Share this topic:
Re: KoF XV
#1381  July 30, 2021, 07:28:06 am
    • USA
    • thelivewire48@gmail.com
#1382  July 30, 2021, 07:32:04 am
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
I'm absolutely fine about her new design.
This is fate.
#1383  July 30, 2021, 07:32:39 am
    • Mexico
They better not have ditched Kensou again I MFing swear.

Phoenix Arrow looks bad, not gonna lie. I don't get  the team name, none of them are super in any way aside from Athena. I guess this is the new Women Fighters team.

Also it deadass sounded like the announcer said team super HEROIN. I died.
#1384  July 30, 2021, 07:40:22 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
#1385  July 30, 2021, 07:47:57 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#1386  July 30, 2021, 07:54:20 am
    • Mexico
I mean I've always thought of it as a move that lacked impact but at least it looked good before. Right now it looks like some of the most underwhelming shit ever.
#1387  July 30, 2021, 08:54:15 am
The clothes look good except for the fact that she's just bottomless for reasons ??
the silhouette was just nothing like the actual portrait after all.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1388  July 30, 2021, 09:02:09 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Not a bad update to Athena Explosion.
I also wish Crystal Bit was more satisfying, like being multihit in the same manner as XIII.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#1389  July 30, 2021, 09:09:19 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
To me, her design is not that bad. even if it looks incomplete.
The hair is still very strange. (no problem with the choice of hair cut, just 3D modelisation is weird)
Seems like they tried to make Jam design, but failed...

My only real complain is, I don't recognize Athena AT ALL...
Looks like a random Chinese-like new character.

At least, this way, we can forget the previous design and body apearance... absolutely made for Chinese tastes.

Nothing absolutely new on her. Not many risks taken.

Also, OK, Super Heroine Team... OK, you can say that about Athena, but Yuri ? Mai ? Superheroines ?...

Sometimes I just don't understand new SNK choices...
Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 09:23:02 am by Nedflandeurse
#1390  July 30, 2021, 09:09:56 am
    • Germany
I think her design is ok, she had better designs in the past but also worse designs, at least they seem to go back to the tradition to give her a new costume in every game.

https://snk.fandom.com/wiki/Athena_Asamiya/Gallery

To be honest I think the Hair looks kind of odd on her, but that could be personal preference, I always liked the designs of her with long her more.
#1391  July 30, 2021, 10:35:13 am

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#1392  July 30, 2021, 12:59:13 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Atleast, we heard the new banger used for Shunei and first reveal again....the cutscenes though are interesting!
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#1393  July 30, 2021, 01:37:56 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh

The face of someone who's been through 15 yearly tournaments;

They at least got a break from the schoolgirl uniform, so that's a plus I guess...? (again, if you just ignore the fact that there have been other KOF games before XII/XIII...)

Also the music is kinda cool.
#1394  July 30, 2021, 03:18:09 pm
  • SNK is life
I feel this is probably the best Athena has ever looked <3
#1395  July 30, 2021, 03:24:12 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
I like her new design. They found a way to make her look simultaneously 19 and 9, so that’s something. I like Athena with shorter hair, I feel like they don’t do it enough.

I also like the psionic FX she’s got. Though I do wish they could be a bit more opaque, I think they look pretty decent. She looks fun and I wouldn’t mind playing her.

Also it deadass sounded like the announcer said team super HEROIN. I died.

I heard it too but that’s how heroine is pronounced so I suppose it was to be expected lol
#1396  July 30, 2021, 04:14:54 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
So, the Moe Girls Team in KOF '98 is official now. :3

I'm glad with this formation for the Women Fighters Heroines Team.

Athena looks damn great, really reminds her in KOF 2000, but better. I can agreed with Walt that is the best looking Athena in the series.

Also, thank God the Psycho Shoot is back. But yeah, Phoenix Arrow got nerfed. Why? :v

FX/visual effects, specially of the Psycho Ball looks interesting.
#1397  July 30, 2021, 05:38:15 pm
#1398  July 30, 2021, 05:58:17 pm
The face of someone who's been through 15 yearly tournaments;
I keep thinking it's weird but SNK did say they stopped caring about the year number early on, they haven't aged more than a couple years since 97 and they just gave up giving everyone an official age beside the original one.

My fav is still that 02 version, Eolith monkey art style notwithstanding. That top looks great but the skirt looks so weird like it's part of the top and she has nothing below.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 06:01:36 pm by Byakko
#1399  July 31, 2021, 05:20:03 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
So...

This is the first time since 99 to see her in short hair, I liked this when they went different hairstyles during the Nests Saga, Last time her hair was different was KOF MI 2!

As far as Kensou goes, well there is manga revolving around Shingo ongoing right now. We could see A team of those two but the issue is then who will be the 3rd member, K9999 is not going to be coming back anytime soon due to SNK's weird temperament around that one.

Unless you want to bring Nameless in which at least he has a canon identity and can be a potential rival to the new protagonist. But let's be hopeful he at least gets a DLC treatment if not included in the base game.

The other person could be Nakoruru but she will have a different team probably.
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#1400  July 31, 2021, 09:58:28 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
My fav is still that 02 version, Eolith monkey art style notwithstanding. That top looks great but the skirt looks so weird like it's part of the top and she has nothing below.

I feel exactly like you about that.
2K2 was really a great design. And Athena looked just cute enough in this game.

In this new version, I have this same unfinished design (clothes) feeling. They could have solved the problem by giving her slightly longer top/dress.
Again, no problem with giving her short hair, but her hair and face modelisation is still strange...

I don't understand why they mess up with some (female) characters hair, when Andy have a perfect hair modelisation.

Some informed persons told me it could be because they work with different 3D studios, some not even in Japan, and the quality can be lower in some characters. or appearance can be different from what a character used to look like.