Progress (Read 667398 times)

Started by Neocide, January 23, 2011, 06:31:53 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Progress
#41  April 07, 2011, 10:13:59 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
nah its not for that palette exactly, just color separation, you cant really notice it much, plus it fits the style tbh, checked out screenshots of vegeta himself, and it looks close to it.

edit - Just finished the teleport combo now, the defensive features are left before I send out the beta.
Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 11:27:47 pm by Neocide
Re: Progress (started defense system)
#42  April 09, 2011, 09:43:48 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
4-9-11

Started on the defensive system, working on the 4 different counter versions for the counter ("QCB,C", then when the counter is successful  one of the four offensive buttons x,y,a,b, to initiate the counter move whatever) after that I'll make a guard push, and I'm debating on whether or not to add a air counter system as well. (possibly,) Guard crush should follow after that.

Also thinking of bringing in a flight mode, (but not a permanent position like how most flys are made for dbz characters) using the "z" button making it like the fast version of flight from dbz legends,I'm hoping by the time this game is done 1.1 is out, so this flight mode can utilized to its full extent.
#43  April 10, 2011, 12:07:03 am
    • Poland
Well if you can make it unique and fun, I would say, go for it. It would be nice if areakl combat could be little different than ground one. Otherwise no one would use it just for sake of flying. I don't have any ideas ATM but I will think about it...
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#44  April 10, 2011, 12:09:08 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
oh of course the aerial combat would be different than the ground, I'm just hoping its not more NEW sprite work, and just custom stuff, but it'll of course have a different feel to it, since the main system feel on the ground is more of a mvc2 feel to it (still need to put in a fucking launcher)

#45  April 11, 2011, 12:45:27 pm
Awesome progress and idea's you have there Neocide. Maybe you could add portraits appearing like MVC when a super gets performed.
#46  April 12, 2011, 12:25:31 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I actually made a drastic change just recently, since I got ahold of a friend of mine who was working with me on this (he made a good amount of the sheets) and got a base thats a good mix between things I wanted to do, I'm going to make a video today and showcase everything in it.
#47  April 12, 2011, 02:46:32 am
    • kratos-kreations.webs.com/
looking forward to it. 8)
#48  April 12, 2011, 10:02:41 am
Can't wait to see a video Neocide. You are always impressing Me.
#49  April 12, 2011, 12:55:52 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Video with this stuff is gonna be awesome ! ;D (I know, I tested it. Well, maybe not the exact version he'll showcase, but still ...)
Re: Progress(3 gameplay videos!!)
#50  April 13, 2011, 12:31:10 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
ok finally figured it out thanks to ryon(thanks again bro!) without further ado, three videos

this one showcases his movement and teleport and block (which is used with z)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCgORji71mA

I was trying to do a super jump for a while so it looks like I'm just jumping over and over again.
you can also super jump and link it with a teleport like I did in the video

this one shows off the fight system:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avog4fd8-p8

he has three different attack buttons, light, medium, and hard. has crouch and jump attacks as you see, I could've done more chaining but I had 30 seconds and I was just excited to show this off :P also showed off his grab lol

X- light Attack
y- Med Attack
B- Hard Attack

last video is the advanced gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmdXdzAJhwc

the stun attack (the move where he's glowing blue) is done by holding B and the stun combo shown is done with tapping X after ward. the second stun attack setup is done with holding B after you've done the first one, and you can keep going till you end with sending the opponent in the air, and last, my favorite is the pursuit attacks, which are done after a stun attack followed by a stunned hard attack (B) then after the opponent is hit, tap A, to chase them and tap a again to chase them again and A a third time for the final hit

no ki stuff implemented yet, was planning on making a pursuit ki attacks, as well as some ki combos, not entirely sure yet, so I'm up to suggestions, as I have a free button

the layout atm is

X- Light attack
Y- Med Attack
Z - Block
A-speed(teleporting)
B- Hard Attack
C- Ki(not implemented yet)

well there you go hope you guys enjoy. I'll try to do more of these as well. for those beta testers who tested my other base(s) I'm sorry I wasted your time just to grab another one, this one is final though as its everything I wanted to mix in, just needs a bit more.

also thinking of adding in that fly mode E, the one thats in the other beta, I dunno though.
#51  April 13, 2011, 03:14:01 am
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
Good stuff! Excellent game play! You can tell our old buddy and yourself that I love you both very much. :3

