff.
Re: Help: OSBExtract (for ripping sounds)
#2  July 16, 2022, 05:06:01 pm
After six years I can finally bump this topic to say I learned how to do that.

First of all, I downloaded Microsoft Visual Studio. It takes a lot of time, a lot of space, but I installed it.
Then I opened the OSBExtract.sln and OSBExtract.csproj; I managed, one way or the other, to compile it (I did things at random). Basically there's a "Play" sign, you know, the sign in green.
It compiled the project, it was in the "Bin" folder, "Debug" folder, there you should find the OSBExtract.exe.

After that, you drag and drop the .osb file on the exe and it should make a folder with all the sound files.
Keep in mind that the sound files may have an altered frequency, nothing difficult to fix with Audacity though.

Also Microsoft Visual Studio required me to update the NET framework from 4.0 to 4.8.
Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 08:21:45 pm by AlexSin
Re: Help: OSBExtract (for ripping sounds)
#3  August 07, 2022, 06:16:30 pm
    • Sweden
I'm trying to modify an .osb that's in Radirgy, the game had horrible sound quality, I've already fixed the music, but the sfx format is different.

Think you can send me the compiled .exe to save me some time from having to go through visual basic, used vb similarly before a long time ago, but rather avoid all of that as I'm not a developer.

Appreciate it!