#52  April 13, 2011, 01:48:52 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I'm all for fly mode, but with an option to disable it if you're going to release the characters for normal mugen too.
I'm not so fond of the button layout : why not use XYZ instead of XYB for the 3 different attacks ? Would seem more natural to me (but hey, that's just me :P)
#53  April 13, 2011, 09:05:07 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I'm all for fly mode, but with an option to disable it if you're going to release the characters for normal mugen too.
I'm not so fond of the button layout : why not use XYZ instead of XYB for the 3 different attacks ? Would seem more natural to me (but hey, that's just me :P)
I thought that too, but with the system it fit better, but while I was at work today I kinda noticed how similar the system is to mvc3 somewhat, so I decided I'm going to add a 4th physical button being a launcher(ground) and smack down (air).I'll switch the buttons up to x y a now being hard, and with b being the launcher. If I added the fly mode, it would work into this system.

possibly a button press in the air, to transition in and out of it. Z will stay guard, and c will become speed. I'm thinking of using the 4 buttons for ki attacks, maybe quarter circle commands for them, light attack ki would be a simple ki shot, medium maybe a blast? or 3 ki shots? hard would be a beam I suppose, a quick one. all of them will chain like the physical attack system, and into it as well.

I was thinking of I made the ki attacks take power, you could use them pass 0, but you'd get tired, I am thinking of maybe making a tired system as to when you get tired after 0 maybe like a certain number of projectiles, different number for different people, as sort of a way to have some kind of power system,it wouldnt be a huge diff, maybe like 1-2 more than others, 3 max.

I'll show some vids of fly and the ki stuff I'm considering adding over in a bit.
#54  April 13, 2011, 09:41:49 pm
    • youtube.com/user/SeiferFirehart
Yo, I've seen this DBKAI Allstars vids on YouTube and it lead me here. After reading some stuff about it here, that it's based on your Son Goku (OMG NOOO!) i've decided to reply. You see, i dont really like Your Goku's gameplay Neocide... to be honest, i hate it... almost as DGZ style. Combo's are a good thing, but made wrong, ruins whole char. You don't have full controll of character, with this style of gameplay you dont even need to focus, its enough to hit random buttons and char will kick enemys ass all around the stage. Surely You will not change whole fighting system just for me, but please, DONT IMPLEMENT PUSHING BACK WHILE CHARGING, ITS THE WORST FEATURE OF ALL POSSIBLE!
#55  April 13, 2011, 10:15:16 pm
    • Poland
Well fighting games are all about combos & discovering different ways of chaining them together. Yes with DGZ stuff I can mash random buttons & I'm gonna make good combo, but with Son Goku, no I don't think that's true. He is designed to against button mashing. I had to doscover some combo commands before I was able to use him properly. Rest was just mixing those combos with each other. Atleast that's how he feels for me.
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#56  April 13, 2011, 10:36:23 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Yo, I've seen this DBKAI Allstars vids on YouTube and it lead me here. After reading some stuff about it here, that it's based on your Son Goku (OMG NOOO!) i've decided to reply. You see, i dont really like Your Goku's gameplay Neocide... to be honest, i hate it... almost as DGZ style. Combo's are a good thing, but made wrong, ruins whole char. You don't have full controll of character, with this style of gameplay you dont even need to focus, its enough to hit random buttons and char will kick enemys ass all around the stage. Surely You will not change whole fighting system just for me, but please, DONT IMPLEMENT PUSHING BACK WHILE CHARGING, ITS THE WORST FEATURE OF ALL POSSIBLE!

ok,

well no need to worry, this system is entirely different than that, I never planned on doing that system fully anyway.

It was easy to get combos with him without doing much, but to get more complex ones you'd have to put some work into it, but it was a double edged sword. which is why It didnt work out for this, It was a fun change from the common db theme in the mugen community though.
fly mode and light and medium ki attack concepts (videos)
#57  April 14, 2011, 02:01:59 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
#58  April 14, 2011, 01:44:53 pm
This İs Awesome Neocide. İ love the effort and sprites you got there. The system You are currently adding is decent and sweet for a full Game. İt shows your difference wich İ appriciate alot.
#59  April 14, 2011, 05:11:04 pm
    • youtube.com/user/SeiferFirehart
The flying system is great, just like in my vision, only sounds are unnecessary or  make different, these are too loud. The Ki shots are nothing special. Again, the exploding sound is terrible and much too loud.
#60  April 14, 2011, 10:18:34 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
fly sound is the same sound from the show, the ki shots are going to be entirely different, I'll have more news in a week or so